Coronavirus (Football Thread)

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Yeah agree, we can still apply beyond the regulations. I presume we will be applying for more.

Gee man was suggesting the already agreed limit was 500 which is why I pointed out that its 2000.

With us struggling to sell the 5665 tickets in the groupings for the BK Hacken game, I wonder if there will be differences applied. I'd rather sit in the season ticket seat I've bought than be punted around the ground. 

want the original application "upto and including dundee united"? as the rules change on the Monday after that

I assume this is the same and what we might change is some of the onerous additions (when and were to go, mask wearing, testing and so foth)

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Nae point in building a 20k stadium then.  ;)

5665 for the next couple of games then hopefully it gets increased. 

Nicola changing the goalposts could go either way I guess.

I was just meaning in the immediate future, surely if you can have a certain amount of fans for one game you shouldn't need to apply for the same every time, it should just be a given.

11 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Nicola changing the goalposts could go either way I guess.

I was just meaning in the immediate future, surely if you can have a certain amount of fans for one game you shouldn't need to apply for the same every time, it should just be a given.

More people gettting vaccinated all the time so surely to fuck 5665 is the minumum from now on. 

I fucking hope so anyway. 

Edit: unless Thursday goes tits up. 

23 minutes ago, Bamber said:

want the original application "upto and including dundee united"? as the rules change on the Monday after that

I assume this is the same and what we might change is some of the onerous additions (when and were to go, mask wearing, testing and so foth)

Yes the original application was for 8,200 and included up to the Utd game.

That application was rejected and a compromise 5665 for just the BK Hacken game was agreed.

the Utd game is therefore up for further discussion

36 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Level 0 rules:There will still be limits on the size of events and stadia attendances - but these will increase outdoors to 2,000 seated and 1,000 standing, and indoors to 400.

Yep, so Pittodrie, being seated outdoors is now 2000, with opportunities to apply for additional attendance

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Level 0 rules:There will still be limits on the size of events and stadia attendances - but these will increase outdoors to 2,000 seated and 1,000 standing, and indoors to 400.

Should have changed the red shed seats to safe standing rail seat things when it was previously discussed

1 minute ago, Howard Marks said:

Interestingly, a higher percentage of total capacity than our game on Thursday.

They won't have to hand over one whole stand for the use of only players/club officials as we have to

Hopefully there'll be a fire or something equally  disastrous happen to the cunts' stadium during their match

20 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They won't have to hand over one whole stand for the use of only players/club officials as we have to

Hopefully there'll be a fire or something equally  disastrous happen to the cunts' stadium during their match

True, could it mean that we get the full season ticket holders in for the league game though?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, I think testing for big events seems a logical thing to do, I know there's a risk of folk not really doing them etc, but most people will do the right thing if they test positive I suspect. We may find AFC approach is the one other clubs have to adopt and hopefully we'll be better placed to handle it if so.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Tomorrow is the big day.

Will Nicola let football get back to normal from Monday or will there be bad news?

What a bounce it'll be in the second leg if we are allowed to go back to normal

If they can't open football back up from 9th August then when the hell would it ever be possible, same with nightclubs. What else could possibly improve the situation other than the extensive roll out of the highly effective vaccine? If any industry remains restricted after tomorrow's announcement then it should be prompt legal action all round.

• Upvote 2