Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

3 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Ok so I am in a minority of 1 but I rated Devlin highly when he was alongside McKenna and I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player.   

That was about 3 years and 5 injury setbacks ago - think you’re being a tad optimistic 

6 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Ok so I am in a minority of 1 but I rated Devlin highly when he was alongside McKenna and I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player.   

Yeah he was good at that moment in time. But how long ago was that? 

He's been out for so long and suffered so many injuries, I don't think there is any chance we're going to get that player back. 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bit early to say that to be fair.

1st February is when we judge.

However, re-signing Devlin would be a joke. 
We are not a charity. 

I know it very rarely happens but has been suggested numerous times (sadly more so by Aberdeen fans than any other because of the amount of aged crocks we always tend to sign) but this deal really is one that should be an absolute minimum wage with appearance add ons. Devlin is definitely the perfect time for us to finally do a pay as you play contract.

Its just a horrific suggestion.

I feel sorry for the loon that his career has been wrecked in it's peak years by a succession of severe injuries but I'm afraid the player we signed 4 years ago no longer exists.

As has  been said, we aren't a charity.  There's something about this situation that is starting to smell tbh.