• Switzerland
    • Denmark
    • Wales
    • North Macedonia
    • Hungary
    • Slovakia
    • Scotland

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/2021 at 10:59 PM

I work out that to get ahead of Switzerland we need a 2 goal win,.

There's lots of permutations but I work out that with a 2-0 win we'd only need one of the below to happen.

Group B - Belgium win against Finland which would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group C - Ukraine win would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group E  - Sweden win and a win for either team in the Slovakia v Spain game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

Group F - France win and a win for either team in the Germany v Hungary game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

2 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

I work out that to get ahead of Switzerland we need a 2 goal win,.

There's lots of permutations but I work out that with a 2-0 win we'd only need one of the below to happen.

Group B - Belgium win against Finland which would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group C - Ukraine win would mean that the 3rd team would only get 3 points.

Group E  - Sweden win and a win for either team in the Slovakia v Spain game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

Group F - France win and a win for either team in the Germany v Hungary game would mean that the 3rd team would achieve 3 points.

I think all four of those scenarios are probably more likely than us beating Croatia by 2.

Hopefully Groups B and C pan out the way we want tomorrow then we'll know its a straight shoot out for the knockouts on Tuesday night. 

Even if we win by 1 goal, we would need two of the groups third team to finish with 3 points.

I remember in Italia 90, we needed at least one result to go our way after the Brazil game.

Ireland and Netherlands played for a draw, they hardly attempted an attack after the 70th minute, and Uruguay scored in injury time.

The day before we played Brazil, Colombia scored in injury time against Germany to get a draw as well.

We do seem to have a special way of getting knocked out of tournaments.