January 2021

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think that’s pushing it a bit.

How much will we get for a 5th choice right wing back (albeit Venezuelan international)

Big Sam’s valuation also regressing... if Main gets in ahead of him, it says it all.

We’re recouping our fee for Ronnie, whatever that was.

Probably some dodgy money laundering going on with Atlanta.

In all seriousness, we’ll probably never know the real story surrounding Ronnie. Will be forever shrouded in mystery, like Zoltan Varga. 

53 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Why? Campbell is out of contract in summer. Yes he will cost us a training fee that would be pretty similar to what Ferguson cost. 

But we will be selling both Ferguson and Cosgrove at some point in the next 8 months. Possibly in the next 8 weeks. Bringing in £2.5 million for Ferguson and replacing him with someone who costs about a tenth of that is a no brainer. That fee will also cover McCrorie's transfer fee and Hayes' one year wage deferral and a couple of months wages for the club on top. 

If we are looking for 2.5m for Ferguson we might as well let the club go to wall. If someone was willing to spend 2-2.5m on cosgrove and 3m for Mckenna it should be double that for Ferguson minimum with clauses ontop! 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

If we are looking for 2.5m for Ferguson we might as well let the club go to wall. If someone was willing to spend 2-2.5m on cosgrove and 3m for Mckenna it should be double that for Ferguson minimum with clauses ontop! 

I think the point was selling our assets for multiple million and replacing them with players who have potential for a few hundred grand, then repeat.

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Why? Campbell is out of contract in summer. Yes he will cost us a training fee that would be pretty similar to what Ferguson cost. 

But we will be selling both Ferguson and Cosgrove at some point in the next 8 months. Possibly in the next 8 weeks. Bringing in £2.5 million for Ferguson and replacing him with someone who costs about a tenth of that is a no brainer. That fee will also cover McCrorie's transfer fee and Hayes' one year wage deferral and a couple of months wages for the club on top. 

Just going on assumption that Campbell & McCrorie combined fees would be £0.5m+ most likely so unless we do sell at least two players (Hernandez being one but that cash will not be reused imo) then slim chance we will spend other that what has been agreed for McCrorie.

If we recoup the fee we supposedly spent on Hernandez, we should have some money to play with in January. Sell cosgrove to Newcastle for 3 million and use that to cover the losses for the remainder of the season. Id attempt to sign Campbell and Stewart in January and make Watkins a permanent signing. I really want to see us improve in the centre back positions. We have a decent side but we have a chance to improve upon the likes of Main, Ojo, Taylor, Devlin and Cosgrove.

1 hour ago, CalgaryDon said:

If we recoup the fee we supposedly spent on Hernandez, we should have some money to play with in January. Sell cosgrove to Newcastle for 3 million and use that to cover the losses for the remainder of the season. Id attempt to sign Campbell and Stewart in January and make Watkins a permanent signing. I really want to see us improve in the centre back positions. We have a decent side but we have a chance to improve upon the likes of Main, Ojo, Taylor, Devlin and Cosgrove.

I doubt we will be paying transfer fees in January even if we do sell anyone. I'd imagine Motherwell would ask too much for Campbell for us to bring him in immediately.....they know that if he leaves in the summer under F.O.C. they are due his training fee anyway...which will be broadly the same as what we paid for Ferguson, maybe a touch more as Campbell is a bit older. With that money guaranteed, I'd think 'Well would see him being more important to them than getting an extra £150-200k on top for letting him go 6 months early

Stewart  might be more attainable in January  (although again they might view him as being more important to their relegation fight than bringing in £100k or so for him) and obviously if Cosgrove leaves there would need to be  a replacement brought in. But it would be mighty underwhelming if that replacement was Stewart. I've no problem with him being the replacement for Main in the summer though. But I'd want someone a good bit better as a Cosgrove replacement

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I doubt we will be paying transfer fees in January even if we do sell anyone. I'd imagine Motherwell would ask too much for Campbell for us to bring him in immediately.....they know that if he leaves in the summer under F.O.C. they are due his training fee anyway...which will be broadly the same as what we paid for Ferguson, maybe a touch more as Campbell is a bit older. With that money guaranteed, I'd think 'Well would see him being more important to them than getting an extra £150-200k on top for letting him go 6 months early

Stewart  might be more attainable in January  (although again they might view him as being more important to their relegation fight than bringing in £100k or so for him) and obviously if Cosgrove leaves there would need to be  a replacement brought in. But it would be mighty underwhelming if that replacement was Stewart. I've no problem with him being the replacement for Main in the summer though. But I'd want someone a good bit better as a Cosgrove replacement

Stewart will be the Cosgrove replacement, Main will get a 1 year extension, I reckon. 

