Andy Considine

1 minute ago, brownie said:

We've just established that he hasn't dedicated his life to the club.

It's a job and he's been handsomely rewarded throughout and had a path to continue receiving a salary well after his playing career had finished. There was an offer and that's been pulled. You can point the finger at the club but in reality his agent has looked to squeeze the club by leaking to the press.

It's done. Hopefully he gets a chance to have a send off and earn two years playing salary elsewhere.

I still think he's dedicated his life to the club. Personally i've been in my job with the same company for 20 years, had opportunities to leave but they've been a good fit for me and i've been a good fit for them. I would say i've dedicated a big chunk of my life to them and they'll have made a lot more money out of me than i have through them. Same with Considine, yes he's been paid handsomely but the club won't have been losing money from paying him his wages. Its not as if they've just been paying him out of the goodness of their hearts.

And... i still don't know why anyone would be convinced it was him or his agent that leaked this. Mainstandmoan mentioned this in the Rumour Mill yesterday before it was mentioned in the press and i'd highly doubt Considine or his agent are his ITK 'source'.

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ach, normally I’d agree but the club have taken a battering for long enough for this sort of shite. Fine to see them stand up for themselves. 

I get this 100%. And to a large extent yes, it is good to see the club standing up for itself.

But talk is cheap. And Cormack has lots of it.

Hopefully these tactics start and end here, and Cormack learns fast from his failures.

We have not improved as a team since Goodwin has taken over, and with such a large clearout, he will live and die by his recruitment this summer.

12 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Doesn't matter who the leak has come from does it?

The thing it comes down to is that Andy had an offer and rejected it. Its Andys choice. So I don't see why abuse towards the club/ defending considine is happening. 

Because the club is a shambles and i don't understand why anyone would believe a word that comes out of Cormack or any of his lackies (including Goodwin's) mouths.

37 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I have a feeling that Goodwin but more especially AFC will live to regret putting out that statement which wouldn't look out of place coming from those of the unwashed variety.

They could have just let this lie. Nobody needs to know these facts or figures and irrespective of anyone's football views, they could have just taken a moral high stance rather than hanging a long-serving player out to dry like this.

I think it is a wholly unprofessional statement and is typical of the way our club is being run right now.  Cormack should learn to use his ears and mouth in the correct proportion.

Completely agree

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

So if is a lie we can expect a statement from Considine then saying that? I fucking doubt it. 

I hope not.. i would hope he'll be more classy about it. Besides they didn't actually come out and say the leak came from him or his agent. It was worded carefully to insinuate it without actually making a full on accusation.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I hope not.. i would hope he'll be more classy about it. Besides they didn't actually come out and say the leak came from him or his agent. It was worded carefully to insinuate it without actually making a full on accusation.

Weird slamming the club/defending Considine until he does then? Because as it stands the club have played their hand and said that player/agent being greedy. 

27 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ach, normally I’d agree but the club have taken a battering for long enough for this sort of shite. Fine to see them stand up for themselves. 

Agreed. People complain when the club come across as soft touches then as soon as the club say fuck this we'll stand up for ourselves here and say it how it is people still complain. Goodwin isn't fucking about and that's exactly what we need as a club right now. Considine has been a loyal servant no doubt but let's be brutally honest here if he was good enough he'd have left AFC a long time ago for higher wages elsewhere. AFC was the highest level he was going to go so with him being local it was the ideal scenario for him to forge a long career here. 

People need to let Goodwin get on with the job in his way. He's no nonsense and won't fuck about he showed that with how he dealt with Brown and I for one am very happy we've got him in the dugout. I'm very confident we will be a far better outfit next season compared to this seasons utter shambles under Glass. He needs time to bring his own players in and get the existing players we have that he's going to keep up to speed with his methods and demands.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Agreed. People complain when the club come across as soft touches then as soon as the club say fuck this we'll stand up for ourselves here and say it how it is people still complain. Goodwin isn't fucking about and that's exactly what we need as a club right now. Considine has been a loyal servant no doubt but let's be brutally honest here if he was good enough he'd have left AFC a long time ago for higher wages elsewhere. AFC was the highest level he was going to go so with him being local it was the ideal scenario for him to forge a long career here. 

People need to let Goodwin get on with the job in his way. He's no nonsense and won't fuck about he showed that with how he dealt with Brown and I for one am very happy we've got him in the dugout. I'm very confident we will be a far better outfit next season compared to this seasons utter shambles under Glass. He needs time to bring his own players in and get the existing players we have that he's going to keep up to speed with his methods and demands.

Well said.

