Andy Considine

18 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I get what you are saying but to me it's no big deal. I remember years ago Fergus McCann had no problem telling the Celtic fans the reason why certain players were not given new contracts because they were being greedy and the club couldn't justify their demands. Goodwin feels let down by the leak and is defending the club and himself which in my opinion he has every right to do.

At least we have a good idea of what Considine has turned down which if the club had gone about it in the manner you suggest we would probably be left guessing and maybe wrongly assumed he was offered peanuts to stay. 

Feels like a knee jerk reaction to me. 

The club clearly expected Andy to stay and have been taken aback by him not accepting their offer. 

They're trying to control the narrative in a way which suggests they are a bit worried about the public reaction to him leaving. 

Stuff like this gets leaked all the time.  Why are they being so sensitive about this one?  They didn't complain about the Brown being canned leaks which started a few days before it was official. 

Bad move by Andy, bad PR from the club.

Although it's good to see an agent called out, it's a bit crass to divulge the numbers. Interesting to see them do this with the new PR person in. We can probably expect to see more of the same.

Now they have though,  2 years was asking a lot. If he was on £4k as some are suggesting, that was too much anyway,  let alone with the risk of him barely playing.

Struggling to see where he'll get a better deal to play at his age and with the recent major injury. Definitely not what he was after, unless he has something lined up overseas - Thailand maybe?

Which means it was probably a very generous offer in the first place.

It's a shame for Andy as he may have ended up getting 2 years by earning it next season and a possible 2nd testimonial at the end of that. The safety net of a coaching career if he's not getting games.

I wish him all the best, but it's time to move onto the next slow central defender / full back who can divide the fanbase for a few years.

Can't understand the fuss made about Considine. Personally, never rated him and can't believe he's remained at the club for so long. His agent has made him look a fool. I'll be delighted if he joins Hibs.

Goodwin was spot on with his statement. He's been let down by whoever made the leak.

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I'm fine with that but I think the numbers are too explicit.  

Unable to agree terms

Andy wants to play and I couldn't guarantee that. 

Thanks for his service, wish him well. 

Would have sufficed.  And been a bit classier. 

Considines party we’re the ones who leaked it. All the club is doing is laying the facts out clearly. 

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

What is the point of that article? The club explained that the deal he was offered reflected the fact Goodwin no longer considered him a starter/couldn’t guarantee he’d play!

No one should be guaranteed to play but if your offered a quarter of your wages you say ok I’ll drop to half, your work says no would you be happy. 

Also thought I might put up an article with mr considines side of things

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Unable to agree terms

His and his agents fault for going to the press with it, almost certain it would have played out the way you've described there had they not went off to Burns.

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

What is the point of that article? The club explained that the deal he was offered reflected the fact Goodwin no longer considered him a starter/couldn’t guarantee he’d play!

The point being that a lot of people were calling him greedy thinking he was asking for increased pay due to them not reading and/or understanding the wording of the statement. 

To be honest I think he’d have looked at a pay cut but they expected to negotiate more - a 1 year deal with potential 1 year extension would have suited all parties I’d imagine. Unfortunately it’s all got very messy, public and puts everyone involved in a rather bad light - imagine this playing out at ibrox, we’d be crucifying them.

Be interesting if we ever find out how it was ‘leaked’ & if it was indeed Considine/family/agent or if it was in fact some at the club & not ‘officially by club’ as they are saying.

Good way to get rid of the likes of Ojo etc. 

‘accidentally’ leak private information to the cleaner etc. & let her do her thaaang ?

8 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Bad move by Andy, bad PR from the club.

Although it's good to see an agent called out, it's a bit crass to divulge the numbers. Interesting to see them do this with the new PR person in. We can probably expect to see more of the same.

I agree. Don't see why any further details couldn't wait until Goodwin's press conference. 

I do wonder if it's Cormack going rogue, but if it's co-ordinated with Zoe Ogilvie, she's really not hitting the mark. 

Just now, Andy_123 said:

Saw a few twitter posts saying Scott Burns has now been banned from Pittodrie.

What an embarrassment of a club we are becoming if we have. Hun behaviour that.

Yeah saw those too but not seen it confirmed. Scott Burns is doing his job by reporting what he's told...by whoever that may be.

Classless statement and in poor Dave Cormack style of leaving out key details in order to try and trick fans into thinking the situation is different to what it is (i.e. Portray Considine as looking for a massive pay increase). 

