• Switzerland
    • Denmark
    • Wales
    • North Macedonia
    • Hungary
    • Slovakia
    • Scotland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:59 PM

Ukraine and probable Denmark between them an the final.

Hopefully Hazard and KDB can be fit for the final!  Don't fancy the Italians or Spanish at all.  Worrying times now for sure!  The build-up is going to be unbearable - they think it's coming home and we're all going to hear about it!

2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Hopefully Hazard and KDB can be fit for the final!  Don't fancy the Italians or Spanish at all.  Worrying times now for sure!  The build-up is going to be unbearable - they think it's coming home and we're all going to hear about it!

I think Spain or Italy would beat England.  Belgium I'm not so sure,  I think they'd cancel each other out. 

31 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I think Spain or Italy would beat England.  Belgium I'm not so sure,  I think they'd cancel each other out. 

I think Spain, Italy, England.... none of these are particularly great teams.  Belgium's first XI, all full fit, are the best remaining team - but they look like they're going to be missing a few.

Where England have the edge is that they only have Ukraine and Denmark/Czech to beat to get to the final.  So they'll likely arrive fairly fresh.  I can see the other side of the draw being absolutely brutal - I wouldn't discount the Swiss either!  Hopefully whoever makes, has something left to give!  

8 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

They’ve installed themselves as favourites for the tournament after beating the poorest German side in years.

I’m not a religious man, but i’m asking the big guy to ensure they don’t win it.

Think i’d have to move as it would be unbearable here.

So have the bookmakers in the country where I live (not the UK).

5 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

They THINK its coming home?  I think you'll find its home already.

Random aside - I was pwoper old school last night listening in on a dodgy MW.  Passing between hills they were blabbing on about a guard of honour at the end.  Who by?  Who for? 

36 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

They THINK its coming home?  I think you'll find its home already.

Random aside - I was pwoper old school last night listening in on a dodgy MW.  Passing between hills they were blabbing on about a guard of honour at the end.  Who by?  Who for? 

Some of the reactions from the English ex player pundits were hilarious 

'What a time to be alive' 

'A win which will live on forever' 

'Stuff of dreams' 

3 hours ago, YorkDon said:

They’ve installed themselves as favourites for the tournament after beating the poorest German side in years.

I’m not a religious man, but i’m asking the big guy to ensure they don’t win it.

Think i’d have to move as it would be unbearable here.

It's because of their half of the draw though. They'll be big favourites to reach the final. 

The next 3 in the betting are all on the other side of the draw. 

TBF to them, their reaction was no worse than some of the reactions up here after the 0-0 game a few weeks ago.

They are jealous of the past German successes (8 WC finals, 4 wins, 6 EC finals, 3 wins) and their rivalry with the German is similar to our rivalry with them, it's in name only as an England win is considered a shock.

The English have once again been pretty poor this tournament but you can't get away from the fact that they are in the QF, not conceded a goal and if they beat Ukraine in Rome, will have a home semi final to play.

I don't think they are great but I fear that they might just win this. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

It's because of their half of the draw though. They'll be big favourites to reach the final. 

The next 3 in the betting are all on the other side of the draw. 

Yea I know Parkie, just hilarious to see them getting so carried away.They actually have a decent chance to win it-sadly…

England don’t play good football nor play their most exciting players.

they are quite strong defensively (so far anyway, against some above average sides)

if they win it it will be following trend. don’t think recent tournament  winners like France and portugal were any different.

the scots ^^^ will moan if england win. but its  jealousy and that’s for the weak. theveryone else doesn’t GAS

• Dildo 1

in all seriosity 

belgium would be my preferred winner; a new name on the trophy.

(Some) good players; who deserve a trophy. but against what sotr says they have too many that are old; the defence, aging past his best hazard etc.

if not them - Italy.

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Yea I know Parkie, just hilarious to see them getting so carried away.They actually have a decent chance to win it-sadly…

Yeah. Can see them definitely making the final. I'd probably have them as underdogs for that though, especially against Italy or Belgium (50:50 vs Spain IMO). 

38 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

(I dropped that in for parky. stupid gullible cunt that he is.)

That's not very nice. You should lay off the afternoon beers if you can't handle them. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. Can see them definitely making the final. I'd probably have them as underdogs for that though, especially against Italy or Belgium (50:50 vs Spain IMO). 

That's not very nice. You should lay off the afternoon beers if you can't handle them. 

haha

anoooooother delirium now min.

should get back to work tbh

• Dildo 1
46 minutes ago, Roberto said:

There's an argument... Scotland tbh.

Belgium are great as individuals, but don't seem to grasp it as a team when the going gets tough in big games. Players revert to type and try make it about them to save the day.

Italy to beat Spain and pump Denmark in the final.

Fucking love the Italians. Sly bastards as well to kill a game. Folk moan about it, but it has the desired effect and they are allowed to get away with it.

Just a pity immobile hasn't shown his class infront of goal, as he is a cracking finisher for Lazio.

We've underachieved over the years, BUT we've never been ranked number 1 in the world. A 'golden generation' of players who have cost millions in transfers. What have the archived? Nothing really

Italy look class. Surely favourites now

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Yeah I share your sentiments regarding Scotland but they have underachieved most definitely. 74 and 78 perhaps being the biggest shockers from that bunch of players.

Management has been holding back Scotland for a long time.

I personally believe Martinez holds Belgium back as well. I don't think he is that good a manager. Lucky really. Perhaps slightly harsh of me, but fuck it.

Nah, i think he's overrated also. He'll be found out at his next club job as well

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Yeah I share your sentiments regarding Scotland but they have underachieved most definitely. 74 and 78 perhaps being the biggest shockers from that bunch of players.

Management has been holding back Scotland for a long time.

I personally believe Martinez holds Belgium back as well. I don't think he is that good a manager. Lucky really. Perhaps slightly harsh of me, but fuck it.

Dont disagree with any of that at all mate. Think Martinez is one of those guys who is a decent coach but not a good manager. There's something strange about him, cant pinpoint what it is. Was a disastrous appointment for Everton