Andy Considine

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Devil’s Advocate…

I agree…. BUT….. we win trophies every 20 fucking years these days

If you’re part of one of those teams, some folk might see that as being a legend maybe, especially factoring in he’s also 4th on the record appearance list. 

Still not a good enough player to be a legend for me. Was lucky to be here for a lot of his time. 

Guest milne_afc
13 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Folk would contest you with a few of them. 

More cult heroes there than legends. 

Nope, all multi medal winners. Folk would be wrong.

29 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Better to have 2 pish centre halves than 3...

Lol. He definitely isn’t pish. No world beater sure, but not pish. Before his injury he’d have walked into every team in the league bar Celtic and the Huns.

He was also never helped by being played out of position for years at LB.

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Lol. He definitely isn’t pish. No world beater sure, but not pish. Before his injury he’d have walked into every team in the league bar Celtic and the Huns.

Lolz no he wouldn't...he's pish

15 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Out of position? His best spell was under McInnes as a left back.

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Who has said that?

Theo Snelders*

Brian Irvine

Brian Grant

Stewart McKimmie

Jim Bett

Charlie Nicholas

Paul Mason

Billy Stark

Hans Gillhaus

Eoin Jess

All post G83 legends. 

Altho he was a brilliant player surely Andy Considine  is more worthy of legend status than Hans Gillhaus 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, thurso said:

Altho he was a brilliant player surely Andy Considine  is more worthy of legend status than Hans Gillhaus 

Don’t ever quote or reply to me again.

45 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Nope, all multi medal winners. Folk would be wrong.

Sure they were all magic, heard a great deal about them and seen great clips. That Nicholas goal on the full volley from the keeper springs to mind, used to watch them on old VHS tapes. 

I never witnessed any of them, though. So, for me, I consider him a legend. 

3 hours ago, Bamber said:

Think with 11 players probably coming in - and if we are keeping suggested trends a good majority u25. A player like considine in training every day would be priceless to help players understand Aberdeen

who now is the most senior afc bred player? Looking at the full match day squad I would guess McLennan followed by Mackenzie  c’mon  how we encouraging the youngsters then have a career with AFC  

player development ,stability and knowing why Aberdeen has a statue of fergusson outside the ground   That’s why I think this is a mistake  

1/2 a squad who knows what Conidine and aberdeen means half a new squad who’s view of Aberdeen is either the airport or the rear view mirror  

If aberdeen FC sign 11 players this summer I’ll donate £50 to my local synagogue 

(first team/ squad, pedantic arseholes)

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

He has definitely had a successful career overall.

He’s played his entire career in the top division in his country, played in Europe, played for his country (and helped them qualify for their first tournament in decades), won a proper trophy, 4th record appearance holder for the team he supports, POTY a few times too.

There’s a huge number of players who’d bite your hand off to say they had a career like that.

I'm being a bit pendantic, but I don't think he did. He never played in the Serbia playoff game, he was on the bench and in the celebrations. He only played in Nations League games either side of it.

He's a legend for me. Part of it's about longevity and service to the club. 

This is what happens when woke dickheads project their sense of entitlement onto a discussion about true club legends. Just because you’ve not witnessed a legend don’t make everyone else lower their standards.

I can’t believe someone is suggesting Considine is more of a legend than Gillhaus! Fucking hell. Watching players like Gillhaus, Nicholas, Jess et.al, aka True Legends, was an experience - they gave us experiences to watch - things that we still think or speak about today. Seeing Duncan Shearer’s overhead kick from 18 yards out, or watching Rico lash one in from 20 yards on a dark, wet European night against Torino, or watching Jess collect the ball on the halfway line and thump one past the Gorams and scum in the cup. Fucking experiences, that’s what makes them legends. Not fucking Andy Considine ffs.

I’m hopeful you’ll see a true legend play for aberdeen one day, but, until it happens, don’t search for something that doesn’t exist in the pish we’ve endured these past 20 years.

• Upvote 3
18 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

I'm being a bit pendantic, but I don't think he did. He never played in the Serbia playoff game, he was on the bench and in the celebrations. He only played in Nations League games either side of it.

He's a legend for me. Part of it's about longevity and service to the club. 

Ah I thought he got on in the Serbia game. If not then my bad. Still a decent career he’s had. Better than most of the other permanent CB’s we’ve had during his time here

Ach, one club men are pretty rare these days and should be celebrated. Surely we can have the decency to wish a lad all the best who's played for us his entire career.  A loyal club servant rather than a legend if that makes folk feel better. 

It feels like he's getting penalised in folk's minds for not having being good enough to be flogged for big money. 

I assume its similar for the likes of Lewis Stevenson at Hibs who is another rare example of a guy in his mid 30s who has ever only played for one club. 

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc
8 minutes ago, 1983 said:

This is what happens when woke dickheads project their sense of entitlement onto a discussion about true club legends. Just because you’ve not witnessed a legend don’t make everyone else lower their standards.

I can’t believe someone is suggesting Considine is more of a legend than Gillhaus! Fucking hell. Watching players like Gillhaus, Nicholas, Jess et.al, aka True Legends, was an experience - they gave us experiences to watch - things that we still think or speak about today. Seeing Duncan Shearer’s overhead kick from 18 yards out, or watching Rico lash one in from 20 yards on a dark, wet European night against Torino, or watching Jess collect the ball on the halfway line and thump one past the Gorams and scum in the cup. Fucking experiences, that’s what makes them legends. Not fucking Andy Considine ffs.

I’m hopeful you’ll see a true legend play for aberdeen one day, but, until it happens, don’t search for something that doesn’t exist in the pish we’ve endured these past 20 years.

??

14 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Dumb as fuck sentence, that. 

It's "woke" and "entitled" to argue a guy who's made 541 appearances for a football club is a legend. 

Words don't mean anything anymore, just whatever Internet people say they mean. 

You can disagree that he's a legend, I have a different opinion. Framing it as a result of people being more socially conscious is truly the dumbest thing I've read on here. That takes some doing. So, fair play. 

• Upvote 6