Thread O Twitter

Ke1t

9 hours ago, Poodler said:

I’m not saying they want to stop you spending money.

it’s the threat of them choosing when you can. 

don’t do as you’re told? Let’s see you do next month with no money 

squeezing you into conformity. We already know they think/ want us to be too stupid to think for ourselves and so as to just accept what they spoonfeed us

that much was evident with the vaccine 

It doesn't benefit the government or the corporations that own them to have them stop people spending money. No matter the reason. 

Regarding the vaccine, everyone I know who didn't take it, is just walking around fine, not in jail, at their work, whatever. 

Yes there was a lot of pressure and unacceptable coercion tactics into getting people to take it, but if you really didn't want to, you didn't have to for the most part. 

Governments/corps already own us, where we have small amounts of power is where we choose to spend our money, where we choose to withdraw our labour, that's it. 

16 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

I do.  Cash flow is very important in my line of work. #fuckthetaxman.

Plus I have an old chipper pickled onion jar full o' 2p and 5p bits.  Loadsa money (for those of you old enough to remember).?

So, you've probably around £50 in cash then?

Lot of hypocrisy in this wee discussion.

I like cash so I don't have to pay tax.

Also I like to have my handout for government money funded by taxes...

Odd.

It's not the money you are spending they care about it fyi, it's the data.

The more they know about your patterns the better.

But that ship sailed with phones in everyone's constant possession.

53 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Lot of hypocrisy in this wee discussion.

I like cash so I don't have to pay tax.

Also I like to have my handout for government money funded by taxes...

Odd.

It's not the money you are spending they care about it fyi, it's the data.

The more they know about your patterns the better.

But that ship sailed with phones in everyone's constant possession.

Well thank god you've cleared all that up. 

why do you think they want your data? So you part with your money. 

They want both. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

The targeted advertising has to be looked at. Getting way out of hand. 
Infinite scrolling apps and pages should also be banned or limited. 

I agree. It's nuts. 

Nobody is impervious to it, it's designed to penetrate our brains. 

I'd ban all sorts of adverts. Gambling would be one, has the potential to ruin peoples lives and it's absolutely rammed down the throat of working class football fans. 

Should be treated like cigarettes and booze. Like if a betting app notices someone is just pouring money in and losing big, they should have a responsibility to stop that. Just IMO. 

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Totally agree . We were talking about how the World Wide Web has evolved over the past 23 years or so ( think I first got online in 1999). Be interesting to see how it further ‘develops’. 

It'll just get worse and worse. Constant marketing, advertisement, demanding access to your data. 

When dystopia comes, if it hasn't already, we won't even know. 

The Huxley POV. Ruled by the things we love. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Well thank god you've cleared all that up. 

why do you think they want your data? So you part with your money. 

They want both. 

Don't get lemon.

They can't get your buying data if you pay with cash.

And if you don't take your phone with you.

The data doesn't exist.

There is a brilliant John Oliver bit on it, likely on YouTube, worth seeking out.

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Why would you want a VPN? 

Seems to be the way to go, to be able to access films, fitba' and streamin' shit from out with the UK.  I sometimes get error messages when tryin' to watch a film for example 'Not available in your region/country.'  Plus I suppose there's allegedly a much lesser chance of your personal data bein' highjacked, better security etc.  You gonna advise me different?  I dunno, I'm keen to learn.

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Ahh right . There’s tons of VPN’s about for streaming .I don’t really watch that much tv to be honest so not too sure on them. Yer Boof is the man for that kind of thing .

Used pirate bay for films and albums back in the day until I got letters from my CP and royalties companies telling me to basically fucking wrap it. 

Cheers.  Might start a Threat askin' for advice then.

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

Spokesperson for the Chinese foreign ministry. LOL. 

Only replies folk have is the Tinanmen square debacle. 

Let's not be holding up China as a good guy shall we and they too need a clear understanding of themselves.

Pretty sure Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Muslim Uyghurs and countess other would have an opinion.

3 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Let's not be holding up China as a good guy shall we and they too need a clear understanding of themselves.

Pretty sure Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet, Muslim Uyghurs and countess other would have an opinion.

I'm not holding them up as a good guy, it's just funny they aren't afraid to call America out on their bullshit. 

The first 3 points I agree with, but the Uyghur Muslim thing isn't cut and dry. There's very little actual evidence of it happening. Not to say it categorically isn't, but you'd need a lot more evidence to convince me.