Andy Considine

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I guess you and the other miserable bastards (sorry mate, its monday morning) can have your own list of legends that nobody else cares about. The club have called him a legend... therefore... LEGEND!

Miller, McLeish, Clark, McKimmie.... every player in that top 5 is a legend. Some were just lucky to play in an era when money didn't make it so hard to win trophies. And Aberdeen were lucky enough that it meant league 1 teams in England couldn't take our players. If we had that 1980s team now they'd have all left for pennies before we did anything significant. So none of them would be legends..... we'll never have another Aberdeen legend again if the bar is set to multiple trophies.

18 seasons, a trophy, Scotland international recognition & 3 player of the season awards. Its not terrible.

No, it's not

But its not legendary either 

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I doubt that Goodwin gave a fuck. Considine had the chance to sign up, he wanted more and the club correctly knocked him back. The club has done nothing wrong.

100% Correct

He’s clearly struggling to return to fitness (subbed off after 48 minutes), having been out all season.

He’s 35. 

And his agent wants £3k per week for 2 years.

Fuck that. 

• Upvote 5
27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

100% Correct

He’s clearly struggling to return to fitness (subbed off after 48 minutes), having been out all season.

He’s 35. 

And his agent wants £3k per week for 2 years.

Fuck that. 

I thought he was offered 2k a week for 1 year and he wanted 50% more over 2 years ie was offered 104k but wanted 156k over 2 years which works out at £1500 per week? So less per week but 50% more overall?

47 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Why would he JG been in the door about 5 minutes and played no part in his afc journey, it would have been cringeworthy if he did

But he also says he learned a lot from Stephen Glass, which would be strange unless it was how to concede every game. 

Andy was pretty shabbily treated by Goodwin, who seems to have used him as a very public 'I'm putting my foot down' example. 

Aye, Andy's agent fucked it up, but the club should have dealt with the whole scenario better than they did. Making a final offer, then quietly leaving it on the table for Considine to either accept or reject would have been fine. 

At least then they would have afforded a long standing club servant the dignity of choosing his own path. But to remove the offer then poison the water by making things public smacks of awful man-management by Goodwin. 

If Aberdeen were winning games under Goodwin.....or even putting in decent performances.....then fans would probably cut him a bit of slack in his dealings with a club legend. But we're doing neither, and he seems to be replacing actual winning performances by a adopting a hard-man with players image. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Aye, Andy's agent fucked it up, but the club should have dealt with the whole scenario better than they did. Making a final offer, then quietly leaving it on the table for Considine to either accept or reject would have been fine.

The statement from AFC literally said they couldn't agree on a deal and agreed to part ways. So the above probably did happen...

35 minutes ago, huncunts said:

But he also says he learned a lot from Stephen Glass, which would be strange unless it was how to concede every game. 

before injured this season we played 7 lost 2 (1 of which he was an unused sub with a GD of +7 with him scoring the first goal of the season. Bit unfair comment really. 

48 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Andy was pretty shabbily treated by Goodwin, who seems to have used him as a very public 'I'm putting my foot down' example. 

At least then they would have afforded a long standing club servant the dignity of choosing his own path. But to remove the offer then poison the water by making things public smacks of awful man-management by Goodwin. 

If Aberdeen were winning games under Goodwin.....or even putting in decent performances.....then fans would probably cut him a bit of slack in his dealings with a club legend. But we're doing neither, and he seems to be replacing actual winning performances by a adopting a hard-man with players image. 

Shabbily treated ,  bullshit, he’s 37 always injured, he should get over it and spit the dummy tit out of his moo.??  Let’s face it he wasn’t a Ronaldo.

4 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Have no idea why fans are siding with Considine over the club. 35 year old who just had a brutal injury leaves - who fucking cares. 

I would hope it’s about the respect we should show to a player who has been with us so long and as likely as well the disconnect between fans and chairman at moment 

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Have no idea why fans are siding with Considine over the club. 35 year old who just had a brutal injury leaves - who fucking cares. 

I think it’s more the way it’s all been handled that’s an issue, rather than him actually leaving.

Also doesn’t help our only 2 remaining CB’s now are hopeless as well.

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He probably has a lot more respect for the club than the majority of those siding with the club over him without actually knowing the goings on surrounding the situation. As for those ‘thinking’ they know the real story ?

WWFD?

He's have been merciless. 

Certainly wouldn't have kept an ageing, potentially injury-risk player who is, let's be fair, average at best despite being dedicated.

That chapter is over, and the club is bigger and more important than sentimentality. 

Or it should be. 

44 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Think with 11 players probably coming in - and if we are keeping suggested trends a good majority u25. A player like considine in training every day would be priceless to help players understand Aberdeen

who now is the most senior afc bred player? Looking at the full match day squad I would guess McLennan followed by Mackenzie  c’mon  how we encouraging the youngsters then have a career with AFC  

player development ,stability and knowing why Aberdeen has a statue of fergusson outside the ground   That’s why I think this is a mistake  

1/2 a squad who knows what Conidine and aberdeen means half a new squad who’s view of Aberdeen is either the airport or the rear view mirror  

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

WWFD?

He's have been merciless. 

Certainly wouldn't have kept an ageing, potentially injury-risk player who is, let's be fair, average at best despite being dedicated.

That chapter is over, and the club is bigger and more important than sentimentality. 

Or it should be. 

Stuck by Simmie a good while.

A legend that was with Aberdeen half the time Considine was & scoring half as many goals from midfield ?

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Many times do you think this point has been raised over the last 2 months?

7 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Think with 11 players probably coming in - and if we are keeping suggested trends a good majority u25. A player like considine in training every day would be priceless to help players understand Aberdeen

who now is the most senior afc bred player? Looking at the full match day squad I would guess McLennan followed by Mackenzie  c’mon  how we encouraging the youngsters then have a career with AFC  

player development ,stability and knowing why Aberdeen has a statue of fergusson outside the ground   That’s why I think this is a mistake  

1/2 a squad who knows what Conidine and aberdeen means half a new squad who’s view of Aberdeen is either the airport or the rear view mirror  

Is a 35 year old who has been here for nigh on 19 years , winning one cup REALLY the kind of priceless influence we want around the place for youngsters?

The guy in his cringey departing monologue says he has had a successful footballing career

If he genuinely thinks that,  then it sums him up

14 minutes ago, Bamber said:

He understands Aberdeen? The majority of his time here was utter failure. He done well for McInnes at times but ultimately was a huge reason in us coming up short. Look at that Rogic goal in the final. 

MT it’s that or McLennan or if he goes Mackenzie I know you are occasional daft but do you think if he stays McLennan will wield priceless influence. 

your daftest comment ever and it has some competition (and yes I know I don’t always hit the back of the net)