Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IWannaBeADon

Andy Considine

Recommended Posts

He would be. He reports to him and its a significant role at the club. The guy Gunn is apparently a nice lad but he's a nodding dog for Cormack. If we changed DoF then I wouldn't be concerned.

However, it's convenient for an agent, family member or someone close to Considine to blame Gunn.

The reality is that Andy and his agent fucked it big time.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, brownie said:

He would be. He reports to him and its a significant role at the club. The guy Gunn is apparently a nice lad but he's a nodding dog for Cormack. If we changed DoF then I wouldn't be concerned.

However, it's convenient for an agent, family member or someone close to Considine to blame Gunn.

The reality is that Andy and his agent fucked it big time.

 

 

 

I'm not sure what the point in a DoF is now that we have Goodwin in charge. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'm not sure what the point in a DoF is now that we have Goodwin in charge. 

Aye Goodwin strikes me as a bit old school, like Fergie or Jim McLean in a way in that he wants to control everything football related.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye Goodwin strikes me as a bit old school, like Fergie or Jim McLean in a way in that he wants to control everything football related.

Exactly. There's no way that Steven Gunn will be in charge of anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Exactly. There's no way that Steven Gunn will be in charge of anything. 

Back to booking hotels, buses and flights for Gunner now.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, brownie said:

He would be. He reports to him and its a significant role at the club. The guy Gunn is apparently a nice lad but he's a nodding dog for Cormack. If we changed DoF then I wouldn't be concerned.

However, it's convenient for an agent, family member or someone close to Considine to blame Gunn.

The reality is that Andy and his agent fucked it big time.

 

 

 

Impossible....

Some have spoken to one of Considine's mates and they've said that never happened and it was a leak from the club. Surely Sir Andy's mates are all posh, salt of the earth type chaps that are beyond reproach... Or, They are talking out their arse and don't know whats been going on, Or fed a false narrative to cover big Andy's fuck up. Deals off the table, He's gone, Who cares, Not me in the slightest

Roll on next season😎

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Can anyone tell me who was the complete donkey who broke his leg for Dundee??

No takers?

the useless cunt for Dundee who broke considines leg was none other than….

declan gallagher 

Edited by Byrne Baby Byrne

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Has Considine left? To be fair he was pretty... rubbish. Thanks.

Edited by alscotoz

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Impossible....

Some have spoken to one of Considine's mates and they've said that never happened and it was a leak from the club. Surely Sir Andy's mates are all posh, salt of the earth type chaps that are beyond reproach... Or, They are talking out their arse and don't know whats been going on, Or fed a false narrative to cover big Andy's fuck up. Deals off the table, He's gone, Who cares, Not me in the slightest

Roll on next season😎

Aye, all salt of the type chaps beyond reproach 

They wouldn’t all dress up as tarts or anything ridiculous like that

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wherever Andy goes, I go.

Legend.

Before any one gets their frillies tied up in knots, it's tongue in cheek. Precious bunch. 😂😘.

Share this post


Link to post

Deserved a better ending than getting injured and having to watch this shit show of a team from the bench.

Good luck at Cove next season if you’re knee is still in one piece.

Share this post


Link to post

Has any other SPL defender ever scored a hat-trick in a league match? No penalties either. Certainly no other player springs to mind in the modern era.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2022 at 5:35 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You have no right to be speaking about idiots when you are comparing the career of a professional athlete to an office worker 😂 he’s 35 years old and has just missed an entire season. I doubt many clubs would be offering him a 2 year deal. Even Ryan giggs was only getting 1 year deals at Man U at that age. 
 

Considine has every right to ask for more money. Aberdeen have every right to say no and end negotiations based on that. There's nothing much more to it. 
 

fuck knows where he’ll end up. Think I recall a 33 or so year old Derek Whyte rejecting an extension with us and he ended up going to Partick for a season and getting relegated 

And then he went to the papers crying that we hadn't met his wage demands, and thusly WE had forced HIM out of the club. 

Fuck that guy. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Has any other SPL defender ever scored a hat-trick in a league match? No penalties either. Certainly no other player springs to mind in the modern era.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t really care how others feel about Considine. He is an Aberdeen legend.

Just because we have had plenty far better players more worthy of that label doesn’t mean he cannot also be one. This is where far too many are indeed still stuck in the past & thinking Aberdeen are still a huge club full of international players. Shit clubs with zero honours & history also have legends as players. Look at Goodwin. He is a St Mirren legend.

