January 2021

I'd be delighted to see us recoup the alleged 800k for Hernandez. Hopefully we can and therefore put that towards Campbell. Offload Ojo, Cosgrove and Hernandez this January.

Sign Stewart, extend Leigh and Watkins loan deals. Hopefully get Campbell, Gallagher and Findlay sign up on preseason contracts.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye. I think the melt downs would be worth it. Good start to 2021. £120k should do it.

Same agent as Derek so weve got a duty to help out. 

It certainly wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if he tried to get him. 

He loaned him twice and offered him a permanent contract when ended up at the Huns. 

I just never thought the boy's heart was in it at Aberdeen.  His demeanour here and in his spell at Killie were like chalk and cheese.  And he slowed play down too much in what is essentially a counter attacking team under Mcinnes. 

Saying that I think he'd enjoy playing in the 2 behind a striker in our current formation a lot more than he did wide on the right in the old 451.

9 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

I'd be delighted to see us recoup the alleged 800k for Hernandez. Hopefully we can and therefore put that towards Campbell. Offload Ojo, Cosgrove and Hernandez this January.

Sign Stewart, extend Leigh and Watkins loan deals. Hopefully get Campbell, Gallagher and Findlay sign up on preseason contracts.

The 800k was never ours in the first place. No chance we are spending big money on anyone. Especially after today's covid update, will be lucky to get any fans in at all this season. 

3 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

The Dundee Utd goalkeeper Siegrist would be good competition for Joe Lewis. He looked really good today against Hibs and also performed well against ourselves earlier in the season. His contract isn't out of contract until the end of next season. 

What’s wrong with Cerny for competition? Or Woods? Why would we need a 3rd No.2?

7 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

The Dundee Utd goalkeeper Siegrist would be good competition for Joe Lewis. He looked really good today against Hibs and also performed well against ourselves earlier in the season. His contract isn't out of contract until the end of next season. 

He’s far too good to be “competition”. 

He’s good enough to be seen as a direct replacement of Lewis was sold or left, but no chance he’d come to us to sit on the bench. 

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s far too good to be “competition”. 

He’s good enough to be seen as a direct replacement of Lewis was sold or left, but no chance he’d come to us to sit on the bench. 

Agreed, no point signing him unless he is being earmarked to replace Joe. We aren't at that stage yet. He is a fine keeper though. 

27 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Aberdeen have 'named their price' for Sam Cosgrove, who was linked with Newcastle United a few weeks ago - close to the £7m agreed in the summer with French side Guingamp (Evening Express)

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-in-2021-is-january-the-time-for-aberdeen-to-cash-in-on-sam-cosgrove/

yet in this article it was 2.7 million! 

1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

Gary Mackay Steven is a free agent. Would he be worth resigning for our current side. Possibly replacement for Niall McGinn?

Short answer: no.

McInnes' answer: we've moved to secure Gary ahead of a number of other clubs . I enjoyed working with Gary and he enjoyed working with us.

2 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Gary Mackay Steven is a free agent. Would he be worth resigning for our current side. Possibly replacement for Niall McGinn?

We'll wait to see if Hibs show an interest.

If they do (and they might).....we will swoop in at the last minute, bung him £300/week more and he'll be swimming in ice cold west end Weegie rivers again before you know it

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hmmm, not sure that would suit him

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him back in the SPFL though. 
Hibs? Dundee Utd again possibly. 

I think he could do a job there. 

Hedges was a left winger before he came to us and he's thriving in that role. 

The question with Gary isn't his talent, it's whether you're going to get value for money over the length of his contract. 

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think he could do a job there. 

Hedges was a left winger before he came to us and he's thriving in that role. 

The question with Gary isn't his talent, it's whether you're going to get value for money over the length of his contract. 

Aye fair enough.

Quite injury prone and we have enough of them on the books. 
I’d pass.