Andy Considine

2 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Can't see the farmers paying him more than our offer. Was also pretty much guaranteed a coaching job and his badges with the team he loved once he retired.

Doubt he'll make any bigger mistakes in life than turning down that contract

Too simplistic to say that

If our offer was 1 year at £100k as has been said on here..........he might view say 2 years at £75k with St J a better overall deal. Particularly as with us he was only going to be back-up. He'll have more chance of picking up appearance/win (haha maybe not) bonuses in Perth too 

No matter what he's gone. Was a great servant to AFC and we were good for him in equal measure. There should be no acrimony from our support about his decision.

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If our offer was 1 year at £100k as has been said on here..........he might view say 2 years at £75k with St J a better overall deal. Particularly as with us he was only going to be back-up. He'll have more chance of picking up appearance/win (haha maybe not) bonuses in Perth too 

No matter what he's gone. Was a great servant to AFC and we were good for him in equal measure. There should be no acrimony from our support about his decision.

Falling out with the Dons was an utter fuck up.

He could have been on a wee earner all his life from the club coaching young age groups and doing entertaining in hospitality on match-days or commentary on redtv.

It could have been even better than that and he managed to work his way in to coaching on the full time side.

Now he's earning most likely a bit under £100k per year and having to commute to Perth four or five times per week. Shite.

• Upvote 4
10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Speaking of left sided centre backs I've seen a couple of St Johnstone fans claiming our best business this summer is releasing Consi

Not surprising is it, 35yrs old, Off the back of a cruciate injury and a very average footballer. To think some folk on here were fucking creaming themselves that he got let go.... 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Very short sighted.

Like I said it was confirmed we'd pay for his badges and he'd receive a pathway into coaching with us, ONCE retired. Just cause he was only offered a 1 year contract doesn't mean we wouldn't offer him another the following year if he proved he could still hack it.

Long term he'd have made more money playing with us, guaranteed career progression, plenty hospitality gigs and wouldn't have tarnished a reputation that he spent years building 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

Very short sighted.

Like I said it was confirmed we'd pay for his badges and he'd receive a pathway into coaching with us, ONCE retired. Just cause he was only offered a 1 year contract doesn't mean we wouldn't offer him another the following year if he proved he could still hack it.

Long term he'd have made more money playing with us, guaranteed career progression, plenty hospitality gigs and wouldn't have tarnished a reputation that he spent years building 

Aye it was a massive fuck up. They clearly severely misread the situation as to the extent of shake up Goodwin wanted to go for.

Then to spill the beans to Scott Burns the same day has obviously massively pissed off Cormack and Goodwin which will take at least a couple of years to be forgotten about. 

I always considered him to be a liability when he was young but over the last 5-10 years he progressed and was a good player for the most part - committed and determined. I was pleased that he managed to get into the Scotland squad so late in his career (despite" yes sir I can boogie"...).

I would hope that he is given a good reception whenever he returns to Pittodrie by the club and fans.

considine?average is a tad harsh, yes average as a defender you could possibly argue, however he nudges over the average threshold for all of his goals and some important ones at that.
what he lacked in pace was made up by his footballing brain. fairly consistent IMO.

not that i care too much tbf.
get out of the league now.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 7/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, Broken_Glass said:

Hugely overrated player by a cross section of our fans. 

He's finally left - no loss and another decision that Goodwin got correct.

Hardly had a clean sheet since he was dumped by the Dons.

That tells it's own story.  Huge miss for us and you could pretty much trace back us being shit to him being forced out.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Hardly had a clean sheet since he was dumped by the Dons.

That tells it's own story.  Huge miss for us and you could pretty much trace back us being shit to him being forced out.

Actually you can trace back to us being shit when he got injured on that foreign tattie field where ever it was. Quarabeg?

• Upvote 1