Coronavirus (Football Thread)

7 minutes ago, Poodler said:

There was some political twisting by BoJo earlier with him saying 90% of people in ICU haven’t had the booster (the wording lead you to assume everyone was completely unvaccinated)

clever 

Later clarified as "anecdotal" comments from an ICU Dr he claims he spoke to. A proven liar talking shite. Whodda thunk it?!? 

7 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Didn’t get past me though and I reckon I’m smarter than parklife.

You might well be. You're hiding it well when you post those Sun links though. 

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

How on 28/12 (as an example) can you have 50,821 daily tests; of which 13,484 positive and 5,837 negative. What about the other 31 odd thousand tests?

There’s certainly a backlog from the 25th and 26th which carries over to 27th and 28th it would seem.

To get the 50k, it looks like they’ve added NHS lab tests with UK Gov tests. 

I took the table from the Scot gov tableau page, so not sure why they’ve added UK Gov Tests in there.

They also seem to update the figures daily as well, I guess as more data comes in.

spacer.png

Hearing all the big clubs with players Who have caught the bug is all very well, but what about the small teams?

The champions league is getting boring now, it's the same teams year after year. Time to go back to the old fashioned home and away one off game.so if real madrid and psg get drawn in round one, so be it. It would be far more exciting than the usual dross we get now.

30 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

Hearing all the big clubs with players Who have caught the bug is all very well, but what about the small teams?

The champions league is getting boring now, it's the same teams year after year. Time to go back to the old fashioned home and away one off game.so if real madrid and psg get drawn in round one, so be it. It would be far more exciting than the usual dross we get now.

They could have a champions league and a knock out 'open' cup rather than repeating the same tedious format across all 3 competitions. 

But it's seeded to the point of complete boredom just now so the bigger clubs get their guaranteed cash. And the links between the three competitions just make it even more tedious. 

1 hour ago, tightbreeks said:

Completely agree, it’s now insufferable watching the same teams battle it out year on year with the usual quarter finals being the same 8 as the year before.it’s incredibly dull now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-clubs-told-prepare-full-25866030  = Promising news on getting fans back in stadiums. Hopefully this is the case and remains on course.

And if not, clubs might play down south.  -https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8240286/scottish-premiership-clubs-considering-moving-games-england-fan-restrictions/

would be a bit of a trek for us though? so we might have to forget about that option. 

8 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-clubs-told-prepare-full-25866030  = Promising news on getting fans back in stadiums. Hopefully this is the case and remains on course.

And if not, clubs might play down south.  -https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8240286/scottish-premiership-clubs-considering-moving-games-england-fan-restrictions/

would be a bit of a trek for us though? so we might have to forget about that option. 

Aye, I can just see it now.

From Old Trafford, it’s Livingston v Ross County.

What a crock of shite whoever reported that. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, I can just see it now.

From Old Trafford, it’s Livingston v Ross County.

What a crock of shite whoever reported that. 

E18-FAAE9-F6-B1-47-C1-A35-E-F5-FAF0-EB72

On 1/2/2022 at 4:27 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

They could have a champions league and a knock out 'open' cup rather than repeating the same tedious format across all 3 competitions. 

But it's seeded to the point of complete boredom just now so the bigger clubs get their guaranteed cash. And the links between the three competitions just make it even more tedious. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:32 PM, Dons79 said:

Completely agree, it’s now insufferable watching the same teams battle it out year on year with the usual quarter finals being the same 8 as the year before.it’s incredibly dull now

Well the good news is that the champs league format is changing from 2024. No more 4 team groups. You won't like the new format though... 

Know what a Swiss system tournament is?

2 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Know what a Swiss system tournament is?

Bloody hell, had to look that up.

what a load of pish.

the competitions need to revert to classic knock out, no seeding, no drop-outs, best team wins. 
I appreciate it’s never going to happen but just makes you feel old when you reflect on the “good old days”