Ebbe Skovdahl

14 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

As opposed to not contemplating how far he could potentially take us, accepting instead where we “should be” in some establishment order Within a league structure that’s nothing but an artifice of soup takers.

He was a nice guy but was pretty hopeless as a manager for us. Not his fault though it was that rat Stewart Milne to blame mostly as he was probably brought to the club under false pretense after he left Brondby. That Aberdeen team of the 1999/2000 season was horrific nightmare stuff! An utterly disgraceful period in the clubs proud history.

9 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

He was a nice guy but was pretty hopeless as a manager for us. Not his fault though it was that rat Stewart Milne to blame mostly as he was probably brought to the club under false pretense after he left Brondby. That Aberdeen team of the 1999/2000 season was horrific nightmare stuff! An utterly disgraceful period in the clubs proud history.

Not disagreeing it was a terrible time, it was, however the few years prior to and after Ebbe left were even worse and let's not even get started on McGhee

• Upvote 1
On 10/24/2020 at 9:01 AM, Andy_123 said:

Kjaer and Anderson (at CB) the only 2 there is take I think. Maybe Dadi as well if we needed someone to try something different off the bench. 

I remember thinking Bisconti was a decent enough player at the time, but I was young and nowadays reckon I was probably wrong. Was he any use?

Anyway RIP Ebbe. My first real memories of going to Dons games were while he was in charge. The Celtic game with the snowballs, the 2 cup finals, the corner routines. I enjoyed going to games then, even though we weren’t very good.

I thought Bisconti was a class act.

The semis were good, both finals were pish.

Snowball game against the tims one of my favourite games at Pittodrie 

RIP Ebbe ❤️

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

I thought Bisconti was a class act.

The semis were good, both finals were pish.

Snowball game against the tims one of my favourite games at Pittodrie 

RIP Ebbe ❤️

Yep,saw most of the glory years,but that game was up there.What a laugh with the snowballs,though I cant seem to find that part of the game on Youtube.

Saw news about Ebbe.Never a dull moment 

1 hour ago, Laichomoray said:

Yep,saw most of the glory years,but that game was up there.What a laugh with the snowballs,though I cant seem to find that part of the game on Youtube.

Saw news about Ebbe.Never a dull moment 

Sneaked them into the ground in cool boxes according to the Sunday mail ?

Aye never mind the snow lying all over the south stand. Thick cunts

Town was bouncing that night 

19 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Alex Miller, Pele and McGhee eras were easily worse times. 

League wise Ebbe first season was the worst football I've ever seen by any Aberdeen team. It was unbelievable how bad we were. Plus that league Cup final performance has to be the lowest we've ever produced at hampden. 

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
30 minutes ago, DodgyKeeper said:

Yeah saw that, I went to every game that season including the pre season friendlies in England and Europe which I deserve a medal for as we were so catastrophically pish

I still love the guy also which Is completely inexplicable 

former referee Kenny Clark speaks of a time when he was fourth official for an Aberdeen-Motherwell match at Pittodrie. The Dons were being well-beaten and Skovdahl wanted to make a substitution.

"I remind him that I need the sheet of paper with the numbers of the players going on and coming off so that I can input them into my electronic board," Clark said in the book.

"He goes back into the dugout, then returns with the sheet but it's only got the number of the player he wants to put on.

"I tell him I need to know who he wants subbed off and he replies, 'You pick. They're all pish!'"

• Haha 1