Andy Considine

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think the negotiation on salary bit is fine. They've offered him a cut and he was trying to keep that cut as low as possible. 

I suspect Hayes has agreed a 3k per week deal and they were trying to achieve parity due to being similar ages etc. 

I'm surprised about the 2 year bit as he happily extended by one year previously. This leads me to suspect he's been offered 2 years somewhere else and they were trying to see if the club would match that. 

Otherwise you'd think if he didn't have something else on the table he would have backtracked and taken the one year offer at the meeting on Monday. 

I struggle to believe if he has got an offer of a 2 year contract elsewhere it will be on anything like £2K a week with his coaching badges included, nor the pathway to coaching we've offered, nor probably a job for life he would have got with us.

Anyway, as I said before the guy is a serial loser who stank the place out for about 75% of his time with us and has been the one constant in nearly every single shit show we've had to endure the last 20 years. All the best Andy, bye now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If Goodwin ends up proving himself as mixture between Turnbull and Ferguson in management style I will not be complaining. 

If Andy had negotiated terms on a 1 year contract reckon Goodwin and club would have been reasonable on such a basis.

What is the point of an agent, especially when you are 35? Are football players really that lazy/thick (delete as appropriate).

People in the real world don't have agents. 

Definitely a layer of bureaucracy we can do without.

Does nothing but create problems eg. Strachan's potential transfer to Cologne back in day, Ferguson's tool of a Hun agent trying to get him sold on the cheap etc etc.

Good point - unless you are wanting someone to tout you round other clubs to get you the best deal possible, surely all the agent does is take a wedge of your wage. Having been here for 100 years already, I'm sure Andy could have just knocked the door and said - "I'd really like to stay another year or two, what can you offer me?" Could've saved himself a few quid. Now he's going to have a nightmare finding another club getting paid a similar amount, plus all the hassle of having a commute to training every day, or moving house for the sake of the final season or so of his career. 

All the greeting over Andy fuckin Considine. Shows how far this club has fallen. IMO he was a donkey in his prime and has ony looked half decent over recent seasons due to the utter dross we have had in defence beside him. For AFC to even offer him a deal when hes 35 and after an being out for a season with an ACL injury is a joke in itself. He should have snapped AFC hand off at any offer ffs. He has no bargaining power. Its not like clubs are queuing up to counter aberdeen offer. What a fud. His legacy will be a viral video. Get some perspective folks. he's easily replaced. 

• Upvote 7
Just now, Redmist1903 said:

I struggle to believe if he has got an offer of a 2 year contract elsewhere it will be on anything like £2K a week with his coaching badges included, nor the pathway to coaching we've offered, nor probably a job for life he would have got with us. 

Yeah it's unlikely he'd get a 2 year deal somewhere else on that money. 

Depends what's most important to him at this point though, maybe he wants to play for 2 more years. 

We'll find out soon enough when his next move is announced. 

38 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It’s some achievement tbf. To be played and rated by every AFC manager over that period but yet to be so mediocre that no other club shows an interest is outstanding,

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/11/25/doug-considine-says-rangers-wanted-his-son-andrew-considine/?amp

that’s two clubs that wanted him at least.

Rangers (as a youth player) & Sevco back in 2017

Were Hearts not interested as well at one stage ?

11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It wasn't his agent that went to press by all accounts.

Massive leak at the club, and rumours who I hear things from - the smiley gunn man is no angel when distributing information at the club.

If it's not Andy and his agent that have leaked this to the press then the club have definitely jumped the gun by sharing an employee's financial details in a club statement. 

Not a good look for the club either way. 

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The point is, if you weren't too obtuse to realise it is that NOBODY in ANY PROFESSION should just accept a large pay cut without at least negotiating it. You clearly think footballers are an exception and when they are coming to the end of their career they should just accept whatever offer is put in front of them. Even if his squad status was changing you would still expect him to negotiate.

Trust me here, you aren’t more intelligent than everyone here who’s slagging you off for the crap comparison. It’s you who’s wrong and being stupid. Sooner you realise the better.

4 hours ago, Subbuteo said:

Well I don't know about you guys but I do see a pattern here since Cormack came to power.

McInnes on last legs was leaked through that Tom English article.

The Glass appointment was leaked well before the so called process

The Scott Brown coming to Pittodrie was leaked almost before Glass officially got the job

The Mcgrath saga ending in the leak that his agent turned and wanted an improved offer ( sound familiar).

Now we have this toys out of the pram statement regarding another leak. One thing is for sure, all the above couldn't all have come from Andy's agent.

Are you agent Mulder?

