Andy Considine

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You have no right to be speaking about idiots when you are comparing the career of a professional athlete to an office worker ? he’s 35 years old and has just missed an entire season. I doubt many clubs would be offering him a 2 year deal. Even Ryan giggs was only getting 1 year deals at Man U at that age. 

Considine has every right to ask for more money. Aberdeen have every right to say no and end negotiations based on that. There's nothing much more to it. 

fuck knows where he’ll end up. Think I recall a 33 or so year old Derek Whyte rejecting an extension with us and he ended up going to Partick for a season and getting relegated 

And then he went to the papers crying that we hadn't met his wage demands, and thusly WE had forced HIM out of the club. 

Fuck that guy. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Has any other SPL defender ever scored a hat-trick in a league match? No penalties either. Certainly no other player springs to mind in the modern era.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

I don’t really care how others feel about Considine. He is an Aberdeen legend.

Just because we have had plenty far better players more worthy of that label doesn’t mean he cannot also be one. This is where far too many are indeed still stuck in the past & thinking Aberdeen are still a huge club full of international players. Shit clubs with zero honours & history also have legends as players. Look at Goodwin. He is a St Mirren legend.

Considine scored 41 goals for us. Some of them (a good few) were massive goals as well. He was player of the year 3 times for us which is all the more impressive for a CH & especially a CH that has spent so many seasons playing LB. He’s in our top five for appearances for Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen as a club have been shite/also rans for his whole career & even 10 years before he made his debut but that shouldn’t reflect badly on just him & take anything away from what he has been for us. 

The arrogance/ignorance towards his 18 years or whatever for us reflects badly on some fans that literally are still stuck in the past. Basically thinking that only players that played under Fergie should be classed as ‘legends’ 

Legends take many forms & he is a legend in many ways. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

That should have been easier for me to find out than I made it seem then haha

I did think it couldn't have been that common. Fair play to him.

28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t really care how others feel about Considine. He is an Aberdeen legend.

Just because we have had plenty far better players more worthy of that label doesn’t mean he cannot also be one. This is where far too many are indeed still stuck in the past & thinking Aberdeen are still a huge club full of international players. Shit clubs with zero honours & history also have legends as players. Look at Goodwin. He is a St Mirren legend.

Considine scored 41 goals for us. Some of them (a good few) were massive goals as well. He was player of the year 3 times for us which is all the more impressive for a CH & especially a CH that has spent so many seasons playing LB. He’s in our top five for appearances for Aberdeen. 

Aberdeen as a club have been shite/also rans for his whole career & even 10 years before he made his debut but that shouldn’t reflect badly on just him & take anything away from what he has been for us. 

The arrogance/ignorance towards his 18 years or whatever for us reflects badly on some fans that literally are still stuck in the past. Basically thinking that only players that played under Fergie should be classed as ‘legends’ 

Legends take many forms & he is a legend in many ways. 

Absolutely he's a legend. You don't get to cherry pick the era you play in. Considine was an ever present shining light during his time. The club should be thoroughly ashamed of the way they've treated him come the end. Even if he wasn't part of our plans going forward and regardless of his agent leaking a story, he deserved so much better. All the best Andy.

35 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Here's the match report of his hat trick: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4137061.stm. Twice refers to him as a striker. I remember him as a defender though. 

7 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Absolutely he's a legend. You don't get to cherry pick the era you play in. Considine was an ever present shining light during his time. The club should be thoroughly ashamed of the way they've treated him come the end. Even if he wasn't part of our plans going forward and regardless of his agent leaking a story, he deserved so much better. All the best Andy.

Aye. 

Willie Miller nailed it in his article today. 

All teeth and no class at Pittodrie these days. 

Considine has lived the dream that most of us have had since we were kids, to pull on the red shirt and play for the club we love. You could see how much it meant to him today, and every time he pulled on the jersey.

One of the many problems this season is that we've not had a player in the team with that kind of passion. Hardly any of the players have looked like they care this season - half hearted bunch of losers most of them - from Lewis to Ramirez.

