Andy Considine

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Have no idea why fans are siding with Considine over the club. 35 year old who just had a brutal injury leaves - who fucking cares. 

He probably has a lot more respect for the club than the majority of those siding with the club over him without actually knowing the goings on surrounding the situation. As for those ‘thinking’ they know the real story ?

WWFD?

He's have been merciless. 

Certainly wouldn't have kept an ageing, potentially injury-risk player who is, let's be fair, average at best despite being dedicated.

That chapter is over, and the club is bigger and more important than sentimentality. 

Or it should be. 

44 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Have no idea why fans are siding with Considine over the club. 35 year old who just had a brutal injury leaves - who fucking cares. 

Think with 11 players probably coming in - and if we are keeping suggested trends a good majority u25. A player like considine in training every day would be priceless to help players understand Aberdeen

who now is the most senior afc bred player? Looking at the full match day squad I would guess McLennan followed by Mackenzie  c’mon  how we encouraging the youngsters then have a career with AFC  

player development ,stability and knowing why Aberdeen has a statue of fergusson outside the ground   That’s why I think this is a mistake  

1/2 a squad who knows what Conidine and aberdeen means half a new squad who’s view of Aberdeen is either the airport or the rear view mirror  

7 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

WWFD?

He's have been merciless. 

Certainly wouldn't have kept an ageing, potentially injury-risk player who is, let's be fair, average at best despite being dedicated.

That chapter is over, and the club is bigger and more important than sentimentality. 

Or it should be. 

Stuck by Simmie a good while.

A legend that was with Aberdeen half the time Considine was & scoring half as many goals from midfield ?

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

Andy was pretty shabbily treated by Goodwin, who seems to have used him as a very public 'I'm putting my foot down' example. 

Aye, Andy's agent fucked it up, but the club should have dealt with the whole scenario better than they did. Making a final offer, then quietly leaving it on the table for Considine to either accept or reject would have been fine. 

At least then they would have afforded a long standing club servant the dignity of choosing his own path. But to remove the offer then poison the water by making things public smacks of awful man-management by Goodwin. 

If Aberdeen were winning games under Goodwin.....or even putting in decent performances.....then fans would probably cut him a bit of slack in his dealings with a club legend. But we're doing neither, and he seems to be replacing actual winning performances by a adopting a hard-man with players image. 

Many times do you think this point has been raised over the last 2 months?

7 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Think with 11 players probably coming in - and if we are keeping suggested trends a good majority u25. A player like considine in training every day would be priceless to help players understand Aberdeen

who now is the most senior afc bred player? Looking at the full match day squad I would guess McLennan followed by Mackenzie  c’mon  how we encouraging the youngsters then have a career with AFC  

player development ,stability and knowing why Aberdeen has a statue of fergusson outside the ground   That’s why I think this is a mistake  

1/2 a squad who knows what Conidine and aberdeen means half a new squad who’s view of Aberdeen is either the airport or the rear view mirror  

Is a 35 year old who has been here for nigh on 19 years , winning one cup REALLY the kind of priceless influence we want around the place for youngsters?

The guy in his cringey departing monologue says he has had a successful footballing career

If he genuinely thinks that,  then it sums him up

14 minutes ago, Bamber said:

He understands Aberdeen? The majority of his time here was utter failure. He done well for McInnes at times but ultimately was a huge reason in us coming up short. Look at that Rogic goal in the final. 

MT it’s that or McLennan or if he goes Mackenzie I know you are occasional daft but do you think if he stays McLennan will wield priceless influence. 

your daftest comment ever and it has some competition (and yes I know I don’t always hit the back of the net)

48 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I think it’s more the way it’s all been handled that’s an issue, rather than him actually leaving.

Also doesn’t help our only 2 remaining CB’s now are hopeless as well.

Aye, Considine and his agent have handled it horrendously. 

2 minutes ago, Bamber said:

MT it’s that or McLennan or if he goes Mackenzie I know you are occasional daft but do you think if he stays McLennan will wield priceless influence. 

your daftest comment ever and it has some competition (and yes I know I don’t always hit the back of the net)

Honestly, what?

That was just a noise 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

A legend that was with Aberdeen half the time Considine was & scoring half as many goals from midfield ?

Simmie was a far better midfielder than Considine is/was a defender. 