 

Considine scored 41 goals for us. Some of them (a good few) were massive goals as well. He was player of the year 3 times for us which is all the more impressive for a CH & especially a CH that has spent so many seasons playing LB. He’s in our top five for appearances for Aberdeen. 
 

Aberdeen as a club have been shite/also rans for his whole career & even 10 years before he made his debut but that shouldn’t reflect badly on just him & take anything away from what he has been for us. 
 

The arrogance/ignorance towards his 18 years or whatever for us reflects badly on some fans that literally are still stuck in the past. Basically thinking that only players that played under Fergie should be classed as ‘legends’ 

Legends take many forms & he is a legend in many ways. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post

Let’s see how his coaching career goes. Hopefully he has a better career in that than he did as a player & that would be very impressive. 
Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back at the club in the years to come in some form or another. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

That should have been easier for me to find out than I made it seem then haha

I did think it couldn't have been that common. Fair play to him.

Edited by TheRedPrawcess

Share this post


Link to post

He’s a modern day legend for us younger fans who weren’t around in the 80’s. Along with Anderson and Jess.

570+ appearances won’t be done again

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

That should have been easier for me to find out than I made it seem then haha

I did think it couldn't have been that common. Fair play to him.

Pretty sure Tod was a big huddy that used to blooter penalties for Dunfermline so I doubt he even scored a hat trick like Andys'

Share this post


Link to post

Good luck to the lad. Almost 600 appearances and 40 odd goals is a great effort. Always gave his all in whatever position he was asked to play. 

Hope he manages a couple of years somewhere else before he hangs up his boots. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t really care how others feel about Considine. He is an Aberdeen legend.

Just because we have had plenty far better players more worthy of that label doesn’t mean he cannot also be one. This is where far too many are indeed still stuck in the past & thinking Aberdeen are still a huge club full of international players. Shit clubs with zero honours & history also have legends as players. Look at Goodwin. He is a St Mirren legend.

 

Considine scored 41 goals for us. Some of them (a good few) were massive goals as well. He was player of the year 3 times for us which is all the more impressive for a CH & especially a CH that has spent so many seasons playing LB. He’s in our top five for appearances for Aberdeen. 
 

Aberdeen as a club have been shite/also rans for his whole career & even 10 years before he made his debut but that shouldn’t reflect badly on just him & take anything away from what he has been for us. 
 

The arrogance/ignorance towards his 18 years or whatever for us reflects badly on some fans that literally are still stuck in the past. Basically thinking that only players that played under Fergie should be classed as ‘legends’ 

Legends take many forms & he is a legend in many ways. 

Absolutely he's a legend. You don't get to cherry pick the era you play in. Considine was an ever present shining light during his time. The club should be thoroughly ashamed of the way they've treated him come the end. Even if he wasn't part of our plans going forward and regardless of his agent leaking a story, he deserved so much better. All the best Andy.

Edited by JamieMT

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Premier_League_hat-tricks

Andy Tod? Although his Wikipedia said he sometimes got deployed as a striker. There's no defender on the list from 2013 when it changed to the spfl from the spl. 

Here's the match report of his hat trick: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/4137061.stm. Twice refers to him as a striker. I remember him as a defender though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Absolutely he's a legend. You don't get to cherry pick the era you play in. Considine was an ever present shining light during his time. The club should be thoroughly ashamed of the way they've treated him come the end. Even if he wasn't part of our plans going forward and regardless of his agent leaking a story, he deserved so much better. All the best Andy.

Aye. 

Willie Miller nailed it in his article today. 

All teeth and no class at Pittodrie these days. 

Share this post


Link to post

Considine has lived the dream that most of us have had since we were kids, to pull on the red shirt and play for the club we love. You could see how much it meant to him today, and every time he pulled on the jersey.

One of the many problems this season is that we've not had a player in the team with that kind of passion. Hardly any of the players have looked like they care this season - half hearted bunch of losers most of them - from Lewis to Ramirez.

I think if Considine had been fit the entire season we would have 1) had a more solid defence (not saying he's Beckenbaur or Maldini, but compared to the Bates / Gallagher shambles we've had to put up with at times he's probably not far off!) and 2) had more passion and determination instilled in the team. Those two things I believe would have given us enough extra points in the bag over the course of the season to have at least scraped into the top 6.

Next season we need better players, but we also need players who really want to play for the club, like Considine did. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...