Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

33 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Good post. Unlikey he would get stuck and give 110 percent fearing injury

There lies a huge issue for us, we don't want half a player on the pitch

Also what happens when he is injured yet again 

We should never risk giving him a contract, plus is not a standout player anyway, average at best

It’s really hard for a player to give 110% in reality without drugs. Actually quite impossible really. 

It’s a really thick statement normally made by thick players

3 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Judging by the team from when he was on pen (below)(1-1 away to Utd 2002). It was probably just a 'hands up if your keen' job.

As soon as Sheerin came in, he was on them.

Aberdeen: Preece, Rutkiewicz, Anderson, McGuire, Deloumeaux, Mackie, Tiernan, Darren Young, Derek Young (Muirhead 45), D'Jaffo (Mike 67), Michie (Billio 61).

Fucking hell that has to be a contender for the worst dons side. Ando must be the sole reason we didn’t finish bottom with no points

djaffo and michie leading the line then bringing on mike!!

3 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Judging by the team from when he was on pen (below)(1-1 away to Utd 2002). It was probably just a 'hands up if your keen' job.

Aberdeen: Preece, Rutkiewicz, Anderson, McGuire, Deloumeaux, Mackie, Tiernan, Darren Young, Derek Young (Muirhead 45), D'Jaffo (Mike 67), Michie (Billio 61).

Here is a question for you lot….who was the captain of that side?

3 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Deary me, that must be the worst line up in the history of the club. Only decent player there is Anderson, the rest shouldn't have been anywhere near Aberdeen.

Edit - Didn't realise Byrne had made the same comment above. 

10 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Ebbe Skovdahl's last game in charge if my memory is richt.

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ebbe Skovdahl's last game in charge if my memory is richt.

Good call. I was at that one. Thousands of dons fans are the game singing “ebbe must stay!”  So bizarre that he was so loved haha

i mind muirhead coming off the bench. Think that was his debut. He skinned a couple players immediately and looked like he might have something…

I was in the Jerry kerr stand with the wooden seats and for some reason terry butcher was sat in front of me 

29 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Good call. I was at that one. Thousands of dons fans are the game singing “ebbe must stay!”  So bizarre that he was so loved haha

i mind muirhead coming off the bench. Think that was his debut. He skinned a couple players immediately and looked like he might have something…

I was in the Jerry kerr stand with the wooden seats and for some reason terry butcher was sat in front of me 

The Jerry Kerr Stand is a fucking disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same set of rickety seating from the year they were founded in 1910?.

Scott Muirhead wasn't the worst ever player to play for our club. He had quality and showed that with a lovely searching ball played to David Zdrilic to score the last minute winner against the victims in their own backyard and destroy their long unbeaten home record. 

As for Butcher being there, may be he was on a spying/scouting mission as he was boss of Motherwell at the time, however they were in administration back then so I presume they were playing united next and he was overseeing their future opponents instead of looking for new players.

I was working at Texstyle World on Berryden Road on that Saturday so never made the game. After my shift finished at 5:30pm, when walking down Mount Street, past the old Rosemount Bar (a fine hostelry), towards Guild Street Bus Station to get my bus hame, I heard on my old walkman that Skovdahl was no longer manager. 

It was a feeling of surprise but did feel he couldn't take us any further as we were fucking shite, and had not long been beaten 7-0 (again!?) by celtic at parkhead beforehand. 

Scott Muirhead wasn't the worst ever player to play for our club. He had quality and showed that with a lovely searching ball played to David Zdrilic to score the last minute winner against the victims in their own backyard and destroy their long unbeaten home record.

Him and John Stewart had ability but by Christ they enjoyed a night out. Absolute pissheads. Can’t imagine they put much effort into their careers once turning pro. 

im sure Darren young was made captain a couple of times and then lost it both times. First to Derek whyte then russell Anderson 

The Jerry Kerr Stand is a fucking disgrace. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same set of rickety seating from the year they were founded in 1910?.

As for Butcher being there, may be he was on a spying/scouting mission as he was boss of Motherwell at the time, however they were in administration back then so I presume they were playing united next and he was overseeing their future opponents instead of looking for new players.

I was working at Texstyle World on Berryden Road on that Saturday so never made the game. After my shift finished at 5:30pm, when walking down Mount Street, past the old Rosemount Bar (a fine hostelry), towards Guild Street Bus Station to get my bus hame, I heard on my old walkman that Skovdahl was no longer manager. 

It was a feeling of surprise but did feel he couldn't take us any further as we were fucking shite, and had not long been beaten 7-0 (again!?) by celtic at parkhead beforehand. 

How did you leave that job at textile world pal? Surely there’s a good story here! 

amazing how that Phil McGuire story sticks. 20 years later and anytime anyone speaks about him, someone mentions that he used to batter his bird. Can’t remember any of his football minutes (even though I had a season ticket for his whole time here) though I always associate him with battering a bird. Ace 

23 minutes ago, Poodler said:

How did you leave that job at textile world pal? Surely there’s a good story here! 

amazing how that Phil McGuire story sticks. 20 years later and anytime anyone speaks about him, someone mentions that he used to batter his bird. Can’t remember any of his football minutes (even though I had a season ticket for his whole time here) though I always associate him with battering a bird. Ace 

??.

I walked out of my job at Texstyle World in December 2002 (nae the greatest month to do this mind you) after several run-ins with my idiot of a boss. A horrible, eccentric cunt of a woman who's behaviour would change at a flick of a switch.

The second last straw was when she turned round to me and said "the staff are far happier when you're not at work". Nothing like making a member of staff feel welcome and valued.

The final straw was a few days later when I inadvertently took home the keys to the storage container one night (I was off the following day). The cow phoned us to ask "have you got the keys?" of which I responded and said "aye", and being the conscientious lad that I am?, got the next bus through to Aberdeen. When I got to the store, the cunt snatched the keys from us without uttering a word ("thanks" would have been nice?).

I walked out the store and never went back again.

My only regret was not causing some damage to the shopfloor displays that were made of glass just to make walking out of my job a bit more worthwhile??.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

??.

I walked out of my job at Texstyle World in December 2002 (nae the greatest month to do this mind you) after several run-ins with my idiot of a boss. A horrible, eccentric cunt of a woman who's behaviour would change at a flick of a switch.

The second last straw was when she turned round to me and said "the staff are far happier when you're not at work". Nothing like making a member of staff feel welcome and valued.

The final straw was a few days later when I inadvertently took home the keys to the storage container one night (I was off the following day). The cow phoned us to ask "have you got the keys?" of which I responded and said "aye", and being the conscientious lad that I am?, got the next bus through to Aberdeen. When I got to the store, the cunt snatched the keys from us without uttering a word ("thanks" would have been nice?).

I walked out the store and never went back again.

My only regret was not causing some damage to the shopfloor displays that were made of glass just to make walking out of my job a bit more worthwhile??.

Always the victim …it’s never your fault

You sure you’re nae a Tim ?

5 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

?.

It's been eventful alright min?.

Don’t know why you just don’t write short stories for a living, I’d buy them!, like a darker and more up to date Adrian mole 

theirs definitely  a Hans Christian Andersen in yae choking to get out.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Did I say or infer I was a victim??

Maybe it was my fault that I felt the need to leave/lose my job. Perhaps you know better than me. 

A sock puppet account @Bebo?

The whole tone of this story and the recent one about the fish place seems to be you trying to make out your bosses as being completely unreasonable, whilst glossing over your own unreasonable behaviour.