6 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Weird slamming the club/defending Considine until he does then? Because as it stands the club have played their hand and said that player/agent being greedy. 

But without knowing the truth nobody will know whether they were being greedy or not.

As has been pointed out he could have been on £4k they've offered £2k and his agent has come in with a counter offer of 50% more £3k. Is that being greedy taking a £50k a year pay cut.

Nobody knows. Its been worded very cleverly.

I kinda hope if that is the case Considine does come out and explains it and exposes the hierarchy of the club for the shambles they are, but i don't think after 18 years of loyalty to the club he loves he would sink that low. Don't think i could say the same about Cormack and his minions.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

But without knowing the truth nobody will know whether they were being greedy or not.

As has been pointed out he could have been on £4k they've offered £2k and his agent has come in with a counter offer of 50% more £3k. Is that being greedy taking a £50k a year pay cut.

Yes. Totally. Being previously overpaid doesn't negate him being delusional/greedy now. 

He's 35 & coming off having a fucking knee. If he was expecting anything other than a 1 year deal and a pay-cut then he was only kidding himself on. 

I'm not sure there will  be another player to chalk up 20 years service with us ever again.

Regardless of what seems like the agent getting greedy (i really don't think he would have done so without Considine's express consent to do so).......I'd just far rather the club had made a statement along the lines of......."After reviewing his squad needs for next season and beyond, Jim Goodwin has decided not to offer Andy a new contract. He will always be a legend to everyone at AFC and along with thanking him for his 2 decades of service, we wish him every success in his future career"

It now looks like his departure will be under a massive cloud. Hopefully he will get to play a final match at Pittodrie before the season ends to say goodbye to the support but I'm not convinced he will now

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Nobody knows. Its been worded very cleverly.

I kinda hope if that is the case Considine does come out and explains it and exposes the hierarchy of the club for the shambles they are, but i don't think after 18 years of loyalty to the club he loves he would sink that low. Don't think i could say the same about Cormack and his minions.

I understand your doubts about Cormack etc However, I don't think I can name 1 player who had x amount on their contract aged 33, had a year out injured and have then been offered x/x+  for their next contract aged 35?

Goodwin's statement seems very balanced to me.

Andy's agent has fucked up here.

At 35 on the back of a season out injured £100k per year minimum is a good wage for a player who is likely to be used sparingly next season + being given assistance to progress towards a post playing career.

Imagine being paid that wage in the real world for doing less than normally expected + getting trained for your next potential job at the same time.

With the current cost of living crisis players/agents (delete as appropriate) should waken up and smell the coffee!!!!

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yes. Totally. Being previously overpaid doesn't negate him being delusional/greedy now. 

He's 35 & coming off having a fucking knee. If he was expecting anything other than a 1 year deal and a pay-cut then he was only kidding himself on. 

So when your close to retiring from your job you'd be happy and grateful to take a 50% pay cut to do the same job you'd have been doing for the previous 18 years... in fact potentially a lot more work if taking on coaching also?

43 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I get this 100%. And to a large extent yes, it is good to see the club standing up for itself.

But talk is cheap. And Cormack has lots of it.

Hopefully these tactics start and end here, and Cormack learns fast from his failures.

We have not improved as a team since Goodwin has taken over, and with such a large clearout, he will live and die by his recruitment this summer.

How can they improve when they have the same underperforming premadonas running around performing the same crap.   Things won’t change until Goodwin gets his way and what signings he has in mind , and don’t go spouting off about we have not improved since Goodwin has taken over.  One other thing we have improved we have a manager that looks and speaks like a manager and isn’t afraid to say it as it is, and not one who looks and speaks like Minnie Mouse. 

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So when your close to retiring from your job you'd be happy and grateful to take a 50% pay cut to do the same job you'd have been doing for the previous 18 years... in fact potentially a lot more work if taking on coaching also?

The coaching bit works both ways though at this stage. 

Andy gets a club to be able to complete his professional licence and the club gets to utilise him for coaching. 

8 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I understand your doubts about Cormack etc However, I don't think I can name 1 player who had x amount on their contract aged 33, had a year out injured and have then been offered x/x+  for their next contract aged 35?

Absolutely, i dont doubt that. However at the end of the day its a job and you negotiate when you're being offered a new contract and new wage. Its only being greedy if he was demanding substantially more money than he was previously on which i highly doubt.

Just now, Parklife said:

No. That's not true at all. 

Without knowing the truth nobody will know whether they were being greedy or not. If he was asking for more than he's currently on then he's being greedy... if he's asked for the same as he's currently on then he's just trying his hand but thats not greedy... if he's asked for less than he's currently on then its definitely not greedy.