Guest findlay_1903
7 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

I’d be amazed if Newcastle spent 3 million on a 1 season wonder in the spfl. 

14 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

I’d be amazed if Newcastle spent 3 million on a 1 season wonder in the spfl. 

He's scored 20 plus goals for the past two seasons. 

29 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Stewart will be the Cosgrove replacement, Main will get a 1 year extension, I reckon. 

I just can't see it happening. He's not featured much and he's been a poor signing overall. Taylor is the only one I can see getting a 1 year deal.

22 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

He's scored 20 plus goals for the past two seasons. 

I just can't see it happening. He's not featured much and he's been a poor signing overall. Taylor is the only one I can see getting a 1 year deal.

He was playing ahead of Cosgrove before the pandemic. Handed his second start this season and scored 2. He's a good squad player and will be kept as such, I would imagine. 

Taylor looked steady early on in the season, as of late however, has looked his usual nervous and irrational self. Remarkable he's made a decent career for himself with his limited ability. 

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He was playing ahead of Cosgrove before the pandemic. Handed his second start this season and scored 2. He's a good squad player and will be kept as such, I would imagine. 

Taylor looked steady early on in the season, as of late however, has looked his usual nervous and irrational self. Remarkable he's made a decent career for himself with his limited ability. 

Taylor had his usual brain MT at start of second half v County which could easily have had the score at 1-1 if not for good fortune/luck on our part. Totally lost his man. 
Boy is a complete liability 

57 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He really isn't. He's awful and needs to leave. You want us to be ambitious, yet accept us having players of main's standard in the squad?!

8 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

He really isn't. He's awful and needs to leave. You want us to be ambitious, yet accept us having players of main's standard in the squad?!

Main as a 3rd choice striker at SPL level is totally acceptable. 

If he was touted as our starting forward indefinitely, then I'd be worried. He's used as a Bit part player and scored a couple goals against County. Nothing wrong with having someone like him in as a squad player. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Taylor had his usual brain MT at start of second half v County which could easily have had the score at 1-1 if not for good fortune/luck on our part. Totally lost his man. 
Boy is a complete liability 

Yeah. Not got a brain on him at all. 

Just now, Tord31 said:

Stewart, Watkins and Main would be worrying as not carrying a significant goal threat in the squad. 

I don't disagree with that. You can't have all 3, but Watkins might not come back. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't disagree with that. You can't have all 3, but Watkins might not come back. 

I'm be wanting four strikers again like we have right now; Cosgrove/Main/Edmondson/Watkins

I'd assume Anderson would still be in the mix if we hadn't needed to get Watkins.

Ruth could of course be one of the four. As could Anderson yet but it's looking like the end of the road for him.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm be wanting four strikers again like we have right now; Cosgrove/Main/Edmondson/Watkins

I'd assume Anderson would still be in the mix if we hadn't needed to get Watkins.

Ruth could of course be one of the four. As could Anderson yet but it's looking like the end of the road for him.

Fuck knows. Just don't think Main is a bad squad option. 

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Bruce Anderson is a League One player.

Time to move on from him 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Main as a 3rd choice striker at SPL level is totally acceptable. 

If he was touted as our starting forward indefinitely, then I'd be worried. He's used as a Bit part player and scored a couple goals against County. Nothing wrong with having someone like him in as a squad player. 

I'd be looking for better in my 3rd choice striker. He's a terrible player. 

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bruce Anderson is a League One player.

Time to move on from him 

It looks bad for him.

He's proving McInnes right and many on here wrong. 3 goals so far this season all at the start of the season where his fitness and match fitness would have given him the edge on the other players. He's stopped scoring and now fallen out of the team. As he's played for us already this season then he can only play for Ayr or Aberdeen for the remainder of the season unfortunately. So it's bad times for him.

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It looks bad for him.

He's proving McInnes right and many on here wrong. 3 goals so far this season all at the start of the season where his fitness and match fitness would have given him the edge on the other players. He's stopped scoring and now fallen out of the team. As he's played for us already this season then he can only play for Ayr or Aberdeen for the remainder of the season unfortunately. So it's bad times for him.

The Balmoral Stadium & Cove SEVCO awaits. 

28 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I'd be looking for better in my 3rd choice striker. He's a terrible player. 

I don't think he's amazing, certainly not terrible, though. Has his uses in certain situations. For example, he'll always give 100% which is more than we can guarantee from Sam. Was crucial to us winning the game on Saturday, because we hardly created many chances. He had 2 chances and put them both away.