Also, goals not super important when you have actual quality strikers you can feed the ball to, rather than having to get up the park and do goals yourself. 

Simmie is a legend for good reason. 

Considine isn't for equally good reasons. 

19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Is a 35 year old who has been here for nigh on 19 years , winning one cup REALLY the kind of priceless influence we want around the place for youngsters?

The guy in his cringey departing monologue says he has had a successful footballing career

Which parts did you find cringey?

And with regards to "had a successful footballing career" do you not think he was just referring to the fact he has played at the highest level he could for as long as possible and for his hometown club.
Also, it could be that he knows his limitations as a footballer and is more than happy with his career.

So to him, its been a success.

Fair play to the lad.

How the fuck can Considine not be a legend? 4th all time appearance list, played many games for the club in Europe, helped win our first trophy in 19 years (my lifetime at that point) and was an incredibly dependable player in our high league finishes under DMC. 

He's had his low points, he's had plenty highs too, as we all have following Aberdeen. The guy gave us everything every time he played, not something that can be said for many others over his time with us. 

If only the Gothenburg greats are allowed to be legends, then we'll never have a club legend again, because that period was a total anomaly in our clubs history. 

Good luck to big Andy,  a modern day club legend, and an excellent servant to our proud football club. 

• Upvote 3
Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, CCB III said:

If only the Gothenburg greats are allowed to be legends

Who has said that?

Theo Snelders*

Brian Irvine

Brian Grant

Stewart McKimmie

Jim Bett

Charlie Nicholas

Paul Mason

Billy Stark

Hans Gillhaus

Eoin Jess

All post G83 legends. 

He has definitely had a successful career overall.

He’s played his entire career in the top division in his country, played in Europe, played for his country (and helped them qualify for their first tournament in decades), won a proper trophy, 4th record appearance holder for the team he supports, POTY a few times too.

There’s a huge number of players who’d bite your hand off to say they had a career like that.

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

How the fuck can Considine not be a legend? 4th all time appearance list, played many games for the club in Europe, helped win our first trophy in 19 years (my lifetime at that point) and was an incredibly dependable player in our high league finishes under DMC. 

He's had his low points, he's had plenty highs too, as we all have following Aberdeen. The guy gave us everything every time he played, not something that can be said for many others over his time with us. 

If only the Gothenburg greats are allowed to be legends, then we'll never have a club legend again, because that period was a total anomaly in our clubs history. 

Good luck to big Andy,  a modern day club legend, and an excellent servant to our proud football club. 

Wasn’t that dependable. Him and that piece of shit O’Connor let Rogic run right though on goal in the final for example. He cost us plenty.  

Considine was decent for a few years and fair play to him for the career he’s managed to have but I’m not having that he’s some great, loyal servant. He was at Aberdeen for so long because he’d never get anything better and at times he was very lucky to still be with us. 

Not a good enough player to be a legend for me. 

Simply hanging around for a long time doesn't make you a legend, in my book. 

You either need to be exceptional - Considine wasn't

or 

Be part of something exceptional - Considine wasn't

I'm not saying he wasn't a loyal servant... but Legend?

C'mon. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Sorry, what? Are you suggesting we should have binned Simmie before Fergie left?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

19 years playing for his boyhood club in the top league in the country. A couple of high points in that time. Couple of caps thrown in at the end. Id say that was a relatively successful career compared to most of the lads he’s played with over that time. 

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Wasn’t that dependable. Him and that piece of shit O’Connor let Rogic run right though on goal in the final for example. He cost us plenty.  

Considine was decent for a few years and fair play to him for the career he’s managed to have but I’m not having that he’s some great, loyal servant. He was at Aberdeen for so long because he’d never get anything better and at times he was very lucky to still be with us. 

Not a good enough player to be a legend for me. 

Devil’s Advocate…

I agree…. BUT….. we win trophies every 20 fucking years these days

If you’re part of one of those teams, some folk might see that as being a legend maybe, especially factoring in he’s also 4th on the record appearance list. 

53 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Who has said that?

Theo Snelders*

Brian Irvine

Brian Grant

Stewart McKimmie

Jim Bett

Charlie Nicholas

Paul Mason

Billy Stark

Hans Gillhaus

Eoin Jess