The future of motor vehicles & ownership

Clydeside_Sheep

57 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Sounds pish. 

Going to be a really hard sell.

It'll never be in place in 10 years. The infrastructure won't be able to accommodate it.

The only difference in my above example being that you’ll have to stop for a bit longer-but if you were doing nearly 400 miles in a day, you’d be stopping for lunch anyway, so could charge whilst you were eating.

Theres a lot of negative thinking when it comes to EV’s, and whilst infrastructure will need huge investment, it also needs a change of mindset.Hard to do when ICE cars have always been the only way to do it.

20 minutes ago, Bluto10 said:

nae bothered chief, like to keep you danglin 

nae like a car on holiday min? or movin from place to place? 

Was just pulling your chain min.

I'm big in the holidaying game. Like all types, I don't discriminate. Spent 3 weeks in Italy a couple years back, just jumped on a train to the next destination as the mood took us. Was terrific.

16 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

Was just pulling your chain min.

I'm big in the holidaying game. Like all types, I don't discriminate. Spent 3 weeks in Italy a couple years back, just jumped on a train to the next destination as the mood took us. Was terrific.

did something similar past two summers, following the weather, but in the car.

could not recommend it enough. 

13 hours ago, YorkDon said:

The only difference in my above example being that you’ll have to stop for a bit longer-but if you were doing nearly 400 miles in a day, you’d be stopping for lunch anyway, so could charge whilst you were eating.

Theres a lot of negative thinking when it comes to EV’s, and whilst infrastructure will need huge investment, it also needs a change of mindset.Hard to do when ICE cars have always been the only way to do it.

Depends what time you left.

17 hours ago, CraigHill said:

There’s no way this will happen by 2030.

They are going to be paying off Covid for the next decade and pie in the sky green initiatives that will cost billions to get the infrastructure sorted will fall by the wayside.

Nothing more than posturing.

Decade? Our WW2 debt was £4b (£21b in today’s money) and we finally paid that off in 2006. COVID will reach £1T - more like 100 years to pay it off.

The drive for electric is just a way for Boris to generate billions of cash for him and his pals throughout the supply chain. Criminals.

19 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Seems a bit of a waste of a day starting travelling at 3pm though. I like to leave as early as possible in the day. 

Maybe leave at 4am and stop for breakfast? Avoids the lunch/dinner/tea conundrum? 

Depends what you've done prior to 3pm and where you're off to. Seems daft leaving so early if you've got to be there for around the 9pm mark.

15 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

When I used to go from York to Forres, I usually set off between 9 and 10pm.

Would then hit the A9 when no other fucker was on it-90mph+ all the way from Perth to Aviemore, obviously slowing down for the 2 speed cameras on that stretch.

I'd say you'd also have slowed down for some of the bad bends that wouldn't be able to be taken at 90mph.

Anyway it's all average speed cameras there now so you'd be triple fucked. Penalty points, miss lunch and run out of electric.

@manboobs109  for no reason whatsoever.

1 minute ago, The Boofon said:

Depends what you've done prior to 3pm and where you're off to. Seems daft leaving so early if you've got to be there for around the 9pm mark.

I'd say you'd also have slowed down for some of the bad bends that wouldn't be able to be taken at 90mph.

Anyway it's all average speed cameras there now so you'd be triple fucked. Penalty points, miss lunch and run out of electric.

I’m going back at least 10 years I reckon, so before the average cameras.

Think there was a camera at Dunkeld & Birnam, canna mind where the other one was.

Did York to Forres in under 5 and a half hours once-never again.

I prefer a leisurely drive these days-must be my age.