Andy Considine

3 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Time will tell - he didn't look too clever limping aff in his last game. And that was after a season out with a banjoed knee

In the St J promo video on his signing he looked like he was having a bit of trouble getting down the stairs. 

Great servant, not a legend, happy he's gone, not happy with his replacements. 

19 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Two year deal for Andy C @ Saints 

Lucky him

12 hours ago, Dynamo said:

Shite move really when he had a one year Dons deal on the table 

Aye.

Would have to think that his one year deal with us probably paid more than a 2 year een with Saints.

Or similar anyway?

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but he was after a 2 year playing contract so he's got what he wanted albeit probably on less dosh than Aberdeen were offering.  At the end of the day Goodwin didn't really want him anyway so a clean break best for both parties.

Good luck to the lad.  I don't understand the mentality of some folk these days who want to tell all our players to GTF after giving us decent service.

It was the same with Logan and McGinn.  Folk wanting them to GTF because as soon as their legs started to go they were "wage thiefs".  2 good servants who deserved a bit more respect.

Good post this. Couldn't have said it any better myself

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, eddiec said:

you would have thought the farmers would have remembered getting their fingers burned when they took Bryson from us and he hardly played any games for them, sadly i fear it will be the same with Andy.

Not our problem.

Wonder if he thought out the cost of fuel for his commute.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but he was after a 2 year playing contract so he's got what he wanted albeit probably on less dosh than Aberdeen were offering.  At the end of the day Goodwin didn't really want him anyway so a clean break best for both parties.

Good luck to the lad.  I don't understand the mentality of some folk these days who want to tell all our players to GTF after giving us decent service.

It was the same with Logan and McGinn.  Folk wanting them to GTF because as soon as their legs started to go they were "wage thiefs".  2 good servants who deserved a bit more respect.

Well said, min

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

100% this... neither Logan, McGinn or Considine did anything wrong as far as the club was concerned and deserve full respect for their time at the club.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If it was a 1 year contract he wanted and we turned him down, then he plays 30 games next season, then i'd be thinking "we should have kept him" but as others have said, he was crocked in his first start after the year off, he's going to be 35, and I can't see him lasting 2 seasons.

I think the fermers will live to regret this deal.

1 hour ago, eddiec said:

you would have thought the farmers would have remembered getting their fingers burned when they took Bryson from us and he hardly played any games for them, sadly i fear it will be the same with Andy.

Played 29 matches for them in what amounted to just under 2 seasons and would certainly have been around 50 had he not missed the last 6 months of his time there after an ankle injury that needed surgery and ended his season. Did play his part in the teams that lifted the League and Scottish Cups. 

I get what you are saying about Considine but the two situations aren't really comparable, St Johnstone are taking a massive punt on Considine who really hasn't proved he's up to playing regularly at any level never mind SPL level and had to come off injured in the one match he played since suffering his cruciate injury. Astonished they've handed him a 2 year deal.

23 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

100% this... neither Logan, McGinn or Considine did anything wrong as far as the club was concerned and deserve full respect for their time at the club.

Seeing as McCrorie is getting a bashing on another thread for openly supporting the Huns at matches, worth pointing out that McGinn had previous for going to games in the Celtic end whilst with us..