• Switzerland
    • Denmark
    • Wales
    • North Macedonia
    • Hungary
    • Slovakia
    • Scotland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:59 PM

20 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I work out that to get ahead of Switzerland we need a 2 goal win,.

There's lots of permutations but I work out that with a 2-0 win we'd only need one of the below to happen.

Group B - Belgium win against Finland which would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group C - Ukraine win would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group E  - Sweden win and a win for either team in the Slovakia v Spain game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

Group F - France win and a win for either team in the Germany v Hungary game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

Thanks for that , well put together . Us getting a win will be tough enough never mind winning by 2

6 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Even if we win by 1 goal, we would need two of the groups third team to finish with 3 points.

I remember in Italia 90, we needed at least one result to go our way after the Brazil game.

Ireland and Netherlands played for a draw, they hardly attempted an attack after the 70th minute, and Uruguay scored in injury time.

The day before we played Brazil, Colombia scored in injury time against Germany to get a draw as well.

We do seem to have a special way of getting knocked out of tournaments.

A ken 

Practically non contact already when you see some of the penalties that are given these days for people challenging for the ball and slightly brushing against an  opponent  just before they win it. 

If you don't win a ball completely cleanly you've got a pretty big chance of giving away a penalty and at least getting booked. 

11 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

The shite they speak aboot Gareth fucking Bale is nae real.

'One of the world's greatest of the recent era'? Get yerself to fuck - a good season and a half at Spurs and fuck all since. 

Fuck all since??

Without checking i’m sure he’s a CL winner at least 2 or 3 times and probably in the hundreds of career goals, probably a couple of La Liga championships? 

I agree they’re talking him up but to say he’s done fuck all is so wide of the mark! 

28 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Maybe we should try getting Tim Brooke Taylor to manage us?

That would be a bit odd(ie)

4 hours ago, YorkDon said:

Fuck all since??

Without checking i’m sure he’s a CL winner at least 2 or 3 times and probably in the hundreds of career goals, probably a couple of La Liga championships? 

I agree they’re talking him up but to say he’s done fuck all is so wide of the mark! 

That would be a bit odd(ie)

Agreed with this. An unbelievable player up to the last couple years.

Now, not the best. Looks disinterested.