Andy Considine

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The club said he was offered a six figure annual salary, agent wanted over half again.

A no brainier.

Sounds a lot but that could be just a little over £2k a week & he wanted £3k which (other than the young players) most will be on at least 

Likes of McLennan,Kennedy, JET etc. & loads of other shite will all be on ‘6 figure deals’ a year. Just ask Mini.

We've paid journeymen and ex Huns and Celtic players more at the end of their careers.  

Considine has earnt it here, he has accepted pennies throughout his career, if anything he deserves a pay day. 

He should be an inspiration- you could say to the younger players look what happens when you spend almost 20 years at the club, you should get rewarded for being part of the club's DNA.  

No idea why considine or his agent would leak it, it's an inside job to make Goodwin look the hardman, ringing the changes, well the "club" have misjudged public opinion and I hope they back track.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

We've paid journeymen and ex Huns and Celtic players more at the end of their careers.  

Considine has earnt it here, he has accepted pennies throughout his career, if anything he deserves a pay day. 

He should be an inspiration- you could say to the younger players look what happens when you spend almost 20 years at the club, you should get rewarded for being part of the club's DNA.  

No idea why considine or his agent would leak it, it's an inside job to make Goodwin look the hardman, ringing the changes, well the "club" have misjudged public opinion and I hope they back track.

18 years a Slave - the Andy Considine biopic

Strange that he never accepted at least two hundred thousand pennies a week.

• Haha 3

So it appears he was offered a pay cut, one year deal and pathway to a coaching role. Wanted a two year deal in line with senior pros. He's been a good club servant but at 35 I would have offered nothing given he's had a year out with injury. Looking for a two year deal was a bit of a stretch. With a new manager coming in this season it's time to cut the cord and begin a new era. Wish him luck in finding another club if he wants to go on playing.

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Dedicated his life to the club? He’s been paid handsomely for it and he’d never get a better club than us. He’s the lucky one. 

Correct

He really, really is very very lucky to have got to play here all his career

He had a spell for a few seasons where he was heroic, almost, but it was a few seasons in what was, what, a 16/17 year stint here?

He can take his "goodness me's" elsewhere 

• Like 1
Guest milne_afc
26 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Considine has earnt it here, he has accepted pennies throughout his career, if anything he deserves a pay day. 

?

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The club said he was offered a six figure annual salary, agent wanted over half again.

A no brainier.

Could be just under £2k a week, which isn’t a huge salary for a player at our level and could easily be a 50% pay cut from his current contract.

All ifs and buts though. Nobody here knows the exact figures. The agent looks like he’s fucked up mind you because he’ll never get the contract he’s asked for anywhere else either.

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Could be just under £2k a week, which isn’t a huge salary for a player at our level and could easily be a 50% pay cut from his current contract.

All ifs and buts though. Nobody here knows the exact figures. The agent looks like he’s fucked up mind you because he’ll never get the contract he’s asked for anywhere else either.

He hasn't played all season, is 35 and was slow as anything before this major knee surgery

2k even per week was too much

I've never liked him, so I'm happy it's ended like this

All this "loyal servant " crap

He wasn't "loyal", he was bloody lucky to be here for so long

Did someone not try and pawn him off to caley years ago but he refused it?

41 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Correct

He really, really is very very lucky to have got to play here all his career

He had a spell for a few seasons where he was heroic, almost, but it was a few seasons in what was, what, a 16/17 year stint here?

He can take his "goodness me's" elsewhere 

Exactly. I said earlier on here if he was good enough he'd have left years ago for more money. Aberdeen FC is the best his talent could aspire to he wasn't good enough to go the next level. I like Considine he's been a good servant but I'm not having this he's been hard done by theory some are coming out with. The reality is he's at the end of his career. He should have taken the deal on offer with one eye on the next stage of his career. Where the fuck does he think he is going to find a club who will offer him more than AFC did? 

1 hour ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Did he no get that at his testimonial ?

Wise up. We aren't a charity case. "he has earned it" he has been  getting paid 6 figures a year for the majority of his 18 year career here + a testimonial at 10 years. 

"He should be an inspiration to younger players" is a mental shout too, don't be good enough that you can earn a big move away just be steady Eddie for 20 odd years ?

2 hours ago, beef_sister said:

That part needs removed. He is no legend, A stalwart yes, Legend... absolutely not in my book.

That’s an interesting one.  I largely agree other than to say I consider a stalwart just to be a wage earner.  Does his job, gets paid, goes home, Kind of thing.  Consi’s got that local hero thing going, a touch of the underdog, some frailties that make everyone who was decent at school think “what might have been.”  

Always said it.  Honest guy asked to play in a position he was never suited to and always gave 100% often in pretty trying circumstances.

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He hasn't played all season, is 35 and was slow as anything before this major knee surgery

2k even per week was too much

I've never liked him, so I'm happy it's ended like this

All this "loyal servant " crap

He wasn't "loyal", he was bloody lucky to be here for so long

Did someone not try and pawn him off to caley years ago but he refused it?

You’re a hun though so that makes sense.

I’m neither here nor there about him leaving. Personally I’d have kept him for another year (if his knee has healed ok), but at the same time he’s 35 he wasn’t going to be around much longer anyway, injury or not.

After 20 odd years of service for us he deserved a better ending than his last contract offer being withdrawn because of a greedy agent.  

9 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

You’re a hun though so that makes sense.

I’m neither here nor there about him leaving. Personally I’d have kept him for another year (if his knee has healed ok), but at the same time he’s 35 he wasn’t going to be around much longer anyway, injury or not.

After 20 odd years of service for us he deserved a better ending than his last contract offer being withdrawn because of a greedy agent.  

Yeah but thats his fault, not the clubs

Goodness me

• Upvote 1

Considine has earnt it here, he has accepted pennies throughout his career, if anything he deserves a pay day

Pennies?

Fuck me, most on here would be delighted to have had the career he's lucky to have had and be well remunerated for.

He's got a testimonial, that was his pay day.

5 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Considine - an unspectacular, workmanlike player who has been loyal for a reason. That reason being the only way would have been down for him e.g. Motherwell or St Johnstone etc. No world beater.

He's done well for himself and had a decent wage for a long time.

Not massively upset that his time at AFC has come to an end to be honest.

Exactly, people are getting a bit gooey over him as he had a good two or three seasons, forgetting the fact that in the many years before that he was a bombscare. 

Can't think anyone in their right mind would offer a 36 year old defender just back from a serious long term injury a 2 year contract. He's been slow throughout his whole career and by the time he reaches 38 he'll be an absolute snail. 

Personally, I probably would have given him a 1 year deal, on the basis that he'd not necessarily be a first pick. Sounds like that was what was offered and it was pretty sensible. We're not a charity - we've wasted too much money on dishing out new contracts to guys like Devlin, Hoban, McGinn etc over recent years. 1 year would've been fine - to expect 2 was crazy.

I really can't see Andy Considine going in a massive huff and leaking this though - by all accounts he loves the club and is a model pro. No idea who his agent is, but they are generally a different kettle of fish. It would be a shame if he didn't get a final opportunity to get a send off from the fans at Pittodrie - I would imagine Goodwin will know who leaked it, so as long as it wasn't Andy himself I would guess he might still get a few minutes in one of the home games this season.

Well done Goodwin again! Really strong leadership in dealing with another difficult situation.

Considine is crazy turning down a fantastic offer like that (and a pathway into coaching)! Why the hell should we over-pay a 35-year old back-up player, who’s missed the previous season with a cruciate?

Good luck getting a better, longer term offer elsewhere… and don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out!

• Upvote 1