Andy Considine

1 minute ago, minijc said:

It shows how far the club has fallen, the love in for him over the last 5 years has been embarrassing, constantly cost us in games, there was a run of semi finals and finals where he sold the shirt massively as well.

Yeah. Shit getting to semi finals.

Thank fk we didn’t have to worry about Considine costing us another semi

Giving Devlin multiple contract extensions, looking to pay a fee for Dunne, but releasing Considine doesn’t seem like the most sensible business we could be doing.

Unless his knee is totally fucked, he’s a better CH than those 2 even at 35. And given how the season has gone, not too hard to argue he’s better than Bates and Gallagher too.

Good luck to him if he is going though. 

4 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Devlin surely must be a SFA insurance job.

Considine has been a good servant and he has/had his limitations but lets be honest, if he was as good as we all wanted him to be, he'd have left in his mid 20's for an English team and be financially set for life.

If he was offered a new contract, I'd be happy for him to stay however if he leaves, he leaves.

That's Ivan Drago's view on the situation. 

• Haha 2

Devlin surely must be a SFA insurance job.

Considine has been a good servant and he has/had his limitations but lets be honest, if he was as good as we all wanted him to be, he'd have left in his mid 20's for an English team and be financially set for life.

If he was offered a new contract, I'd be happy for him to stay however if he leaves, he leaves.

• Upvote 1

Andy Considine to get a job with the background staff, non playing role.
 The same as Russel Anderson then move on to different options.

The appearances was a goal for Considine to become in the top three all time games total for the Dons player.
He felt fit and ready to be a main stay in the team.
He wasn't guaranteed this, talks broke down 

8 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

The appearances was a goal for Considine to become in the top three all time games total for the Dons player.

I dont' believe that. Andy has been in the game long enough to know a guarantee as such is unrealistic. It will be down to money. 

27 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

More likely Cove 

A wee bit of perspective. 

Considine has been a good servant,  but has had limitations for some time.

First half against Copenhagen in Europe back in day he got ripped a new one.

Despite scoring twice in semi final against QOS he was part of defence that got ran ragged.

In 2017 Cup final he was towing a caravan when Tims scored late winner.

Bottom line is Andy is decent but has no great pace, which is important in a modern day defender unless you have the first class positioning sense of a Willie Miller.

At 35 his lack of pace is only going to get further exposed,  guaranteed. 

Harsh, but correct decision. 

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

This is my biggest concern at the moment, the rumoured quality of replacements being lined up

My concern is that St Mirren have the fourth worst goals against stat in the league, and he wants to sign their keeper and CH. Admittedly ours isn't much better, but we should be looking at better players than this.

• Upvote 2
Just now, anderson72 said:

Considine  has been brilliant for the club.

Placed at left back when he was Centre Back, lacking in pace but making it up with passion.
Scored a lot of goals for a defender.

Sorry to see him go, but understand why.
Not nice either way

In all honesty with shit like Jet on the books. Play him as 4th option striker 

1 hour ago, brownie said:

It's not a club not a charity. He's earned a decent coin over the years. You can't be holding the club to ransom when you're 35 and have just come back from a serious injury.

My source says he asked for 3year deal as highest earner & a buttery but Cormack told him to fk off as it’s a rowie ?

Talk about nit picking 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Love Consi but it shows you how shite our defence is when some folk are getting so upset about a 35 year old who's been out for a season not being given a new contract. 

Hopefully goes out there and proves himself as a coach somewhere and has a good future in the game. 

It also shows that a lot of our fans are clueless and weird when they pine over a 35 year old who has mostly been average in his 18 years at the club.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

It also shows that a lot of our fans are clueless and weird when they pine over a 35 year old who has mostly been average in his 18 years at the club.

I don t think it's that. I think folk like the one club thing and hoped he'd get another year then retire to be a coach at the club.

Nothing wrong with wanting a happy ending.  Just football doesn't often work like that. 

Guest findlay_1903

No time for sentiment with jim goodwin’s charge for 3rd place. Thanks for the memories andrew considine. Let’s move on, next!

Some of the reaction on social media to this news has been so OTT  it's quite comical.  Folk saying it's a disgrace, they're never going back etc.  I know FB, twitter etc brings out these types and not to take it too seriously but really people need to get some perspective.  

I like Consi but he was hardly Miller or McLeish.  He's been a good servant and had a testimonial, now he's 35 and his contract is up and the new boss wants to try something different. Hardly the most shocking decision or the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/04/06/andy-considine-update/

God knows what his agent was smoking before making that counter offer

Why?

6 figure guaranteed sum could be a 2k a week offer.

if Consi is on between 3-4K currently then his agent just asked for a similar wage as currently albeit for 2 years not 1.

All this is getting tiresome with the spin doctoring of the Cormack empire 

could be wrong and he was offered 3-4K and asked for 6-7k but doesn’t strike me as logical.