Andy Considine

Considine and his agent have tried to pull a fast one. Its backfired massively. More so for Considine as the end of his career has ended on a sour note. 35 years old, just back from an injury and trying to hold the club to ransom. Horrible behaviour.

Credit to Goodwin though. Balls on him.

Abody calling him greedy when they don’t know the exact finances at play here. The wording is clever…

50% increase on the offer that was made, could mean they offered 2k and he asked for 3k a week…now if he’s on anything over 3k a week currently then he was still happy to take a paycut maybe just not to the levels originally requested.

Everybody negotiates contracts in work life, if you don’t you are an idiot, and if you ask for a number and get it, that’s not greedy that’s bloody clever! 

Having the information leaked is naughty, the contract negotiations are not, and for Cormack FC to detail this how they have is essentially bad on them too. Does Dave just expect players to accept the first offer to play under his umbrella? He probably does!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

After being out injured most the season and at 35 year old, 100k seems very good offer, as well as view to coaching route.  Wouldn't think he'll get that anywhere else.

Liking Goodwin's response, doesn't seem to hold back just says what he's thinking.

Makes me wonder who AFC leak is.  Remember Mcinnes used to make signings almost out the blue.  Mr reliable, Scott Burns must have something over someone at club.  Usually reported by him. 

I've a feeling Goodwin will know the leak and we may hear less in future. 

15 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

The discussions shouldn’t be leaked and if that’s consi’s camp that’s naughty, however the offers made could have been a significant pay cut (which may or may not be warranted with your opinion of the player) - hence the counter offer was made which in itself may have been unrealistic (knowing from the first offer that any deal was unlikely), plus who wants to take a pay cut if they can avoid it? Got to negotiate at least.

Sad way for it to end but the club statement is worded cleverly, and enough so that 70% of the muppets on here don’t read between the lines and think he was asking for ridiculous sums of money which he may not have been really. 

If he’s been offered a six figure salary, at 35, for a footballer, that seems reasonable to me.

And footballers are different to most other employees in that at 35 their earning potential is on the wane, as opposed to an office worker of 35 for example. 

A 2 year deal was unrealistic.

The club have made the right decision. 

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

With the way out club is currently being run i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the leak has come from someone within the club and not anything fo do with Considine or his agent. The statement today will be to try and cover up their own incompetence and pass the buck on to someone else.

Sad thing is many people on here seem to have swallowed the club line without question. Some of the comments about a man who's dedicated his life to the club are disgusting.

Dedicated his life to the club? He’s been paid handsomely for it and he’d never get a better club than us. He’s the lucky one. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, anderson72 said:

Andy Considine to get a job with the background staff, non playing role.
 The same as Russel Anderson then move on to different options.

The appearances was a goal for Considine to become in the top three all time games total for the Dons player.
He felt fit and ready to be a main stay in the team.
He wasn't guaranteed this, talks broke down 

“Andy’s agent on 23rd March sent in a counter-offer which was over 50% more than our offer in guaranteed wages, and for a two-year contract.

“During my confidential talks with Andy we discussed the parties being too far apart financially and the reality is that I cannot guarantee him playing time next season. Ultimately, and understandably Andy wants to play.

Just what I said

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Whole statement is open to interpretation.

If he asked for 50% more over 2 years instead of 1 it would actually be less oer week? Ie 2k a week over 1 year = 104k, x 150% is 156k over 2 years which works out at £1500 a week.

Yeah good point, nobody here knows the exact numbers 

With the way out club is currently being run i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the leak has come from someone within the club and not anything fo do with Considine or his agent. The statement today will be to try and cover up their own incompetence and pass the buck on to someone else.

Sad thing is many people on here seem to have swallowed the club line without question. Some of the comments about a man who's dedicated his life to the club are disgusting.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Some of the comments about a man who's dedicated his life to the club are disgusting.

Behave. "Dedicated his life" he has been PAID to play for us, he didn't play for free ??  also if he wasn't a greedy cunt he would have signed the deal and still be here. It was his choice, not the fans. 

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Dedicated his life to the club? He hasn't been playing for free. He's been paid handsomely throughout and had a testimonial. He was then offered a route into a coaching career within the club.

14 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

I have a feeling Goodwin will be regretting taking over at Drama FC. 

I have a feeling that Goodwin but more especially AFC will live to regret putting out that statement which wouldn't look out of place coming from those of the unwashed variety.

They could have just let this lie. Nobody needs to know these facts or figures and irrespective of anyone's football views, they could have just taken a moral high stance rather than hanging a long-serving player out to dry like this.

I think it is a wholly unprofessional statement and is typical of the way our club is being run right now.  Cormack should learn to use his ears and mouth in the correct proportion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
Just now, The Hulk said:

I have a feeling that Goodwin but more especially AFC will live to regret putting out that statement which wouldn't look out of place coming form those of the unwashed variety.

They could have just let this lie. Nobody needs to know these facts or figures and irrespective of anyone's football views, they could have just taken a moral high stance rather than hanging a long-serving player out to dry like this.

I think it is a wholly unprofessional statement and is typical of the way our club is being run right now.  Cormack should learn to use his ears and mouth in the correct proportion.

As always, a sensible take on things 

6 hours ago, beef_sister said:

So you know nothing about whats happening but can still concoct some fabrication that sounds delusional ?

No wonder very little people take what you say on here seriously after reading that pish

Do folk take what you say on here seriously? Is that how it’s meant to work?

That doesn’t sound like much fun at all

3 minutes ago, brownie said:

Dedicated his life to the club? He hasn't been playing for free. He's been paid handsomely throughout and had a testimonial. He was then offered a route into a coaching career within the club.

Its his job... of course he's going to be paid for it.

Whether you think he's dedicated his life to the club or not... its still sad that so many people have jumped on his back without having any idea of the true story. Our club is a mess and i wouldn't currently trust a word that comes out of Pittodrie, yet people are happy to take their side and assume the leak has come from Considine or his agent.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I have a feeling that Goodwin but more especially AFC will live to regret putting out that statement which wouldn't look out of place coming from those of the unwashed variety.

Ach, normally I’d agree but the club have taken a battering for long enough for this sort of shite. Fine to see them stand up for themselves. 

• Upvote 1

Considine - an unspectacular, workmanlike player who has been loyal for a reason. That reason being the only way would have been down for him e.g. Motherwell or St Johnstone etc. No world beater.

He's done well for himself and had a decent wage for a long time.

Not massively upset that his time at AFC has come to an end to be honest.

10 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Its his job... of course he's going to be paid for it.

Whether you think he's dedicated his life to the club or not... its still sad that so many people have jumped on his back without having any idea of the true story. Our club is a mess and i wouldn't currently trust a word that comes out of Pittodrie, yet people are happy to take their side and assume the leak has come from Considine or his agent.

We've just established that he hasn't dedicated his life to the club.

It's a job and he's been handsomely rewarded throughout and had a path to continue receiving a salary well after his playing career had finished. There was an offer and that's been pulled. You can point the finger at the club but in reality his agent has looked to squeeze the club by leaking to the press.

It's done. Hopefully he gets a chance to have a send off and earn two years playing salary elsewhere.