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

That Ogilvie woman has been a gr8 success

NOT

Considine and his agent have made a howler here but I agree, she's been a nightmare. The public relations stuff since she's been in role have generally been embarrassing.

Married to a Hun and was the one who was deleting Hun related tweets after she got the job.

50 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Trust me here, you aren’t more intelligent than everyone here who’s slagging you off for the crap comparison. It’s you who’s wrong and being stupid. Sooner you realise the better.

Never claimed i was more intelligent than everyone, however you're the one that doesn't understand what a negotiation is. So i'm clearly more intelligent than you.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

It wasn't his agent that went to press by all accounts.

Massive leak at the club, and rumours who I hear things from - the smiley gunn man is no angel when distributing information at the club.

? I don’t care that that is ? 

I’m running with it anyway because I don’t like the group of Cormack arse kickers he’s brought in. Smarmy fkrs. Some could even be his love child’s they’re so similar to him

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He’ll end up at Dundee Utd.

Too much of a risk for an SPL club to dish out a 2 year deal after his injury. No one knows if his knee will stand up to the rigours of full time training and playing week in, week out. 

The club just up the road from them is probably as good as he's going to get. 

44 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Hence why I said classless statement previously.

Spoke to a close friend of Andy and gathered thoughts from it.

Never mind.

All the best to him. I'll always love the bugger. 

Folk from Aberdeen giving him abuse always makes me laugh. Lived the dream like what most proper Aiberdeen fans would love... but ach they can stick to wanking themselves silly watching Babestation.

Sir Andy. ????. Yeah I know, not quite but I loved him.

Why?

He was an average centre half / fullback who has had a couple of half decent seasons. won one trophy in that time, Contributed to some of the worst football we had under McGhee, Bottled numerous semi finals / finals, The list goes on..... Are folk not allowed to criticise him because he's Aberdonian? Fucking mental the amount of folk who are turning him into a lynchpin of our team for the last 18 years?

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Anyway, as I said before the guy is a serial loser who stank the place out for about 75% of his time with us and has been the one constant in nearly every single shit show we've had to endure the last 20 years. All the best Andy, bye now.

It’s bit of a misnomer the club saying about his coaching badges they don’t cost that much to get. 

The statement is all smoke and mirrors. It would of been more true if it just said after Goodwin arrived he decided he didn’t want Andy in the squad 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

It’s bit of a misnomer the club saying about his coaching badges they don’t cost that much to get. 

The statement is all smoke and mirrors. It would of been more true if it just said after Goodwin arrived he decided he didn’t want Andy in the squad 

Thought he had already started his badges anyway 

3 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Local lad done good, I get that

But the reaction it's getting that we've released a player who's coming to the end of his career is absurd. I could understand it if he was by far the best player in our squad, The reality is, He's not, You speak about managers, Goodwin clearly thinks he's a squad player so i presume he knows more than you and i about how he wants to take the team forward. I'll trust him on this one.

Yes me too.

But the reaction it's getting that we've released a player who's coming to the end of his career is absurd. I could understand it if he was by far the best player in our squad, The reality is, He's not, You speak about managers, Goodwin clearly thinks he's a squad player so i presume he knows more than you and i about how he wants to take the team forward. I'll trust him on this one.

11 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

I actually don't think too many people have issues with him being released. Its the way its been handled by the club with the pathetic hunnish statement being released yesterday with insinuations but no context, that has many people turning against a guy who has given 18 years to the club.

7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I haven't reacted in any way like he's the best player. I don't think that, I would like to think I understand fitba a bit better.

I'm gutted he is going because fucking love Consi but it isn't coming as a shock.

I think it's classless statement from the club.

I also mentioned some of the criticism from local gadgies is wild cause you and I would love to be in that position for 18 years. I always think local cunts for Aiberdeen get so much more criticism than other players. 

I trust every manager more than me or you, Goodwin included. It's pissed Goodwin off but from the understanding I have, it's the leak closer IN the club and not his agent.

I'm not meaning you specifically, just in general. 18yrs is some going but it has to end at some point.

Personally i don't think the statement is too bad IF it's came from his agent or someone close to him. You said you've spoken to someone close to him regarding it.. What's to say he's not talking shite to cover for Considine or his agent? it's all conjecture. We've pandered to players for years it seems and been made a cunt of. Now we've came out and said something along the lines of " He had this option, Didn't like it, countered and then we've taken the offer off the table" Goodwin is obviously raging and released that statement to back the club up. 'll take Aberdeen's side over Considine any day i'm afraid.

Of course they get more grief, Doesn;t mean it's right but i'd say it's more to do with them being more relatable to the fan base rather than some object from Belgium who can't string two passes together. But you're right. i'd have done anything to play for Aberdeen the length of time he has.