I think if Considine had been fit the entire season we would have 1) had a more solid defence (not saying he's Beckenbaur or Maldini, but compared to the Bates / Gallagher shambles we've had to put up with at times he's probably not far off!) and 2) had more passion and determination instilled in the team. Those two things I believe would have given us enough extra points in the bag over the course of the season to have at least scraped into the top 6.

Next season we need better players, but we also need players who really want to play for the club, like Considine did. 

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Legend?

Is he really?

Is he what! Some amount of crap being spouted today, worst being “he lived every Dons fan’s dream” - no he never. Nobody has dreamed of such mediocrity. Fair enough , he made a decent career out of his limited ability, but let’s be honest, he’s been ever present during three of the worst ever eras of AFC.

41 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Legend?

Is he really?

Yes he is ?‍♂️

just because Aberdeen are a nothing club now with zero success doesn’t change that.

Jim Goodwin is a playing legend for St Mirren & he wasn’t exactly world class.

it is all relative. We aren’t the club we once were. Considine is a legend simply for appearances alone where as he wouldn’t even come close to lacing the boots of previous legends when we were a decent club. 

Folk are so simplistic sometimes & really are stuck in the past

If Considine is a legend than so is Darren Mackie.

His length of time with the club is admirable but anyone who thinks it was more than a marriage of convenience is kidding themselves.

His entire career and no other club showed a whiff of interest. It's nice to see a local lad in the first team but frankly he was backup for at least half of that time. 

I'll always remember him for being even slower than JDV.

4 minutes ago, Sonic said:

If Considine is a legend than so is Darren Mackie.

His length of time with the club is admirable but anyone who thinks it was more than a marriage of convenience is kidding themselves.

His entire career and no other club showed a whiff of interest. It's nice to see a local lad in the first team but frankly he was backup for at least half of that time. 

I'll always remember him for being even slower than JDV.

Considine scored as many goals as him ? Huns & Hearts were interested in him so that is made up. No clubs showed interest really because they wouldn’t want to pay a fee though fair enough

All about perspective.

Teddy Scott played ONCE for the first team but he is an Aberdeen Legend 

• Upvote 2

As above.  Limited player continually hung out to dry in a position in which he was “good enough” for 9 teams in the league.  Never gave anything less than 100% and seems, from the outside, to be a model professional off the field as well.  Didn’t deserve for it to end on a tattie pitch in a nothing game in shitevia.

I thought Willie Miller was very balanced in the radio.  Stood up for the club.  Made a realistic offer.  Didn’t like it.  So be it.  But then had a real go how it was subsequently handled.  He did make a good point though, and it was clearly targeted at some.  He’s all for protecting the players especially those in low wages relative to others but if the club ultimately says they’re not good enough then they’re not good enough.  Goodwin essentially said the same and it’s a shame Considine is getting dragged into that debate but because that’s not the point anyone was making.

56 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

He wasn't a legend but he was very loyal and no doubt got the best out of his ability. 

I guess you and the other miserable bastards (sorry mate, its monday morning) can have your own list of legends that nobody else cares about. The club have called him a legend... therefore... LEGEND!

Miller, McLeish, Clark, McKimmie.... every player in that top 5 is a legend. Some were just lucky to play in an era when money didn't make it so hard to win trophies. And Aberdeen were lucky enough that it meant league 1 teams in England couldn't take our players. If we had that 1980s team now they'd have all left for pennies before we did anything significant. So none of them would be legends..... we'll never have another Aberdeen legend again if the bar is set to multiple trophies.

18 seasons, a trophy, Scotland international recognition & 3 player of the season awards. Its not terrible.

• Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I guess you and the other miserable bastards (sorry mate, its monday morning) can have your own list of legends that nobody else cares about. The club have called him a legend... therefore... LEGEND!

Miller, McLeish, Clark, McKimmie.... every player in that top 5 is a legend. Some were just lucky to play in an era when money didn't make it so hard to win trophies. And Aberdeen were lucky enough that it meant league 1 teams in England couldn't take our players. If we had that 1980s team now they'd have all left for pennies before we did anything significant. So none of them would be legends..... we'll never have another Aberdeen legend again if the bar is set to multiple trophies.

18 seasons, a trophy, Scotland international recognition & 3 player of the season awards. Its not terrible.

Spot on