Andy Considine

2 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Why?

6 figure guaranteed sum could be a 2k a week offer.

if Consi is on between 3-4K currently then his agent just asked for a similar wage as currently albeit for 2 years not 1.

All this is getting tiresome with the spin doctoring of the Cormack empire 

could be wrong and he was offered 3-4K and asked for 6-7k but doesn’t strike me as logical.

Considine and his agent have shown themselves up here, he can get to fuck, greedy rat.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Considine and his agent have shown themselves up here, he can get to fuck, greedy rat.

How is he a greedy rat? You have no idea what the offer was and how it compared to his previous contract.

He could have been on £4k a week, Aberdeen have offered £2k and his agent has come back asking for £3k (a 50% increase on the offer but still a lot less than he was previously on).

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

That’s considine and his agent just ruined a potential 20 years worth of coaching with the club, for the sake of 1 year on inflated wages which he will absolutely not manage to get at another club.

What utter balloons.

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

£2k a week offer and an avenue in to coaching - seems a very fair offer. 

If it's not good enough for him then that's tough titties. 

Him/his agent running to journos when they'd agreed to release a joint statement tomorrow is cunt behaviour. 

Agreed. 2k (minimum) for a 35 year old coming back from a cruciate injury is very generous. What a daft lad handling it how he has. 

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

How is he a greedy rat? You have no idea what the offer was and how it compared to his previous contract.

He could have been on £4k a week, Aberdeen have offered £2k and his agent has come back asking for £3k (a 50% increase on the offer but still a lot less than he was previously on).

He couldn't wait to stick the boot in. 

Club makes offer, player and agent (who clearly have another playing offer elsewhere) make a counter offer, club says no thanks. 

Common practice in football, happens all the time. 

If it was Consi and his agent who leaked it to the press then that's naughty but there's so many people desperate to be itk these days it could have been leaked by anyone. 

40 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Seen him a few times for Motherwell and for St. Mirren. Can't say he's ever stood out as someone I'd love to have playing for Aberdeen.

What's your thoughts on him?

Having never seen the guy play or never noticed him playing against us my thoughts on him are that if Jim Goodwin thinks he can improve the team then I'll back his judgement.

Apparently he's a 6'2" athletic pacy left sided centre back? We could use one of them in the squad I'd say. He might cost a few pound which is nae ideal but might not be looking for a massive wage which would make the overall package affordable to us. Anyway, I'm willing to back Goodwins judgement on this one given he's worked with him before.

• Upvote 1
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

He couldn't wait to stick the boot in. 

Club makes offer, player and agent (who clearly have another playing offer elsewhere) make a counter offer, club says no thanks. 

Common practice in football, happens all the time. 

If it was Consi and his agent who leaked it to the press then that's naughty but there's so many people desperate to be itk these days it could have been leaked by anyone. 

It was mentioned in the rumour page on here yesterday before it had been mentioned in the press at all so the leak could have come from anyone. I highly douby Mainstandmoan's 'source' is Andy Considine or his agent.

Guest milne_afc

Is Andy Considine the first Dons player to be afflicted with Davie Cooper syndrome?

Imagine he was actually ever being paid double the most recent offer ?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They probably offered £2k per week ("guaranteed 6 figures") 

Was likely countered with a request for 3k hoping the club would meet half way.   2 years was probably chancing it a bit but I reckon he's been offered 2 years elsewhere. 

Club said no. We move on. 

Labelling him a "greedy rat" is agenda driven by someobe who has expressed dislike for him consistently (whilst defending players who have been here for 6 months to the hilt) 

Yes because it's laughable that our fans lambast players that have had a few bad games yet let a let down like this off with murder.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It was mentioned in the rumour page on here yesterday before it had been mentioned in the press at all so the leak could have come from anyone. I highly douby Mainstandmoan's 'source' is Andy Considine or his agent.

