Andy Considine

38 minutes ago, Subbuteo said:

Well I don't know about you guys but I do see a pattern here since Cormack came to power.

McInnes on last legs was leaked through that Tom English article.

The Glass appointment was leaked well before the so called process

The Scott Brown coming to Pittodrie was leaked almost before Glass officially got the job

The Mcgrath saga ending in the leak that his agent turned and wanted an improved offer ( sound familiar).

Now we have this toys out of the pram statement regarding another leak. One thing is for sure, all the above couldn't all have come from Andy's agent.

Very good point. You just know that prick cormack wouldn’t be able to keep his moo’ shut

32 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Whats the issue. I understand a footballer is different to an office worker for example. But.... the point stands. If you worked in an office / warehouse / shop etc...  turned 60 and your boss said look, we want you to do the same amount of work as you previously have been, work the same hours and the same intensity as you have been  but we're going to cut your wages from £40k a year to £20k would you just be like 'yeah fair do's, thats acceptable' or would you come back with a counter-offer?

Considine (and his agent) have clearly come back with a counter-offer which i'd be hugely surprised if still wasn't a fair amount less than he was previously on and the club have decided to throw him under the bus, convincing a proportion of our fan base that he's a greedy moneygrabber.

I actually have no issues with him going, good luck to him. but he should be leaving with the goodwill of all fans. That hasn't happened because of the statement released by the club which has turned 'some' fans against him.

I'd also still rather have him at the club for another year than Charles Dunne.

????????

is this serious

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It appears that you don't understand, as you're still repeating the same type of nonsense. 

Considine's ability to do his job has greatly diminished. He's been unable to do his job for a year due to injury. He's now so much less able to do his job that he's being offered a different role that pays less, while also being funded to train for a transition in to a new job  

Its not the same as an ordinary punter getting to  60 and being offered a wage cut. It's not even remotely similar and the fact you keep on repeating it only makes you look stupid. 

Fucking hell. This country. 

Of course i understand. I'm not saying he should have been offered more or even the same as he was. But you get offered new wages which are likely to be substantially less than you were previously on, you negotiate it. Surely thats common sense? He'd have been an idiot to roll over and just accept a (potentially) 50% pay cut without at least trying to negotiate for more. Thats not greed... that's not moneygrabbing. That's looking out for yourself and your family as your career as a footballer is coming to an end.

That's the only comparison i was making to an ordinary punter turning 60 and being offered a wage cut. You wouldn't just accept it without question.

Sadly the club with the statement that was released yesterday (which didn't need to mention finances at all) have made him look as if he's been holding the club to ransom by asking for an extortionate amount of money as wages when this likely wasn't the case at all.

42 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Whats the issue. I understand a footballer is different to an office worker for example. But.... the point stands. If you worked in an office / warehouse / shop etc...  turned 60 and your boss said look, we want you to do the same amount of work as you previously have been, work the same hours and the same intensity as you have been  but we're going to cut your wages from £40k a year to £20k would you just be like 'yeah fair do's, thats acceptable' or would you come back with a counter-offer?

Considine (and his agent) have clearly come back with a counter-offer which i'd be hugely surprised if still wasn't a fair amount less than he was previously on and the club have decided to throw him under the bus, convincing a proportion of our fan base that he's a greedy moneygrabber.

I actually have no issues with him going, good luck to him. but he should be leaving with the goodwill of all fans. That hasn't happened because of the statement released by the club which has turned 'some' fans against him.

You're also not taking into account that a footballer is on a fixed term, generally performance based contract and the new contract is negotiated based on the circumstances at the time. The office / warehouse / shop worker you described generally is not. Football players know what they're getting into, this is not new.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, Subbuteo said:

Well I don't know about you guys but I do see a pattern here since Cormack came to power.

McInnes on last legs was leaked through that Tom English article.

The Glass appointment was leaked well before the so called process

The Scott Brown coming to Pittodrie was leaked almost before Glass officially got the job

The Mcgrath saga ending in the leak that his agent turned and wanted an improved offer ( sound familiar).

Now we have this toys out of the pram statement regarding another leak. One thing is for sure, all the above couldn't all have come from Andy's agent.

I could blow all of these out of the water but what's the point.