Goodwin wants to be ruthless then fine, but he had better come up with something better than Dunne and Kennedy. Needs to seriously up his game because if he thinks that shite like that will cut it, then that lowly 30% win ratio isn't going to improve any time soon, and we all know what that means. 

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Unable to agree terms

Correct

Well I don't know about you guys but I do see a pattern here since Cormack came to power.

McInnes on last legs was leaked through that Tom English article.

The Glass appointment was leaked well before the so called process

The Scott Brown coming to Pittodrie was leaked almost before Glass officially got the job

The Mcgrath saga ending in the leak that his agent turned and wanted an improved offer ( sound familiar).

Now we have this toys out of the pram statement regarding another leak. One thing is for sure, all the above couldn't all have come from Andy's agent.

34 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

That’s mental! It was posted on AFC chat about 5 or 6 hours before Burns article was published online.

Would not surprise me if he read it on here first (before having it corroborated I’m sure!)…

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

And it all started with that shady cunt cormack! Hey maybe he'll stand outside pittodrie n hand out free tickets on sat? Nah no chance the tory voting cunt would do that. I think the yank wannabe should be hounded out our Club, and I also think once he's left' cormack Park should be renamed 

15 hours ago, DelMonte said:

? fucking hell!!!!

Whats the issue. I understand a footballer is different to an office worker for example. But.... the point stands. If you worked in an office / warehouse / shop etc...  turned 60 and your boss said look, we want you to do the same amount of work as you previously have been, work the same hours and the same intensity as you have been  but we're going to cut your wages from £40k a year to £20k would you just be like 'yeah fair do's, thats acceptable' or would you come back with a counter-offer?

Considine (and his agent) have clearly come back with a counter-offer which i'd be hugely surprised if still wasn't a fair amount less than he was previously on and the club have decided to throw him under the bus, convincing a proportion of our fan base that he's a greedy moneygrabber.

I actually have no issues with him going, good luck to him. but he should be leaving with the goodwill of all fans. That hasn't happened because of the statement released by the club which has turned 'some' fans against him.

I'd also still rather have him at the club for another year than Charles Dunne.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Whats the issue. I understand a footballer is different to an office worker for example. But.... the point stands. If you worked in an office / warehouse / shop etc...  turned 60 and your boss said look, we want you to do the same amount of work as you previously have been, work the same hours and the same intensity as you have been  but we're going to cut your wages from £40k a year to £20k would you just be like 'yeah fair do's, thats acceptable' or would you come back with a counter-offer?

Considine (and his agent) have clearly come back with a counter-offer which i'd be hugely surprised if still wasn't a fair amount less than he was previously on and the club have decided to throw him under the bus, convincing a proportion of our fan base that he's a greedy moneygrabber.

I actually have no issues with him going, good luck to him. but he should be leaving with the goodwill of all fans. That hasn't happened because of the statement released by the club which has turned 'some' fans against him.

FFS! Goodwin stated he was told he’d be a squad player and wouldn’t be guaranteed a game! Hence the lower rate offered.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Except he's been told that he wouldn't be playing regularly. So wouldn't have been doing anywhere near the same amount of work (well maybe if we had a couple of long term injuries to our centre-backs and it happened after the transfer window had closed he might have)

And when he was.....he was never particularly quick at doing that work throughout his career and it being a known fact that every player starts slowing down once into their mid thirties at the latest. So more than likely not as good as doing that work as he once was.

Whatever you think of Dunne.......and I suspect you don't know much......he's lightning quick in comparison to Considine. I'm not saying he was ever better than him in the past. But now I suspect he's a better option.

You are certainly correct that Consi should be leaving with the thanks and best wishes of all the support though

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It appears that you don't understand, as you're still repeating the same type of nonsense. 

Considine's ability to do his job has greatly diminished. He's been unable to do his job for a year due to injury. He's now so much less able to do his job that he's being offered a different role that pays less, while also being funded to train for a transition in to a new job  

Its not the same as an ordinary punter getting to  60 and being offered a wage cut. It's not even remotely similar and the fact you keep on repeating it only makes you look stupid. 

Fucking hell. This country. 

• Upvote 10
18 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

FFS! Goodwin stated he was told he’d be a squad player and wouldn’t be guaranteed a game! Hence the lower rate offered.

Maybe so but the lower wage wasn't mentioned in the release on the website, and Jim Goodwin has put his name to a Dave Cormack style statement that seeks to manipulate the perception of the situation.