Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, cheesepipes said:

My favourite bit was the desperate alkies sitting at a folding camping table on the pavement in heavy swirling winds and sub 10 degrees Celsius just to drink a pint of cheap Carling at Archie Simpsons. 

The height of a miserable existence. 

done that in Norway in similar temps

i used to kid myself on that its these miserable times that hold the best memories

31 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

done that in Norway in similar temps

i used to kid myself on that its these miserable times that hold the best memories

The noggies usually put you under cover with plenty heaters and the option of fluffy blanket. 

Done well the outside temp shouldn't matter. 

Sticking a few deck chairs onto the pavement just didn't cut the mustard. 

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Called that at the time . Brutal. Some of the makeshift ‘beer gardens’ were a real blight on the human condition.

Was that not more a fuck you to Sturgeon who clearly just wanted everybody to stop going out for a beer. 

My favourite during covid was when i was out a walk with my mates and some wifie tried to chase us off a wee public road leading to their house. "THIS AREA IS LOCKED OFF!" Fuck off. 

21 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Was that not more a fuck you to Sturgeon who clearly just wanted everybody to stop going out for a beer. 

My favourite during covid was when i was out a walk with my mates and some wifie tried to chase us off a wee public road leading to their house. "THIS AREA IS LOCKED OFF!" Fuck off. 

Aye I mind fittie had signs up around it telling everyone to fuck off 

As if they had the power to stop yi