Coronavirus

Henry

Absolutely bilin hait down at the vaccine centre there, trying to get the booster (after 8 weeks). 

Wouldn’t give me it due to safety. Had the managers down, please explain to me how the elderly and immuno- suppressed got called forward to get it after 8 weeks, surely they’re at higher risk (from this safe vaccine) than me. 

I was begging for a vaccine I don’t want and couldn’t get it, yet I’m currently scum as I’m not fully vaccinated and can’t leave the country for work without the booster. 

complete shit show. 

1 minute ago, Poodler said:

Absolutely bilin hait down at the vaccine centre there, trying to get the booster (after 8 weeks). 

Wouldn’t give me it due to safety. Had the managers down, please explain to me how the elderly and immuno- suppressed got called forward to get it after 8 weeks, surely they’re at higher risk (from this safe vaccine) than me. 

I was begging for a vaccine I don’t want and couldn’t get it, yet I’m currently scum as I’m not fully vaccinated and can’t leave the country for work without the booster. 

complete shit show. 

Where to?  A lot of countries now accepting negative test or proof of previous infection

5 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

How many weeks has it got to be @poodler? Eh am not aware of any country that requires triple jabbing

It's 3 months here between vaccine doses

Despite when they were originally on the verge of being released (and being the manufacturer's recommended interval)  the original plan being to have only 4 weeks between the jabs

2 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Wtf it’s 4 weeks here 

Yup that was the original plan.

But when the vaccines were released the government here realised it was going to take the best part of a year to get everyone over the age of 16 fully vaccinated. Their rationale was then "to protect the elderly and vulnerable" at all costs. And reckoned the best way to do that was to get more people single jabbed early on rather than get folk double jabbed quickly. 

The individual CMO's of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales conspired to drum up some "evidence" that having a 3 month gap between vaccinations elicited a better immune response than the manufacturers recommended 4 week gap. 

So good that it became evident that we'd all need a 3rd vaccination 6 months after the 2nd jab. And it's now looking likely there will be a 4th vaccination in another 6 months or so. 

It's time that boosters were limited to over 65s and vulnerable groups only. Once a year alongside the flu jab.

24 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Doesn't pay to get too excited about a single study (even if it's a meta analysis). 

However, I will predict this: over the next few months and years people on all sides are going to discover that many of the things they thought and did were wrong and not helpful. And rather than accept that, they'll ignore it.

Having made a sacrifice, it's really hard to accept that the sacrifice was pointless.

2 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Doesn't pay to get too excited about a single study (even if it's a meta analysis). 

However, I will predict this: over the next few months and years people on all sides are going to discover that many of the things they thought and did were wrong and not helpful. And rather than accept that, they'll ignore it.

Having made a sacrifice, it's really hard to accept that the sacrifice was pointless.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Because it’s shite 

Perfect example

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A funny clip of a man who's "done his own research (watched YouTube videos)" arguing with a man who actually knows what he's talking about 

What's funny about it?  Aye the audience member is a stuttering gluepot but the word of the "expert" on the panel doesn't supersede the evidence (yellow card reporting scheme)