11 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Very good point. You just know that prick cormack wouldn’t be able to keep his moo’ shut

Ah yes there were never any 'leaks' from the club before Cormack was involved. 

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

????????

is this serious

Maybe... just maybe some people aren't clever enough to understand. In NO job (footballer or not) would you just accept a potentially large wage cut without at least negotiating it. Its not that hard to understand.

Do some people genuinely think that as he's now 35 he should just have snapped their hand off at whatever amount they offered him?

The fact that the club have gone public on this... with vague references to finances has thrown Considine under the bus.

As has been pointed out the clubs claim of a 6 figure offer could simply be £2k a week. He may have previously been on £4k a week for all we know. Requesting a 50% increase on the offer would have taken it up to £3k a week which would still be a £52k a year wage cut. The club have cleverly worded it so that the idiots in our support think he was being greedy and after an extortionate amount of money when the likelihood is this wasn't the case.

37 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Clearly not going by what you've written afterwards.

For starters, Considine is OUT OF CONTRACT in the summer. You can't compare that to someone whos been working in an office on a permanent contract. It would be comparable to a contractor who has a contract for a set period of time. If an office had a contractors contract coming to an end and the boss didn't have much work for him in the next 12 months, then he's well within his rights to go "off you pop". 

Considine is being offered another year on what sounds like a squad wage AND they are going to pay for his coaching badges, which will be into the thousands when you include memberships etc. He'd then be offered a role as a coach. 

He's also just come back from a bad injury. We've absolutely no idea what extent that is going to cause to his ability to come back and play professionally, especially at his age.

How can you  possibly suggest that he's been "thrown under the bus" 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

You're also not taking into account that a footballer is on a fixed term, generally performance based contract and the new contract is negotiated based on the circumstances at the time. The office / warehouse / shop worker you described generally is not. Football players know what they're getting into, this is not new.

But they would still be expected to negotiate and not just accept whatever offer is put in front of them?

13 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

That’s an interesting one.  I largely agree other than to say I consider a stalwart just to be a wage earner.  Does his job, gets paid, goes home, Kind of thing.  Consi’s got that local hero thing going, a touch of the underdog, some frailties that make everyone who was decent at school think “what might have been.”  

Always said it.  Honest guy asked to play in a position he was never suited to and always gave 100% often in pretty trying circumstances.

I know where your coming from... A legend to me would have to have won multiple honours, Been part of a successful side and made a big difference to the team. I don't think Considine ticks any of that boxes. Everyone's definition is different i suppose but personally, id never class him as a legend

I don't think he'll be missed as much as what some folk are making out. Could it have been handled better? Definitely, but it's done now so we move on. He'll get a good reception on the last day of the season i'm sure and then we move on to sort out this shit show for next season

The club didn't complain about the Scott Brown leaks which came out a few days before he got binned. 

But they seem affy sensitive to the Considine leaks. 

Would that be because the club leaked the Scott Brown stuff? 

The club need to behave a bit more classy in the media. That statement sounds like something the Huns would put out. Need to be above all that muck raking.

Totally smacks of Cormack not being happy unless he is in full control of the narrative and asking for a knee jerk statement to be put out. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Maybe... just maybe some people aren't clever enough to understand. In NO job (footballer or not) would you just accept a potentially large wage cut without at least negotiating it. Its not that hard to understand.

Do some people genuinely think that as he's now 35 he should just have snapped their hand off at whatever amount they offered him?

The fact that the club have gone public on this... with vague references to finances has thrown Considine under the bus.

As has been pointed out the clubs claim of a 6 figure offer could simply be £2k a week. He may have previously been on £4k a week for all we know. Requesting a 50% increase on the offer would have taken it up to £3k a week which would still be a £52k a year wage cut. The club have cleverly worded it so that the idiots in our support think he was being greedy and after an extortionate amount of money when the likelihood is this wasn't the case.

Some people aren't clever enough to understand that he's out of contract at the end of the season and that the club has absolutely no obligation to offer him ANYTHING, let alone 100k+ for the year when he's been told he won't be playing much. 

