Annoying Tv Adverts

Joe pike

9 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

The one with that annoying cunt Rylan, Cinch or something, for buying cars.

Absolutely stealing a living that boy.

Aye that’s a cracker at the moment.

i mentioned this in the pet hates thread, but the amount of mixed race relationships in TV adverts is mental. Bears no resemblance to real life. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We need to define horrendous.

Adverts are often "annoying" because they are intended to be, the fundamental objectives being getting noticed, promoting the product and/or creating or changing perceptions.

Does the success of an advert, the campaign in which it appears and the overall marketing strategy matter in this debate?

Probably not. I have hated adverts that were no doubt highly effective. When they portray actors as real people and make them glekkit and boring with stupid thick smiles, that grinds my chopsticks the most. 

You maybe do.

Nobody else gives a fuck.

• Upvote 7

Yeah, advertising companies either try to make cool funny ads or go for the really annoying so that the product is remembered. Bet everyone who listens to the radio in Aberdeen still knows the Thistle Windows telephone number because of that annoying jingle.

The Leith Agency who do the Irn Bru adverts were very clever at making ads that worked brilliantly, the guys there also knew that annoying ads were memorable

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We need to define horrendous.

Adverts are often "annoying" because they are intended to be, the fundamental objectives being getting noticed, promoting the product and/or creating or changing perceptions.

Does the success of an advert, the campaign in which it appears and the overall marketing strategy matter in this debate?

Probably not. I have hated adverts that were no doubt highly effective. When they portray actors as real people and make them glekkit and boring with stupid thick smiles, that grinds my chopsticks the most. 

17 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

You maybe do.

Nobody else gives a fuck.

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You're nearly right. Undoubtedly the majority wouldn't. Still highly arrogant to speak on behalf of the 100% though.

Your sentiments will be appreciated by some who don't think because they can't think. I don't think you should be offended if others don't see things the same way that you do. Nor should you be so rude. I do love a bit of vipering though so thank you for the future opportunity x x x

You started it.

Only fucking with you Rocket. Was an easy tap in. Cheers. ?

7 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

Yeah, advertising companies either try to make cool funny ads or go for the really annoying so that the product is remembered. Bet everyone who listens to the radio in Aberdeen still knows the Thistle Windows telephone number because of that annoying jingle.

The Leith Agency who do the Irn Bru adverts were very clever at making ads that worked brilliantly, the guys there also knew that annoying ads were memorable

706 treble 5

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Chewie37 said:

The fone number was embedded in your brain.

• Haha 1