Coronavirus

Henry

8 minutes ago, Poodler said:

It absolutely is a deadly disease process for large amounts of the population. That cannot be argued. 

Not sure large amounts of the population when the survival rates are >99% or something. I'd say its a deadly disease to a very very small percentage of us humans. And as NEM said its due to a percentage of that small minority not looking after themselves prior to this 'pandemic'. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Not all of them.From people I know personally some have been in ICU , some have lost all sense of taste and smell (and never recovered it), some have had it mild, some haven't had any symptoms at all.  To dismiss it is a cold is folly and insensitive . I say that as someone who dismissed it as a load of pish at the start of the pandemic.

FF8-E9-E94-E6-FF-400-F-A754-C31-D578-B8-

No offence but presume they were from Glasgow? The sick man of Europe. Unhealthy, fat cunts most likely ? 

Its not a cold, it’s a flu and is absolutely no threat to the vast, vast majority 

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

It absolutely is a deadly disease process for large amounts of the population. That cannot be argued. 

Come on of course it can be argued. “Large amounts of the population”? A tiny % of the population have died because of covid. Something like 17k in England and Wales and the average age of covid death is older than the average life expectancy.

Even if you only count cases confirmed by a reported test, 1.5 million in Scotland, and believe the figure for died within 28days of a test, 10k, it's only deadly for 0.66% of people who got it. 

Considering the number of people who've had it and not had a reported test must be well over double the 1.5 million figure it's deadly to a tiny amount of people.

10000 people over two years in a country of 5.5 million? For a highly transmissible, deadly virus?

Guest milne_afc
12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

10000 people over two years in a country of 5.5 million? For a highly transmissible, deadly virus?

The restrictions must have worked ?‍♂️

49 minutes ago, NEM said:

Come on of course it can be argued. “Large amounts of the population”? A tiny % of the population have died because of covid. Something like 17k in England and Wales and the average age of covid death is older than the average life expectancy.

50 minutes ago, NEM said:

Global deaths are about 6 million. I’d say that’s a large amount regardless of percentage of population.

If it’s not then this whole Holocaust business has been vastly overstated (we know why) 

I’d say the global reaction to the disease has been ridiculous, but it is another killer disease process. As is influenza, which we manage appropriately.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Eat your greens 

Take some vitamins 

Do some exercise / move about.

Be alight.

They're certainly the things you can do to give you the best chance of being healthy and protecting you against most things. 

Being a fat cunt is far too accepted these days. 

42 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Global deaths are about 6 million. I’d say that’s a large amount regardless of percentage of population.

If it’s not then this whole Holocaust business has been vastly overstated (we know why) 

I’d say the global reaction to the disease has been ridiculous, but it is another killer disease process. As is influenza, which we manage appropriately.

Compared to the global population it's absolutely miniscule and that's 6 million with covid, not from.

Your third line I agree with.  it's been the biggest over reaction in human history.  Still some folk have made a fortune off it so never mind.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NEM said:

FF8-E9-E94-E6-FF-400-F-A754-C31-D578-B8-

No offence but presume they were from Glasgow? The sick man of Europe. Unhealthy, fat cunts most likely ? 

Its not a cold, it’s a flu and is absolutely no threat to the vast, vast majority 

Oh no it fucking isn't.

There are 4 viruses that cause influenza........influenza A, B, C and D. Only influenza A is known (to date anyway) to cause global 'flu pandemics. 

There are around 220 known viruses that cause the common cold. of these, 4 are coronaviruses. So when we eventually downgrade Covid-19, if it's going anywhere then it's going into the common cold designation

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Oh no it fucking isn't.

There are 4 viruses that cause influenza........influenza A, B, C and D. Only influenza A is known (to date anyway) to cause global 'flu pandemics. 

There are around 220 known viruses that cause the common cold. of these, 4 are coronaviruses. So when we eventually downgrade Covid-19, if it's going anywhere then it's going into the common cold designation

Ha ha fair enough I'll bow to your superior knowledge.  A glorified cold it is then.

51 minutes ago, Parklife said:

They're certainly the things you can do to give you the best chance of being healthy and protecting you against most things. 

Being a fat cunt is far too accepted these days. 

No comment on the billions spent pushing these foods on people?

Is it all just personal responsibility yeah?

There has been some tremendous pish that none of our Grandkids will believe. Remember the rules that you had to wear a mask on the train unless you were eating. What the fuck was the point in that, because covid respects you are hungry.

I’m convinced those cabinet meetings were all just folk sitting drinking wine and making up nonsense. I doubt anyone knew what the actual rules were apart from a few petrified old folk scared to leave their house due to the scaremongering and probably have worse underlying issues now.

14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

First 3 or 4 weeks when it was good weather getting pished in the garden was my fave bit. Not sure my neighbour would say the same.

Agree actually, peak covid. 

A trip to Asda felt like a secret mission that you needed to prepare for and get up at 7am. 

Wakey wakey time got later and later.