Andy Considine

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Your Eric black fascination freaks me out so much. Something very sexually motivated about it

My favourite Don of all time,.and I'm nae ashamed to admit it, when he left I made it my business to keep an eye on his career, 

Doesn't get as much credit as the other Dons legends in my opinion

Nothing story from the Daily Record/Sunday Mail. Took what was already out there and slapped a shit-stirring headline on it. Amazingly they managed to squeeze a second article out of it which largely covers the same ground. Though it does include the following quote from Andy:

"I’d like to think I will always be welcomed back to Aberdeen. The respect the fans had for me was mutual. And there’s no bad blood on my part towards the club. In the future, could I ever end up at Aberdeen in some sort of capacity? Who knows."

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Regardless of the pros and cons of Consi's departure, we've moved on, and are now in the era of Gallagher/Bates as the bedrock of our defence. 

So... let's just think about that for a minute. 

spacer.png

Goodwin better get a decent replacement in because for the 50mins Considine lasted in that last game Bates was a different player and the defence looked a different defence. Considine went off and the plodding predictability of Gallagher saw us revert to the feeble spineless shite we'd been watching all season.

Didn't Goodwin state as fact we had a defender signing in the next few days more than a few weeks ago?

8 minutes ago, Woolenrouge said:

Goodwin better get a decent replacement in because for the 50mins Considine lasted in that last game Bates was a different player and the defence looked a different defence. Considine went off and the plodding predictability of Gallagher saw us revert to the feeble spineless shite we'd been watching all season.

Didn't Goodwin state as fact we had a defender signing in the next few days more than a few weeks ago?

Seems Goodwin put all his Eggs in the one basket and ended up with an Omelette. To be fair a deal must have been 99% over the line for him to comment, only for something completely unanticipated to happen.

Agree Bates looked better in the brief period he had Considine next to him. Also feel our season turned on Andy's injury. Of course we'll never know, but i suspect our season might have played out had we loaned an adequate replacement for him rather than spunking money on Longstaff.

As for Gallagher, what a disappointment. For all our squad's threadbare, i wouldn't be sad to see him moved on this window.

1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Yeah, cos Bates was playing on the right

51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah, cos Bates was playing on the right

Yeah, and he kept turning inside and Considine coached him to play out from the right. Considine, in 50 minutes, demonsrated how things should be done. He is 35, he is gone and fair enough. But in those 50 minutes he exposed the shocking nievity of that season by coaching Bates for 50 minutes. We all saw it when Concidine went off and Gallagher came on and 'normal service' was resumed.

22 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If ever there was a bigger nap for a former Don to score against us & at likely a decent price for betting in recent times I would be surprised. 

I will certainly be taking a Considine anytime goal scorer in our games ?

Laughing at your own jokes again cause no one else is

15 hours ago, Helmet said:

I find it a bit disingenuous the way he says it was taken out of his hands and he had no decision to make- he was offered a deal and could have accepted that but didn't - that was his decision and he should accept the responsibility for his own actions imo.

Totally agree. Plus just cause he was offered a one year contract doesn't mean he wouldn't have been offered another year if he proved he was over his injury and still had the legs. Pretty standard stuff for a 35 year old.

Plus he was offered his coaching pathway. I'd imagine he's lost out financially by going to St Johnstone and tarnished his association with us a bit. Pretty stupid move on his part and sounds like he's trying to put the blame elsewhere cause he knows he's fucked up.

55 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Totally agree. Plus just cause he was offered a one year contract doesn't mean he wouldn't have been offered another year if he proved he was over his injury and still had the legs. Pretty standard stuff for a 35 year old.

Plus he was offered his coaching pathway. I'd imagine he's lost out financially by going to St Johnstone and tarnished his association with us a bit. Pretty stupid move on his part and sounds like he's trying to put the blame elsewhere cause he knows he's fucked up.

That;s my take on it too.. Didn't need to give that interview. Could have kept it respectful but he's trying to angle it that he's done nothing wrong. as i said yesterday, fuck him. He is absolutely no loss to the football club

15 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Well I don't know what really happened but it wasn't handled well especially as we still don't have a good replacement.Was Cormack involved?So we have lost miilne mcinness and Considine and at present seem to be a lot worse for it.

dearie me

• Like 1

Am i missing something. 

Considine was offered a contract prior to Goodwin coming in. 

His agent came back with a counter offer, and AFC took the opportunity to withdraw the contract offer as Goodwin didn't see Considine as being in his plans. 

I thought this was common knowledge that was aready out there. Not sure why the press and some supporters are treating Considine's comments as an exclusive revelation, as i thought we all ready knew what happened? 

50 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Well I don't know what really happened but it wasn't handled well especially as we still don't have a good replacement.Was Cormack involved?So we have lost miilne mcinness and Considine and at present seem to be a lot worse for it.

Pahahahaha

11 hours ago, Woolenrouge said:

A decent player would be a massive improvement on considine. 

it's a pity considine couldn't coach himself through games, as he made the same mistakes over and over again...

A lot of dewy eyed rose tinted spectacle pish spouted about Considine on here most of the time. It's as if most folk are continually overlooking how shite he was for at least 3/4's of his time with us. Most on here seem to have forgot his performances against Celtic when he would continually get sent off or give away a penalty or both. Celtic wingers must have loved playing against that big slow lumbering oaf.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, Dons79 said:

https://apple.news/AM9LH9r1SRmSp5gjt-yzEMw

considine saying he was forced out by Goodwin

On 6/19/2022 at 10:39 AM, beef_sister said:

Why should we pander to what a 34/35yr old player coming off the back of a serious injury wants? Fuck him. Celebrating mediocrity lauding players like that

On 6/19/2022 at 11:02 AM, Helmet said:

I find it a bit disingenuous the way he says it was taken out of his hands and he had no decision to make- he was offered a deal and could have accepted that but didn't - that was his decision and he should accept the responsibility for his own actions imo.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:34 PM, shooftahmooftah said:

Considine.  Stop babbling on like a 1 year old in his pram , sucking his dummy tit.    How many ordinary guys have worked for companies for 20 , 30 years here and overseas then they are told by e mail, we no longer require your services.    These same guys , women , etc etc. Did not have the chance to say goodbye to their workmates.   Considine get a F——G life move on and stop blaming others, your 36 and lucky to still  be kicking a fricking ball.  Others can’t walk and in wheelchairs. 

Agree with all of the above.

Particularly shooftahs bit about working for companies, as most on here do.

Welcome to the real world Andy.