He could quite easily have been told "you are surplus to requirements" and let go, but he was given another years contract on what sounds like squad wages, rather than first team / top earner wages and the club were assisting in helping him do his coaching badges for the future. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Clearly not going by what you've written afterwards.

For starters, Considine is OUT OF CONTRACT in the summer. You can't compare that to someone whos been working in an office on a permanent contract. It would be comparable to a contractor who has a contract for a set period of time. If an office had a contractors contract coming to an end and the boss didn't have much work for him in the next 12 months, then he's well within his rights to go "off you pop". 

Considine is being offered another year on what sounds like a squad wage AND they are going to pay for his coaching badges, which will be into the thousands when you include memberships etc. He'd then be offered a role as a coach. 

He's also just come back from a bad injury. We've absolutely no idea what extent that is going to cause to his ability to come back and play professionally, especially at his age.

How can you  possibly suggest that he's been "thrown under the bus" 

What have i writeen afterwards that contradicts this? Anyone in any job whether permanent contract, short term contract or whatever is well within their rights to negotiate if they are offered a lower wage. It appears this is what Considine and his agent have done.

You really don't think the statement released yesterday has thrown him under the bus?

5 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

What have i writeen afterwards that contradicts this? Anyone in any job whether permanent contract, short term contract or whatever is well within their rights to negotiate if they are offered a lower wage. It appears this is what Considine and his agent have done.

You really don't think the statement released yesterday has thrown him under the bus?

You were comparing an office worker with a footballer on a contract. Two completely different scenarios. 

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

But they would still be expected to negotiate and not just accept whatever offer is put in front of them?

Yes, negotiation is expected. But do you really think they've just put the contract in front of him and said that's what it is? There will have been discussion surrounding. "We can't guarantee you game time, you've been out for 8 months, this is the style we're going forward with, we'll support you in a coaching role etc." Reasonable negotation at that point is probably not to ask for an extra 50%. Again, football players surely come to expect this at the age of 35 after months out with a serious injury.

5 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I know where your coming from... A legend to me would have to have won multiple honours, Been part of a successful side and made a big difference to the team. I don't think Considine ticks any of that boxes. Everyone's definition is different i suppose but personally, id never class him as a legend

I don't think he'll be missed as much as what some folk are making out. Could it have been handled better? Definitely, but it's done now so we move on. He'll get a good reception on the last day of the season i'm sure and then we move on to sort out this shit show for next season

Legends come in many many forms.

Take Simmie for example. A double whammy legend right there if ever there was one. 
player & hun leg snapper.

Fkr should have gotten a second testimonial for services above & beyond.

8 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

You were comparing an office worker with a footballer on a contract. Two completely different scenarios. 

I was comparing anyone who was coming to the end of the career in their chosen profession who was told they would need to take a large wage cut to keep their job. Would take a special kind of stupid to just accept it without negotiation.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The club didn't complain about the Scott Brown leaks which came out a few days before he got binned. 

But they seem affy sensitive to the Considine leaks. 

Would that be because the club leaked the Scott Brown stuff? 

The club need to behave a bit more classy in the media. That statement sounds like something the Huns would put out. Need to be above all that muck raking.

Totally smacks of Cormack not being happy unless he is in full control of the narrative and asking for a knee jerk statement to be put out. 

Or maybe the club are fed up of agents taking the piss then running their mouths off?

2 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

Although not explicitly stated, I thought it was obvious.

Judging from the statement, Goodwin has a bit of a nasty streak. Moving forward that's what we need.

Not really obvious, and i think deliberate, in order to create a perception that Considine was looking for a significant wage increase. It is in line with past statements, such as Cormack attempting to manipulate the Stephen Glass rumour issue, by framing the question and answer only in terms of the week leading up to his appointment. 

6 figure sum over 1 year (not sure if the coaching fees/side was included in that wide ranging figure) could work out at anywhere in the range of just under £2k a week to around £24k a week ? so I am pretty damn sure it would be closer to the prior ?

Asking for more money is pretty much normal as I am sure it would be a fairly significant drop from what he was getting, so fair enough to ask but asking for a two year deal at his age & just back from serious injury is just taking the piss. Especially when he happily accepted (& even said so) just a one year deal last year.

he/his family/agent fkd up big time if they leaked it.

can understand his audacity at requesting more money (not the length of contract) even just as a thank you for long service. Especially after he’s witnessed what/who went before him getting rewarded for continued injury with new contracts & support from club. Reynolds/Devlin & probably many more that contributed a lot less to the club over the years than Considine did.

