Andy Considine

2 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I do think the word legend is used too much nowadays, maybe a better word option is Ambassador. He represented our club well in all his years with us and always tried his best. Simple 

No football player can really be classed as a legend by its true/literal meaning really but some snobs believe only their version of the word is permitted for use ?

my two feet are leg ends to me but they are not leg ends for you

10 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

As I have stated before , by your theory Alan Shearer is Not a Newcastle United legend then…

No I think many players who haven’t won medals are legends but also think you can’t say one guy is a legend for winning a medal and others arnt when they have the same medal. 

Matt Armstrong is our second top goal scorer ever but didn’t win a medal. I’d still class him as a legend. 

Adam Rooney scored the winning penalty in a cup final so I’d also class him as a legend to 

It is subjective. I think if you have played in a cup winning team for Aberdeen you are a legend.

I am an older bugger first game as a 10 year old was 1971 Dryborough Cup final at Pittodrie, and to me everyone of that team is/was a legend. Apart from Bobby Clark no other player got near the appearances of Considine. Team was Clark, Boel, Hermiston, Murray, Young, M Buchan, G Buchan, Robb, Harper, Willoughby, Graham sub McMillan. Think it was Jimmy Bonethrones first game as manager too - winning a cup. Pitch invasion at the end, Tim fans were not happy bit of fistcuffs as I recall? I was hooked. Happy days through the glory years founded by McLeod McNeill and Ferguson, they were all relatively untested managers before coming to Pittodrie. Unfortunately we are experiencing lean times and we need to get back to being a team that wins cups, if only we could.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

No I think many players who haven’t won medals are legends but also think you can’t say one guy is a legend for winning a medal and others arnt when they have the same medal. 

Matt Armstrong is our second top goal scorer ever but didn’t win a medal. I’d still class him as a legend. 

Adam Rooney scored the winning penalty in a cup final so I’d also class him as a legend to 

Excellent achievement given his dodgy eyesight 

8 hours ago, CCB III said:

That response isn't the definition of woke. That's not what it means. It's a "reasonable assessment of the facts" to understand that the word doesn't mean what you think it means. Tripped yourself up already. 

Mines is entirely based on "reasonable assessment of the facts" Fact is I didn't see the legends of the 90's, 80's, 70's. So, in a modern context, for a guy to play 541 games for Aberdeen, win a trophy, be a part of a side that got to European knockout stages, is undoubtedly a legend to me, and many others around my age. 

How can someone be wrong on a matter of opinion? Is there a set in stone qualifier for what makes an AFC legend? No, there isn't. It's not quantifiable, it's pure opinion. 

1983 is not wrong, I'm not wrong, I'll assert my position/opinion on it, but I'm not slagging anyone off for not agreeing with me ?

Mmm yes, very woke of you to disagree with me there, very woke of you indeed. 

Not really .My definition of reasonable is objective based on what is more likely than not. Your definition is the woke one of you and only you can set the parameters of what is reasonable which is wholly subjective and by definition not reasonable at all. Woke as fuck ‘

1 hour ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Not really .My definition of reasonable is objective based on what is more likely than not. Your definition is the woke one of you and only you can set the parameters of what is reasonable which is wholly subjective and by definition not reasonable at all. Woke as fuck ‘

Na man. Not even close to being the case. Your definition is incorrect and you're simply trying to apply a word to somewhere it doesn't fit whilst banging on about facts and truths etc. It's not surprising. It's common, now. 

It's yourself and the other muppet 1983 trying to set the "parameters of what is reasonable" with regards to who is and isn't a dons legend. 

You're embarrassing yourself 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RUL said:

I can’t see him leaving Scotland.

He'd be daft not to. A chance for him and his family to have a totally different life experience for the last couple of years of his career? It would be a no brainer for me like, his house at Crathes, the shit weather and coaching job at Cove Rangers ladies or whatever will still be here for him when he returns in a couple of years, if he chooses to return of course.

I see thats about the first 'exclusive' Scott Burns has had on Aberdeen since Andy got his jotters, ironically its about Andy....... ? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dandyesque said:

Lot of people without the slightest clue what "woke" means.

Unless you're a massive racist, it's not a derogatory term is your first clue.

I disagree. Woke actually is a derogatory term, almost exclusively used by daily mail journalists and right wing trolls.

Nobody actually describes themselves as "woke", it's not even really a thing.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Helmet said:

I disagree. Woke actually is a derogatory term, almost exclusively used by daily mail journalists and right wing trolls.

Nobody actually describes themselves as "woke", it's not even really a thing.

Exactly. ‘Woke’ is just another ‘trendy’ pish saying living ‘rent free’ in the heads of bland individuals that don’t know how to be individual or original 

• Upvote 1

"Woke" is an American slang term and deserves no place in the lexicon of modern British conversation, in the context in which it is flying around online.

More context: Aberdeen FC woke up and realised Considine no longer merits a place in the team.

Hope that helps.