Coronavirus

Henry

24 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Am I completely missing something here, so are they saying I can do completely anything I want including going to visit folk at Christmas and potentially spreading it about (despite everyone being jabbed) and then afterward we are locked down 

What the fuck is the common sense in that

^^Looking for common sense ??

4 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Hospitality should say GTF and EVERY place remain open.

2 fingers up.

If that is announced then waiting until 4 days before Christmas to deliver the news is laughable really.

How's the data in South Africa? We doubling cases every day like we were told?

I give up now.

The pigs would be all over it. Remember if you get a conviction you lose your licence meaning no business in the future.

They've got them over a barrel.

Anyone could see this was going to happen. It's our new yearly lockdown tradition.

34 minutes ago, Roberto said:

2 fingers up.

If that is announced then waiting until 4 days before Christmas to deliver the news is laughable really.

I give up now.

Cases and hospital numbers dropping daily.  No lockdown.

We're being conned.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

# kill the vulnerable and innocent.

Are you just of the opinion we do this forevermore now? New variant, more lockdowns, restrictions, vaccinations etc? Everyone was told the way out of this was vaccines and now that’s changed I’m guessing anyone supporting the above just sees it as a new way of living. 

1 minute ago, Quagmire said:

Are you just of the opinion we do this forevermore now? New variant, more lockdowns, restrictions, vaccinations etc? Everyone was told the way out of this was vaccines and now that’s changed I’m guessing anyone supporting the above just sees it as a new way of living. 

Fucking hope nae min.

I dont know if truth be told, quite a difficult thing to comprehend trying to look ahead the way things are.

I suppose if the virus is always going to be in circulation then the best we can hope for is that an all covering vaccine is developed further, which only has to be taken annually or every 2 years or something.

One thing is for sure, there isn’t a bottomless pit of money to keep financing restrictions so something is going to have to give at some point.

• Haha 1
Just now, Reed or deed said:

Fucking hope nae min.

I dont know if truth be told, quite a difficult thing to comprehend trying to look ahead the way things are.

I suppose if the virus is always going to be in circulation then the best we can hope for is that an all covering vaccine is developed further, which only has to be taken annually or every 2 years or something.

One thing is for sure, there isn’t a bottomless pit of money to keep financing restrictions so something is going to have to give at some point.

Or we could just crack on given the new dominant strain appears to be the equivalent of a cold?  

Folk have always died from flu and always will.  We don't ruin folks lives every year because of that.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NEM said:

If you've got symptoms do a test and if positive stay in the hoose that's fair enough. 

Otherwise agree get the testing to fuck, just an excuse for lockdown

So if you are meeting elderly relatives this year for christmas dinner, you don’t think it’s a responsible thing to do, to do an LFT to be on the safe side, in case you’re asymptomatic?

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

Or we could just crack on given the new dominant strain appears to be the equivalent of a cold?  

Folk have always died from flu and always will.  We don't ruin folks lives every year because of that.

# The equivalent of a cold. Good een.

I must have missed all these years previously that ICUs were full of folk with flu, unable to breathe.

48 minutes ago, Roberto said:

2 fingers up.

I give up now.

I read the cases in ZA have halved (although many people don't test anyway)

around 20K 

USA today is 250K, averaging 148K 

7 times the population but 12 times the amount of cases

heading from USA to ZA in January to be safe ......... 

4 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

# The equivalent of a cold. Good een.

I must have missed all these years previously that ICUs were full of folk with flu, unable to breathe.

Did you miss the "new dominant strain" bit? Mild headache and a scratchy throat being the main symptoms.

Is that second sentence a joke?  Please tell me I'm being whooshed ?

8 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

So if you are meeting elderly relatives this year for christmas dinner, you don’t think it’s a responsible thing to do, to do an LFT to be on the safe side, in case you’re asymptomatic?

Don't really have elderly relatives.  My Mum etc have all had their super dooper boosters so shouldn't have anything to worry about.  Chances of me spreading it asymptomatically are pretty tiny anyway.