Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Andy Considine

38 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Agree there is no issue for him to do that. 

but there is no issue with Goodwin deciding he’s not worth what he’s asked for either. So it’s done. 

True, though it wasn't just Goodwin turning down what he asked for during the negotiations - they turned round and withdrew the original offer as well. 

Got to feel a bit sorry for him - remember when we made him captain after Ricky Foster left and then took it off him again straight away when Russell Anderson came back?

34 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If Considine comes on tomorrow in the 89th minute with the game poised at 1-1 and scores the winner that gets us into the top 6... will another offer be made... possibly still just 1 year, but for slightly more money than the original one...

There's probably more chance of Mikey Devlin playing tomorrow than Considine....

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I'd expect a token appearance in the last home game of the season. 

You'd like to think so, but if 5th is definitely getting Europa Conference at that point and we need a win to get it......unless we are at least 2 up with 10 minutes to go can you see Goodwin risking it?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, dave_c said:

True, though it wasn't just Goodwin turning down what he asked for during the negotiations - they turned round and withdrew the original offer as well. 

Got to feel a bit sorry for him - remember when we made him captain after Ricky Foster left and then took it off him again straight away when Russell Anderson came back?

Aye. Although that also coincided with Considine being out for about 10 months with a leg break. By the time he got back it was just awkwardly forgotten. 

Can anyone tell me who was the complete donkey who broke his leg for Dundee??

1 hour ago, dave_c said:

None of us know what happened in those talks. It could well have been Considine and his agent who turned around and said "we are not willing to take that offer" so Aberdeen withdrew it. I honestly can't see the club just going "We aren't accepting that offer so we'll withdraw all offers and leave it at that, bye". It's much more likely the agent said they were not willing to take the initial offer and that was that. 

He would be. He reports to him and its a significant role at the club. The guy Gunn is apparently a nice lad but he's a nodding dog for Cormack. If we changed DoF then I wouldn't be concerned.

However, it's convenient for an agent, family member or someone close to Considine to blame Gunn.

The reality is that Andy and his agent fucked it big time.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, brownie said:

He would be. He reports to him and its a significant role at the club. The guy Gunn is apparently a nice lad but he's a nodding dog for Cormack. If we changed DoF then I wouldn't be concerned.

However, it's convenient for an agent, family member or someone close to Considine to blame Gunn.

I'm not sure what the point in a DoF is now that we have Goodwin in charge. 

54 minutes ago, brownie said:

Impossible....

Some have spoken to one of Considine's mates and they've said that never happened and it was a leak from the club. Surely Sir Andy's mates are all posh, salt of the earth type chaps that are beyond reproach... Or, They are talking out their arse and don't know whats been going on, Or fed a false narrative to cover big Andy's fuck up. Deals off the table, He's gone, Who cares, Not me in the slightest

Roll on next season?

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Impossible....

Some have spoken to one of Considine's mates and they've said that never happened and it was a leak from the club. Surely Sir Andy's mates are all posh, salt of the earth type chaps that are beyond reproach... Or, They are talking out their arse and don't know whats been going on, Or fed a false narrative to cover big Andy's fuck up. Deals off the table, He's gone, Who cares, Not me in the slightest

Roll on next season?

Aye, all salt of the type chaps beyond reproach 

They wouldn’t all dress up as tarts or anything ridiculous like that

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You have no right to be speaking about idiots when you are comparing the career of a professional athlete to an office worker ? he’s 35 years old and has just missed an entire season. I doubt many clubs would be offering him a 2 year deal. Even Ryan giggs was only getting 1 year deals at Man U at that age. 

Considine has every right to ask for more money. Aberdeen have every right to say no and end negotiations based on that. There's nothing much more to it. 

fuck knows where he’ll end up. Think I recall a 33 or so year old Derek Whyte rejecting an extension with us and he ended up going to Partick for a season and getting relegated 

And then he went to the papers crying that we hadn't met his wage demands, and thusly WE had forced HIM out of the club. 

Fuck that guy. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Has any other SPL defender ever scored a hat-trick in a league match? No penalties either. Certainly no other player springs to mind in the modern era.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

I don’t really care how others feel about Considine. He is an Aberdeen legend.

Just because we have had plenty far better players more worthy of that label doesn’t mean he cannot also be one. This is where far too many are indeed still stuck in the past & thinking Aberdeen are still a huge club full of international players. Shit clubs with zero honours & history also have legends as players. Look at Goodwin. He is a St Mirren legend.

Considine scored 41 goals for us. Some of them (a good few) were massive goals as well. He was player of the year 3 times for us which is all the more impressive for a CH & especially a CH that has spent so many seasons playing LB. He’s in our top five for appearances for Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen as a club have been shite/also rans for his whole career & even 10 years before he made his debut but that shouldn’t reflect badly on just him & take anything away from what he has been for us. 

The arrogance/ignorance towards his 18 years or whatever for us reflects badly on some fans that literally are still stuck in the past. Basically thinking that only players that played under Fergie should be classed as ‘legends’ 

Legends take many forms & he is a legend in many ways. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5