Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

9 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Shame as on his day he’s a really good defender. We must be looking at whole new back line next season.

We don't have a single centre back contracted beyond next summer. 

Although it looks like Considine will trigger an extra year's extension. 

We probably need to bring in 3 centre backs next summer.  Which will be fun and games no doubt 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We don't have a single centre back contracted beyond next summer. 

Although it looks like Considine will trigger an extra year's extension. 

We probably need to bring in 3 centre backs next summer.  Which will be fun and games no doubt 

You say that like it's a bad thing! Based on the last few months performances, i'd bin every single one of the CB's! 

Hopefully Hoban signs on and we can get someone decent in to play alongside him. Considine can be back up. Leigh can play LB and if only we had an international RB....

Just now, StandFree1982 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing! Based on the last few months performances, i'd bin every single one of the CB's! 

Hopefully Hoban signs on and we can get someone decent in to play alongside him. Considine can be back up. Leigh can play LB and if only we had an international RB....

It's not a bad thing if we get better players in. 

Poor planning though from a management perspective having to replace your first choice and back up central defenders all at the same time. Doesn't seem to be anyone knocking on the door from the youth system. 

I still remember the shit show when he had to build an entire new central midfield a couple of years ago.  We've only just about recovered from that now. 

1 minute ago, jamiesd said:

Devlin has had some rotten luck,  he looked superb at one point.  what a shame for the guy and the club

Aye he looked a great signing that first 6 months of his first full season. 

Injury prone being an understatement though. Both before and during his time here.  He was recovering from a serious injury the first 6 months he came here. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Which is where he might end up. 

I think he'll struggle to get a gig anywhere. I'm not sure Hamilton (or anyone) would even risk him on their lowest first team wage as he's just too often to be found on the treatment table. 

Pay-as-you-play might be the only solution for him. Wouldn't at all surprise me to see him retire though.

4 hours ago, shut up meg said:

It's a shame for the boy but I had completely forgotten about him until he came on as a sub at half time the other week.

Surely even DMC wouldn't offer him another deal next summer.

The same DMC that resigned Taylor. From a club he was an integral part in getting relegated IIRC? 

I fucking hate ash Taylor. 

I wouldn't put it past McHun 

• Upvote 1