Coronavirus (Football Thread)

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

So football isn't being singled out. Glad we agree. 

As the stenny chairman says, those in charge have acknowledged that the reason for limiting football is the travel etc rather than the (outdoor) event itself. But the travel etc is the same for shopping at it is for football. Hard to see how that's not football being singled out.

5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

As the stenny chairman says, those in charge have acknowledged that the reason for limiting football is the travel etc rather than the (outdoor) event itself. But the travel etc is the same for shopping at it is for football. Hard to see how that's not football being singled out.

There's dat nuance 

7 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Well I've given two examples of other things facing the same restrictions...

Both Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby have missed out on bumper crowds in derby matches over the festive period. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

There's dat nuance 

That's not nuance. That's being wrong. 

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well I've given two examples of other things facing the same restrictions...

Both Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby have missed out on bumper crowds in derby matches over the festive period. 

That's not nuance. That's being wrong. 

It's wrong to say football is being treated differently than other sectors/businesses? How so? 

No limitations in shopping centres etc, that folk drive to. No need to prove inoculation. 

Im not even advocating for full houses here, but fuck me, 500?! 

Probably more people in the McDonalds in Glasgow City Centre on the 26th. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's wrong to say football is being treated differently than other sectors/businesses? How so? 

It's wrong to say it's being singled out/picked on. I've told you other things facing the exact same restrictions. 

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Im not here defending the current restrictions. Merely pointing out that anyone and everyone who is whinging that football is being singled out is completely and utterly wrong. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No limitations in shopping centres etc, that folk drive to. No need to prove inoculation. 

Probably more people in the McDonalds in Glasgow City Centre on the 26th. 

Aberdeen being able to house all 500 in one stand with social distancing just demonstrated how ridiculous the arbitrary 500 limit was. 

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's wrong to say it's being singled out/picked on. I've told you other things facing the exact same restrictions. 

Im not here defending the current restrictions. Merely pointing out that anyone and everyone who is whinging that football is being singled out is completely and utterly wrong. 

And I've told you other things that aren't. Gigs are indoors, and rugby is bordering an irrelevance. The reasoning for limiting football to 500 does add up with their reasoning for keeping shopping centres etc open. Why are culture (gigs) and sport (football and rugby) the first to get hit? 

People have good reason to feel that way, largely to due to legislation, the attitude of Police Scotland and a healthy suspicion of the middle class political elite that the SNP seem to attract. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

And I've told you other things that aren't. Gigs are indoors, and rugby is bordering an irrelevance.

Yeah. You've been wrong and you keep being wrong. You thinking something is an "irrelevance" is, ironically, irrelevant. 

The facts are these things are operating under the same restrictions and if you think football is being "singled out", then you're wrong. 

Yeah. You've been wrong and you keep being wrong. You thinking something is an "irrelevance" is, ironically, irrelevant. 

The facts are these things are operating under the same restrictions and if you think football is being "singled out", then you're wrong. 

It makes sense for gigs to be limited, they'll be inside, where it's more transmissible. Smaller venues won't see much difference, independent ones. 

Enforcing one blanket rule for different sectors with different infrastructures/stadia etc, will harm some of them disproportionately. In this case, football is being disproportionately harmed by the blanket rule only a moron could make. 

This would be clear to anyone who understood the importance of football in this country. Which the SNP either do, and wilfully ignore, or don't, and don't care to understand. 

I’ll wager this 500 nonsense ends the week before the 6 Nations starts in the first weekend of February. A figure incidentally that Jason Leitch basically admitted he clutched from up his arse. 

To have just 500 people inside Pittodrie when the scum are here is just plain fucking wrong, regardless of your politics.

Time to get the fuck on with it, as hospitalisation figures are broadly similar & the majority of those are unvaccinated.

If folk are double vaccinated & it’s outdoor, just stop controlling our lives unnecessarily and get on with life 

So football isn't being singled out. 

Exactly. 

It is if you consider the damage and the disproportion. 

Not that they would. 

It's all equal cause they said it's equal. 

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I doubt any rugby clubs apart from the 2 pro teams from Glasgow and Edinburgh are affected by the 500 fans rule. Football is disproportionately affected,  even if the rules are the same for every sport.

Common sense answer. 

14 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Someone posted a link to the official figures on here the other day.

I had a look at the official figures there, doesn't say on them the vaccination figures of those in the ICU. 

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Can't remember. Nobody was disputing the figures though, Reed or Deed was arguing they were skewed because a higher % of the vaccinated were elderly. 

Yeah. It was him. He posted deliberately misleading nonsense, as he always does. 

Referencing him as a source doesn't reflect well on you. 

13 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You sure about that?

Not the last I read.

Regardless, get the fuck on with life. 

Exactly this Covid crap is going to be here for a long time , there will be a couple of different variants every year. So will we just stop living every 6 months and every Christmas/new year don’t go out. 

Life goes on and we have to live with it 

• Upvote 1