Andy Considine

I will be amazed if this shitshow is ANY of Considine’s doing. He’s far too nice & loves the club. Fkr won’t even swear ffs ?

Maybe an angry wife? Bitter at new offer.  But most likely the agent or actually was someone at the club but cannot be ‘proven’ 

if it was the agent (or just a snake at club) then he/she needs to be outed. 

16 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

As has been pointed out the clubs claim of a 6 figure offer could simply be £2k a week. He may have previously been on £4k a week for all we know. Requesting a 50% increase on the offer would have taken it up to £3k a week which would still be a £52k a year wage cut. The club have cleverly worded it so that the idiots in our support think he was being greedy and after an extortionate amount of money when the likelihood is this wasn't the case.

I think everyone understands the numbers involved. You saying they don't is just something you've made up. 

He got offered a very fair deal. He didn't want it. Both parties said "oh well, that's that then. We'll meet to agree a statement" 

Details that Consi is leaving then turn up in the papers. Doesn't look great on him nor his agent. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think everyone understands the numbers involved. You saying they don't is just something you've made up. 

He got offered a very fair deal. He didn't want it. Both parties said "oh well, that's that then. We'll meet to agree a statement" 

Details that Consi is leaving then turn up in the papers. Doesn't look great on him nor his agent. 

Could be he was offered half what he was earning. £2k  (plausible that he was on £4k) & he asked for (as the club said) 50% more than offered (£3k) per week. Not unreasonable. It’s there to be negotiated. 
2 year thing is a crazy request ‘demand’ though 

I have no issue with anything other than the cunt that leaked all this

8 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You are broken.

And you clearly don't have the brain capacity to understand negotiations. Fair enough, maybe your happy with flipping burgers at McDonald for the rest of your life. At least you know they'll never be able to offer you a 50% pay cut on minimum wage so you'll not have to worry about negotiating it.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

And you clearly don't have the brain capacity to understand negotiations. Fair enough, maybe your happy with flipping burgers at McDonald for the rest of your life. At least you know they'll never be able to offer you a 50% pay cut on minimum wage so you'll not have to worry about negotiating it.

You are the one that thinks footballers should be getting more money as they get older and are in decline, so don't preach to me about brain capacity you clown. 

• Haha 8

Are you trying to compete with me for shite posts? 

Settle doon petal. That’s a good attempt I’ll admit but consistency is hard. Just to let you know this will be no walk over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You are the one that thinks footballers should be getting more money as they get older and are in decline, so don't preach to me about brain capacity you clown. 

Where did i ever say they should get more money as they get older? Can you read? There's a high likelihood the offer they made him was a lot less than he was previously on and just as likely that even with the 50% increase on the offer that Considine and his agent tried to negotiate to it would still have been substanially less than he was previously on. i highly doubt they would have asked for a pay rise for 2 more seasons where he would likely be a squad player.

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Where did i ever say they should get more money as they get older? Can you read? There's a high likelihood the offer they made him was a lot less than he was previously on and just as likely that even with the 50% increase on the offer that Considine and his agent tried to negotiate to it would still have been substanially less than he was previously on. i highly doubt they would have asked for a pay rise for 2 more seasons where he would likely be a squad player.

You still don't think 2k a week(absolute minimum to take him to 6 figures a year), a coaching role and paying for his coaching badges is a good enough "effort" from the club for a 35 year old who has been out for a year. That's your opinion but you are clearly outnumbered so give it a rest. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

You still don't think 2k a week(absolute minimum to take him to 6 figures a year), a coaching role and paying for his coaching badges is a good enough "effort" from the club for a 35 year old who has been out for a year. That's your opinion but you are clearly outnumbered so give it a rest. 

I think it’s more a point of principle rather than him needing the money. 

Doubt he needs the cash that badly 

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think it’s more a point of principle rather than him needing the money. 

Doubt he needs the cash that badly 

End of the day considine chose to counter the offer that we rejected. Could he have accepted the original offer? Who knows but I guess after their "meeting" and Goodwin saying they were still apart it looks like considine wasn't willing to accept the original offer.

30 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well said park life.  Considine and his agent need to get back in the park and stick the dummies in their moos.   Let’s face it considine wasn’t the greatest only some of the time. 

Again i've never once said that 2k a week isn't an acceptable figure. I've said that if you were previously on 4k a week and were offered 2k a week its common sense to negotiate. Clearly negotiations have taken place and broken down and he's leaving the club. The statement released yesterday has been worded with vague references to finances and percentages to make it look (to the dumber element of our support) that Considine has been greedy in demanding more than he's worth.

He should have considered himself lucky he was ever on 4k IMO.

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Again i've never once said that 2k a week isn't an acceptable figure. I've said that if you were previously on 4k a week and were offered 2k a week its common sense to negotiate. Clearly negotiations have taken place and broken down and he's leaving the club. The statement released yesterday has been worded with vague references to finances and percentages to make it look (to the dumber element of our support) that Considine has been greedy in demanding more than he's worth.

If Goodwin ends up proving himself as mixture between Turnbull and Ferguson in management style I will not be complaining. 

If Andy had negotiated terms on a 1 year contract reckon Goodwin and club would have been reasonable on such a basis.

What is the point of an agent, especially when you are 35? Are football players really that lazy/thick (delete as appropriate).

People in the real world don't have agents. 

Definitely a layer of bureaucracy we can do without.

Does nothing but create problems eg. Strachan's potential transfer to Cologne back in day, Ferguson's tool of a Hun agent trying to get him sold on the cheap etc etc.

13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

End of the day considine chose to counter the offer that we rejected. Could he have accepted the original offer? Who knows but I guess after their "meeting" and Goodwin saying they were still apart it looks like considine wasn't willing to accept the original offer.

They hadn’t finished negotiating so they probably could/would have come to a compromise. Issues has been ‘the leak’ & I very much doubt that was any of Considine’s doing

• Upvote 1
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would we boo him?

Amd he will be in the squad. 

Some for fun, some to be cunts. Some to feel included, some because they are wasted & have no clue why.

Just a few examples. We have a very varied support group.

You cannot figure that out yourself?

jeeeesh ?

Just now, minijc said:

You are embarrassing yourself again FnD

Trust me. I certainly am not. 
Your need to try & feel important through  being ‘ITK’ is the only embarrassing thing here for you. 
we are all just speculating on a very current topic to which you are wanking into your crusty sock over

I'd be very surprised if he wasn't offered the going rate for a recently injured journeyman CH in the twilight of his career. I seriously doubt he'll get a better offer anywhere else, it's not as if SPFL chairmen and mangers will be snapping to attention at the thought of Andy Considine being available.

There's no room for sentimentality in football. He was made an offer and made a counter-offer which was rejected. End of story, we move on.

I think the negotiation on salary bit is fine. They've offered him a cut and he was trying to keep that cut as low as possible. 

I suspect Hayes has agreed a 3k per week deal and they were trying to achieve parity due to being similar ages etc. 

I'm surprised about the 2 year bit as he happily extended by one year previously. This leads me to suspect he's been offered 2 years somewhere else and they were trying to see if the club would match that. 

Otherwise you'd think if he didn't have something else on the table he would have backtracked and taken the one year offer at the meeting on Monday.