January 2021

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

2 in and 2 out in January, says DM in today’s papers.

Rod Stewart in and Cosgrove out.

Glenn Campbell in and Ojo out,

would be a great window.

Even with a fee and training compo to be paid, we’d still be £1.5m up

Surely Hernandez will be one of the 2 leaving?

Pretty much a stick on that the 2 DM reckons are leaving in January will be Cosgrove and Hernandez. I'll presume the story that we are getting our cash back for Hernandez is true so should give us somewhere in the region of £3.2 - £3.5M to see out the season with (plus a few add ons in the Cosgrove deal for the future).

Assuming Ferguson is then staying till summer, there's no great need to have Campbell join in January. Get him on a pre-contract and all we pay is the training fee Motherwell are due in summer...he's a tad older than when Ferguson joined so call it £300k. Ferguson getting sold might well finance this anyway but even if he ends up staying, £300k on Campbell should be considered an investment. On a 4 year deal, get 2 good seasons out him then cash in....I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to multiply our outlay by a minimum of 5 times, possibly nearer 10. 

Regarding the alleged £800k fee paid for Hernandez, given the fact that we all know, or think we know,  where he is going, won’t that fee just appear in and out of the balance sheet in some kind of creative fashion, so the chances of us seeing any of the fee are slim. The wages aye, but not the fee.

The point being, we never paid anything for him, he was simply here in a holding capacity until Atlanta freed up their foreign quota.

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Regarding the alleged £800k fee paid for Hernandez, given the fact that we all know, or think we know,  where he is going, won’t that fee just appear in and out of the balance sheet in some kind of creative fashion, so the chances of us seeing any of the fee are slim. The wages aye, but not the fee.

The point being, we never paid anything for him, he was simply here in a holding capacity until Atlanta freed up their foreign quota.

On the subject of Atlanta, I noticed Stephen Glass has been replaced as head coach by Gabriel Heinze (ex Man U left back). 
Not sure if he’s been kept on as coach/manager of Atlanta “B” team. He made an arse of the caretaker job & barely won a game.

I hope Dave Cormack has no thoughts of replacing McInnes with Stephen Glass in 12-18 months time.