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Not really obvious, and i think deliberate, in order to create a perception that Considine was looking for a significant wage increase. It is in line with past statements, such as Cormack attempting to manipulate the Stephen Glass rumour issue, by framing the question and answer only in terms of the week leading up to his appointment. 

The statement reads, to me anyways, that they are having a go at the person leaking the information and Considines Agent (very possibly they are the same person), rather than the player himself. I do think the statement could have simply had a go at the person who leaked the information, rather than going into details on the contract, but I'm guessing they wanted to clear it up so that the club didn't look like they were simply telling Considine that he was surplus to requirements. 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

6 figure sum over 1 year (not sure if the coaching fees/side was included in that wide ranging figure) could work out at anywhere in the range of just under £2k a week to around £24k a week ? so I am pretty damn sure it would be closer to the prior ?

Asking for more money is pretty much normal as I am sure it would be a fairly significant drop from what he was getting, so fair enough to ask but asking for a two year deal at his age & just back from serious injury is just taking the piss. Especially when he happily accepted (& even said so) just a one year deal last year.

he/his family/agent fkd up big time if they leaked it.

can understand his audacity at requesting more money (not the length of contract) even just as a thank you for long service. Especially after he’s witnessed what/who went before him getting rewarded for continued injury with new contracts & support from club. Reynolds/Devlin & probably many more that contributed a lot less to the club over the years than Considine did.

Devlin is not getting a 6 figure sum though. 

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Seriously, you’re not worth engaging with in a proper debate if you can’t understand that a job as a footballer is totally different to normal jobs. There’s no ifs or buts, it’s a totally retarded comparison.

8 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Devlin is not getting a 6 figure sum though. 

I’m sure he’s not but it’s all relative really.

Pretty sure he was getting a decent wage at first which likely reduced with each new contract whilst injured over time. 
He’s probably been given more new contracts (whilst still injured) than any other player in the club’s history.

Considine (whilst it was a serious injury especially at his age) could at least make the point he is currently actually fit during time of contract negotiations 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

Seriously, you’re not worth engaging with in a proper debate if you can’t understand that a job as a footballer is totally different to normal jobs. There’s no ifs or buts, it’s a totally retarded comparison.

The point is, if you weren't too obtuse to realise it is that NOBODY in ANY PROFESSION should just accept a large pay cut without at least negotiating it. You clearly think footballers are an exception and when they are coming to the end of their career they should just accept whatever offer is put in front of them. Even if his squad status was changing you would still expect him to negotiate.

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

The statement reads, to me anyways, that they are having a go at the person leaking the information and Considines Agent (very possibly they are the same person), rather than the player himself. I do think the statement could have simply had a go at the person who leaked the information, rather than going into details on the contract, but I'm guessing they wanted to clear it up so that the club didn't look like they were simply telling Considine that he was surplus to requirements. 

Flip side is that Cormack could be very capable of allowing (even manipulating) said leak & then using it as an excuse to pull contract offer & bin a long serving popular (to many but not all) player & cover it by making it the players fault so the fans that like Considine don’t turn on the club. 

bottom line is the club shouldn’t be releasing said statement as is without actual substance. The leak obviously is shit & unprofessional but the club statement is very petty (in attempt to save face) & unprofessional also. 

This will come out eventually in more detail (I hope) because neither side looks good in this & the culprit/leak gets off scot free. 
Even if it was his agent & Considine bins him,  all he is losing is a player at end of career he would likely only see one more contract %  with (unless Considine does go into coaching/management)

So if it is the agent then Considine needs to name/shame him for his actions & hopefully the cunt loses other players from his portfolio as a result & clubs refuse to deal with him in future 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The point is, if you weren't too obtuse to realise it is that NOBODY in ANY PROFESSION should just accept a large pay cut without at least negotiating it. You clearly think footballers are an exception and when they are coming to the end of their career they should just accept whatever offer is put in front of them. Even if his squad status was changing you would still expect him to negotiate.

You are broken.