Andy Considine

11 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Local lad done good, I get that

But the reaction it's getting that we've released a player who's coming to the end of his career is absurd. I could understand it if he was by far the best player in our squad, The reality is, He's not, You speak about managers, Goodwin clearly thinks he's a squad player so i presume he knows more than you and i about how he wants to take the team forward. I'll trust him on this one.

I actually don't think too many people have issues with him being released. Its the way its been handled by the club with the pathetic hunnish statement being released yesterday with insinuations but no context, that has many people turning against a guy who has given 18 years to the club.

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I haven't reacted in any way like he's the best player. I don't think that, I would like to think I understand fitba a bit better.

I'm gutted he is going because fucking love Consi but it isn't coming as a shock.

I think it's classless statement from the club.

I also mentioned some of the criticism from local gadgies is wild cause you and I would love to be in that position for 18 years. I always think local cunts for Aiberdeen get so much more criticism than other players. 

I trust every manager more than me or you, Goodwin included. It's pissed Goodwin off but from the understanding I have, it's the leak closer IN the club and not his agent.

I'm not meaning you specifically, just in general. 18yrs is some going but it has to end at some point.

Personally i don't think the statement is too bad IF it's came from his agent or someone close to him. You said you've spoken to someone close to him regarding it.. What's to say he's not talking shite to cover for Considine or his agent? it's all conjecture. We've pandered to players for years it seems and been made a cunt of. Now we've came out and said something along the lines of " He had this option, Didn't like it, countered and then we've taken the offer off the table" Goodwin is obviously raging and released that statement to back the club up. 'll take Aberdeen's side over Considine any day i'm afraid.

Of course they get more grief, Doesn;t mean it's right but i'd say it's more to do with them being more relatable to the fan base rather than some object from Belgium who can't string two passes together. But you're right. i'd have done anything to play for Aberdeen the length of time he has.

6 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

And it all started with that shady cunt cormack! Hey maybe he'll stand outside pittodrie n hand out free tickets on sat? Nah no chance the tory voting cunt would do that. I think the yank wannabe should be hounded out our Club, and I also think once he's left' cormack Park should be renamed 

Is there any reason why we couldn't lease/sell the naming rights to it? 

(Bar Cormack's ego)

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think the negotiation on salary bit is fine. They've offered him a cut and he was trying to keep that cut as low as possible. 

I suspect Hayes has agreed a 3k per week deal and they were trying to achieve parity due to being similar ages etc. 

I'm surprised about the 2 year bit as he happily extended by one year previously. This leads me to suspect he's been offered 2 years somewhere else and they were trying to see if the club would match that. 

Otherwise you'd think if he didn't have something else on the table he would have backtracked and taken the one year offer at the meeting on Monday. 

Did he? I saw that he signed a two year deal in December 2020, didn't realise he'd been happy with one year deals previously.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Never claimed i was more intelligent than everyone, however you're the one that doesn't understand what a negotiation is. So i'm clearly more intelligent than you.

Nah you’ve tried to move the goalposts. You compared it to a normal job which is pointless. Like I said, pointless debating it because you’re in over your head. 

6 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Nah you’ve tried to move the goalposts. You compared it to a normal job which is pointless. Like I said, pointless debating it because you’re in over your head. 

I only compared it to a normal job in that in neither would you just happily roll over and accept a 50% pay cut because you're coming to the end of your career. Maybe you would but most wouldn't.

4 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hope he doesn’t go to a rival team. 
we always say it but he really will be a nap to score against us ? which will be fkn horrible

Considine popping up with a header at the back post against us would indeed be horrible.

Regarding the 'negotiations', all the toys seem to have been thrown out of the pram very quickly here after one counter offer. It wasn't as if it was an offensively outrageous counter either in comparison to the contracts we've handed out to McGinn, Brown, Devlin (x2) in recent times. 

Considine is too nice to have been the one who leaked any details. Could have been the club, we have history of leaking stuff since Cormack arrived, but I'd guess it was the agent

40 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Still bickering over Andy bloody Considine. A man that couldn't even lace Brian Irvine or Russell Anderson's boots never mind our true great defenders.

Laughable

Did we not all bicker over countless managers?
managers that couldn’t ‘lace many previous managers boots’ never mind our true great Sir Alex ?

That’s what we do ?‍♂️

Your username (& undoubted bickering on that subject) would indeed put you in same bracket you are in fact ridiculing would it not? 

?

Also worth noting that one of the players you mention has also been discussing the matter in the press ?

How’s the view up on that high horse? ?

26 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I only compared it to a normal job in that in neither would you just happily roll over and accept a 50% pay cut because you're coming to the end of your career. Maybe you would but most wouldn't.

50% pay cut? Where does it say that? He was offered a good contract and his agent asked for 50% more and an extra year, so the club rightly told him to fuck off.

As much of a servant as he’s been, good pro, he’s been naive as fuck, badly advised and its cost him dearly.

