Coronavirus (Football Thread)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure, I think testing for big events seems a logical thing to do, I know there's a risk of folk not really doing them etc, but most people will do the right thing if they test positive I suspect. We may find AFC approach is the one other clubs have to adopt and hopefully we'll be better placed to handle it if so.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Tomorrow is the big day.

Will Nicola let football get back to normal from Monday or will there be bad news?

What a bounce it'll be in the second leg if we are allowed to go back to normal

If they can't open football back up from 9th August then when the hell would it ever be possible, same with nightclubs. What else could possibly improve the situation other than the extensive roll out of the highly effective vaccine? If any industry remains restricted after tomorrow's announcement then it should be prompt legal action all round.

• Upvote 2

Not as good a new as was hoping for.

I presume the club will continue with the same mitigations; masks, entry times, id, testing etc to maximise the negotiated number.

Kicked on for another couple months for being able to rock in to the golf club at 2.30, squeeze in 2 pints, and rock in to pittodrie at 2.58 with no checks.

Maybe the club will try to put one or two stands back to normal and leave the other three as per the last two games.

Merkland and away South section back to normal and leave South, RDS Upper and Lower with the social distancing?

Obviously the Main is closed again for the next one assuming the same Uefa rules are applying.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Merkland and away South section back to normal and leave South, RDS Upper and Lower with the social distancing

That doesn't make sense. The South Stand and Merkland share the same access routes, with the the away section has its own entrance.

The Cheeks had near 50% allocation before the recent relaxation.

Just get the doors open for all, keep the pre-tests, id checks and staggered timing if you want any mitigations, but open up the grounds and lets get back to normal 

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That doesn't make sense. The South Stand and Merkland share the same access routes, with the the away section has its own entrance.

The Cheeks had near 50% allocation before the recent relaxation.

Just get the doors open for all, keep the pre-tests, id checks and staggered timing if you want any mitigations, but open up the grounds and lets get back to normal 

I'm definitely voting get back to normal and it's a big disappointment. 

Just saying there will likely be some sort of negotiations for the August games I would guess.

Any ideas that we were getting 18,000 for next week are tatties over the side.

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Any ideas that we were getting 18,000 for next week are tatties over the side.

Doubt we would sell out 18000 anyway, so don't need that.

Our last couple of European games that we had unrestricted crowds were 15k 

ROPS ROVANIEMI 14,377

CHIKHURA SACHKHERE 15,167

HNK RIJEKA 15,246

If we can get 15,000 that would be fantastic and enough. The questions is whether we need to limit the Main Stand again

19 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Doubt we would sell out 18000 anyway, so don't need that.

Our last couple of European games that we had unrestricted crowds were 15k 

ROPS ROVANIEMI 14,377

CHIKHURA SACHKHERE 15,167

HNK RIJEKA 15,246

If we can get 15,000 that would be fantastic and enough. The questions is whether we need to limit the Main Stand again

The Main Stand is closed yes.

I think for the first three or four matches when anyone can get a ticket that the attendances will be abnormally high.

The first one might be the Ross County match on the 28/29th.

29 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The Main Stand is closed yes.

I think for the first three or four matches when anyone can get a ticket that the attendances will be abnormally high.

The first one might be the Ross County match on the 28/29th.

Who knows, there will still be plenty that are cautious and prefer to stay away.

Watching the game live is so much better than on the Mac at home

13 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Who knows, there will still be plenty that are cautious and prefer to stay away.

Watching the game live is so much better than on the Mac at home

There will be those that prefer to stay away for sure but I'm sure we'll be surprised at how many fans come out of the woodwork when they have the chance of a ticket.

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

There will be those that prefer to stay away for sure but I'm sure we'll be surprised at how many fans come out of the woodwork when they have the chance of a ticket.

First chance to see the new manager, new players, attacking football, winning matches, nice weather and haven't been able to go for 18 months. Loads of us will come out of the woodwork for that.

• Like 1

Its outrageous that the SG are slopey shouldering this onto local councils. Now there will be the gripes about inconsistencies based on which clubs have the best relationships with their local councils. Imagine Rangers and Celtic being allowed full houses but Aberdeen City Council insisting on 6500 or whatever. Just allow the full crowds and be done with it. 

55 minutes ago, G31DON said:

There is no chance they are checking covid tests for 50,000 people before a match. So presumably everyone can just crack on from next week? 

Rangers and Celtic fans have never had to provide lateral flow tests for entry. Its only Aberdeen City Council who included that as part of their conditions. 

3 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Rangers and Celtic fans have never had to provide lateral flow tests for entry. Its only Aberdeen City Council who included that as part of their conditions. 

Was it a council condition or did the club go belts and braces and say to council that we'll insist on a LFT on day of game. Still insist on wearing masks even though your outside in the fresh air and we'll even ask for proof of ID.

Council come back and say, we'll that's more than we were going to recommend, but since you're offering, crack on.

That scenario wouldn't surprise me in the slightest from the club.