They probably offered £2k per week ("guaranteed 6 figures") 

Was likely countered with a request for 3k hoping the club would meet half way.   2 years was probably chancing it a bit but I reckon he's been offered 2 years elsewhere. 

Club said no. We move on.  These negotiations happen in football all the time. 

Labelling him a "greedy rat" is agenda driven by someone who has expressed dislike for him consistently (whilst defending players who have been here for 6 months to the hilt) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hopefully the club statement put out about AC shuts up the folk who are wailing like prom queens about him leaving. 

Made a very generous offer for a 35 year old whose been out for 8 months injured.

He/his agent got greedy 

The club withdraw the offer

End of story.

Thanks for the service, good luck & goodbye. 

The discussions shouldn’t be leaked and if that’s consi’s camp that’s naughty, however the offers made could have been a significant pay cut (which may or may not be warranted with your opinion of the player) - hence the counter offer was made which in itself may have been unrealistic (knowing from the first offer that any deal was unlikely), plus who wants to take a pay cut if they can avoid it? Got to negotiate at least.

Sad way for it to end but the club statement is worded cleverly, and enough so that 70% of the muppets on here don’t read between the lines and think he was asking for ridiculous sums of money which he may not have been really. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes because it's laughable that our fans lambast players that have had a few bad games yet let a let down like this off with murder.

Come on 

Getting straight in with the "greedy rat" comment was transparent and predictable.  As well as being melodramatic. 

Negotiations are common in football. You should know this with your connections. The club called his bluff, we move on. 

Expect Considine to be announced on a 2 year deal somewhere else soon. 

Just a normal day in professional football min. 

For the record I think the club has made the right decision. 

Think most would have preferred if considine stayed, but most would have preferred if it was on reduced terms as well. 35 and just back from a long term injury isn’t really going to get you a 2 year deal is it. 

my only worry is the players currently here in his position and the ones we are being linked to don’t appear to be upgrades. He’s been brilliant the last few years, there’s no doubt about it. Total donkey in his early 20s but matured into a great servant. 

Brilliant move from Goodwin coming out and telling us straight what has happened

The considine agenda can be put to bed now. He wanted a longer term deal at 35yrs old coming off the back of a serious injury...... I'd like to think his agent has filled his head with shite and he's followed with it,  Regardless, He's delusional to think he can dictate to the club what he wants at this stage in his career,

Good luck wherever he goes, But lets put this into perspective, We've lost a journeyman centre half at the end of the day, Not Cannavaro

2 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

Brilliant move from Goodwin coming out and telling us straight what has happened

The considine agenda can be put to bed now. He wanted a longer term deal at 35yrs old coming off the back of a serious injury...... I'd like to think his agent has filled his head with shite and he's followed with it,  Regardless, He's delusional to think he can dictate to the club what he wants at this stage in his career,

Good luck wherever he goes, But lets put this into perspective, We've lost a journeyman centre half at the end of the day, Not Cannavaro

Totally agree, glad Goodwin has come out and explained.

29 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2022/04/06/andy-considine-update/

God knows what his agent was smoking before making that counter offer

After being out injured most the season and at 35 year old, 100k seems very good offer, as well as view to coaching route.  Wouldn't think he'll get that anywhere else.

Liking Goodwin's response, doesn't seem to hold back just says what he's thinking.

Makes me wonder who AFC leak is.  Remember Mcinnes used to make signings almost out the blue.  Mr reliable, Scott Burns must have something over someone at club.  Usually reported by him. 

27 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Why?

6 figure guaranteed sum could be a 2k a week offer.

if Consi is on between 3-4K currently then his agent just asked for a similar wage as currently albeit for 2 years not 1.

All this is getting tiresome with the spin doctoring of the Cormack empire 

could be wrong and he was offered 3-4K and asked for 6-7k but doesn’t strike me as logical.

So waste wages on a player who is unlikely to play much for two years that could be used better elsewhere? Okay then.