AFC are due no cunt a living (except maybe God if he needed it imo)

2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

50% pay cut? Where does it say that? He was offered a good contract and his agent asked for 50% more and an extra year, so the club rightly told him to fuck off.

As much of a servant as he’s been, good pro, he’s been naive as fuck, badly advised and its cost him dearly.

AFC are due no cunt a living (except maybe God if he needed it imo)

Do you think he asked for 50% more than he was earning before, or 50% more than their offer? The offer they offered could have been more than 50% less than he was earning prior. 

Clear you have chosen a side & are sticking to it & have made up your mind the club cannot possibly have been naughty ?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I actually don't think too many people have issues with him being released. Its the way its been handled by the club with the pathetic hunnish statement being released yesterday with insinuations but no context, that has many people turning against a guy who has given 18 years to the club.

What a strange take. Short of actually printing his salary offer, what more context could club have provided? 

1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I've seen enough and read enough yes

What major flaws in his game did you see that made you think he wouldn't offer more to the team going forward than a slow as fuck, ageing centre half coming back from a major knee injury who hasn't kicked a ball in the best part of a year?

2 hours ago, thurso said:

It’s bit of a misnomer the club saying about his coaching badges they don’t cost that much to get. 

The statement is all smoke and mirrors. It would of been more true if it just said after Goodwin arrived he decided he didn’t want Andy in the squad 

A license is minimum ten grand. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Do you think he asked for 50% more than he was earning before, or 50% more than their offer? The offer they offered could have been more than 50% less than he was earning prior. 

Clear you have chosen a side & are sticking to it & have made up your mind the club cannot possibly have been naughty ?

Fucking knew someone would make this argument. 
Forget what he was on before, i dont know what that was. Do you? Deal with the facts that have been reported (which obviously could be BS anyway)

He was offered a 6 figure deal for 1 year. Sounds reasonable to me at his age etc. His agent asked for 50% more than that and a 2 year deal. 

The club correctly withdrew their offer and thanked him for his service. Seems simple to me. 

Ive been a big fan of Conso for the last few years. Id rather he stayed and helped out the team for another season, although debatable he’d ever get the required fitness and form back at his age. I also think he’d make a good coach for the young uns. But his agents been a cheeky cunt making that request so unfortunately he needs to deal with the consequences and move on. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, RUL said:

What a strange take. Short of actually printing his salary offer, what more context could club have provided? 

Well they didn't need to mention that it was a 6 figure offer and that his agent had come back looking for 50% more. All this has done is led to speculation. I wouldn't actually expect any further context with regards to accurate figures but the statement is so vague it was pointless ever making it. All they had to do was say 'we made what we believed to be a good offer and despite negotiations we haven't been able to agree on terms'. But instead they've tried to push all the blame onto Considine and his agent, when its just as likely to have been someone inside Pittodrie that was responsible for the leak.

14 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Forget what he was on before, i dont know what that was. Do you? Deal with the facts that have been reported (which obviously could be BS anyway)

He was offered a 6 figure deal for 1 year. Sounds reasonable to me at his age etc. His agent asked for 50% more than that and a 2 year deal. 

The club correctly withdrew their offer and thanked him for his service. Seems simple to me. 

Ive been a big fan of Conso for the last few years. Id rather he stayed and helped out the team for another season, although debatable he’d ever get the required fitness and form back at his age. I also think he’d make a good coach for the young uns. But his agents been a cheeky cunt making that request so unfortunately he needs to deal with the consequences and move on. 

If they'd just 'removed the offer and thanked him for his service' that would have been fine. Instead they pushed a narrative that he and his agent had been greedy. There was no reason for that.

22 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

But the club withdrew the offer (according to them) because of the leak. They were supposed to be meeting again ‘to negotiate’ (that’s what happens isn’t it) but withdrew offer because of ‘the leaked info’

It’s normal to counter their offer with a request for more. 
Unless their offer was a ‘take or leave’ offer.

you don’t know. Only Minijc does

But as I said, you’ve clearly picked a view (without facts) & are stuck on it (like many have) 

16 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But the club withdrew the offer (according to them) because of the leak. They were supposed to be meeting again ‘to negotiate’ (that’s what happens isn’t it) but withdrew offer because of ‘the leaked info’

The club statement said that they were going to announce an amicable parting of the ways today. The offer was declined, agent and Considine wanted more and were told the original offer was withdrawn. Nothing to do with the leak.

• Upvote 2
33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The club statement said that they were going to announce an amicable parting of the ways today. The offer was declined, agent and Considine wanted more and were told the original offer was withdrawn. Nothing to do with the leak.

Correct. The leak, was that they met on Monday and only 2 folk were there and agreed what would happen. As soon as AC leaves, he's clearly told his agent who's told Scott Burns. 

There's clearly an issue with leaks in general at AFC but JG was raging because his private conversation was breached. He couldn't give a fuck about AC leaving.

• Upvote 2