Coronavirus

Henry

9 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Bloody everything is these days. Shite programme. 

Dazzy, you’d didn’t like some of the jokes told earlier, you’ve got to chill out. Trust me, this is what we do. You will never post on a forum like this again, basically chilled out entertainment 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59902929

a worrying precedent 

Since those of us who haven’t had a booster are now unvaccinated scum again, how is this going to work? As we get to a point where you’ll have needed your 6th booster etc it’s just going to get messy. 

if you were double vaccinated a year ago, it’ll have worn off and you’ll be the equivalent of being unvaccinated anyway won’t you? 

1 hour ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Over east they record anyone who isn’t triple jabbed in the figures as unvaccinated. The vast majority going in to hospital are then “unvaccinated” and the mantra that the jab, especially 3 delicious doses is the answer.

Where you hearing that?

3 hours ago, Poodler said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59902929

a worrying precedent 

Since those of us who haven’t had a booster are now unvaccinated scum again, how is this going to work? As we get to a point where you’ll have needed your 6th booster etc it’s just going to get messy. 

if you were double vaccinated a year ago, it’ll have worn off and you’ll be the equivalent of being unvaccinated anyway won’t you? 

That's a very fair point min.

I was speaking to my old lady this morning and the practicality of the MMR jab was brought up in oor conversation. 

Many of us who got this jab at either 4 or 5 years old still contracted either measles, mumps, and/or chicken pox (on multiple occasions) thereafter, therefore rendering the vaccination rather futile.

11 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I was speaking to my old lady this morning and the practicality of the MMR jab was brought up in oor conversation. 

Many of us who got this jab at either 4 or 5 years old still contracted either measles, mumps, and/or chicken pox (on multiple occasions) thereafter, therefore rendering the vaccination rather futile.

Couple of points. 

MMR isn’t a chicken pox vaccine and its extremely rare to catch Chicken pox multiple times. Hence why you get Chicken Pox parties where by you let your kid get it early doors so they don’t get it at a later age. 

49 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

So you got an MMR jag and haven't had measles, mumps or rubella but did get a different illness that you've not been immunised against? 

And that makes the MMR vaccine pointless? 

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

rubella is German measles....

UK efficacy after 2 doses of MMR vaccine (given at around 12 months age and second dose at 3yrs 4 months) shows it gives 99% protection against measles, 88% protection against mumps and as near as damn 100% protection against rubella

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So you got an MMR jag and haven't had measles, mumps or rubella but did get a different illness that you've not been immunised against? 

And that makes the MMR vaccine pointless? 

Aye I've had measles, German measles, and mumps all after having the MMR jab.

I was led to believe at the time that it also protected you against chicken pox.

I was only 4 years old at time for fucks sake so understandably was very naive and never possessed the knowledge of an expert in field of epidemiology/virology/bacteriology.?

46 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Couple of points. 

MMR isn’t a chicken pox vaccine and its extremely rare to catch Chicken pox multiple times. Hence why you get Chicken Pox parties where by you let your kid get it early doors so they don’t get it at a later age. 

You're bang on min, but being the very naive 4 year old I was at the time of the jab, I was led to believe it was given to you to protect you from contracting chicken pox.

A lesson learned. The succulent crustiness of the viral lumps in/on my eye lids in new year 1985 told me otherwise that the MMR jab did not protect me from the pox.

4 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye I've had measles, German measles, and mumps all after having the MMR jab.

I was led to believe at the time that it also protected you against chicken pox.

I was only 4 years old at time for fucks sake so understandably was very naive and never possessed the knowledge of an expert in field of epidemiology/virology/bacteriology.?

You got them all aged 4? After being double vaccinated???

I'm calling you out as talking shite

I'm too old to have had the MMR vaccine. 

But totally unvaccinated, I've only had rubella out of those 3 diseases in all my 55 years.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You're bang on min, but being the very naive 4 year old I was at the time of the jab, I was led to believe it was given to you to protect you from contracting chicken pox.

A lesson learned. The succulent crustiness of the viral lumps in/on my eye lids in new year 1985 told me otherwise that the MMR jab did not protect me from the pox.

I now am 100% calling you out as talking utter shite

Because the MMR vaccine programme was only started in 1988 (as a single dose initially)

It was increased to a double dose in 1996

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

rubella is German measles....

UK efficacy after 2 doses of MMR vaccine (given at around 12 months age and second dose at 3yrs 4 months) shows it gives 99% protection against measles, 88% protection against mumps and as near as damn 100% protection against rubella

Never knew you got a MMR jab at around 1 years of age as well as when you're about 4 years old.

This place is an invaluable source of education?

29 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You got them all aged 4? After being double vaccinated???

I'm calling you out as talking shite

I'm too old to have had the MMR vaccine. 

But totally unvaccinated, I've only had rubella out of those 3 diseases in all my 55 years.

It was 1982 when I got what was called the "booster" vaccination (the older form of the MMR jab?) back then. My only recollection of the appointment was getting sugar cubes to eat to neutralise some other medicine given to me orally (polio vaccine drops?).

I was led to believe it was a MMR jab but now stand corrected.

I got mumps and measles when I was about 5 years old, followed by a lovely, vivid dose of German measles when I was 6 years old. My 3rd and final dose of chicken pox swiftly followed in new year '85 (My old lady had shingles at the same time so this might have been a contributing factor, who knows?).