Ebbe Skovdahl

49 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

RIP Ebbe. A victory against Tims on Sunday would be a fitting tribute.

A scottish Cup would be a fitting tribute complete with players doing the sit-down caterpillar goal celebration, but a win on Sunday’s a good start. 

I’ll always remember the likes of McNaughton coming thru during his time and guys like Bisconti. And him saying we had our own Michael Owen in Darren Mackie - height/weight/speed/book reading ability he was bang on.

2 hours ago, Cults_Sheep said:

From Richard Gordon’s ‘Tales From The Dugout’:

“Referee Kenny Clark, when he was fourth official as the Dons were being routed by Motherwell,

“Ebbe turns to me and says, ‘I want to make a substitution’. I remind him I need the numbers of the players going on and coming off so that I can input them into my electronic board. He returns with the sheet, but it’s only got the number of the player he wants to put on. I tell him I need to know who he wants subbed off, and he replies, ‘You pick. They’re all pish’.”

Beauty. ?

He didn't half have a wonderful way with words.

RIP Ebbe x

23 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Im sure I remember Skovdahl tried to sign McInnes when he was manager

Yep, I remember that too.

Enquired about Iain Ferguson (the uber hun one) until someone told him not to be daft.

RIP Ebbe, although we were pish there were some mental times following the side.. Bohemians away, games at Almondvale with 7/8ths of the crowd in Red, "give us a wave" etc.