Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I feel sorry for him as it’s obviously something that must get him down, but we’ve been more than fair.

Time to let him go & free up a wage for a 4th central defender that will be available.

As long as it’s not Charles Dunne. 

Lovely guy but he just can't get and stay fit. The club have gone above and beyond for him but a parting of the way is now required. 

I won't be surprised when his rethrement from football is announced.

Fucking hell. Surely we’re cutting our loses with him in summer. The wage/treatment cost to minutes played ratio for him must be astronomical.

Feel a bit sorry for the guy, but at the same time at what point does he realise professional football is too much for his feeble body? 

2 hours ago, AllyDon said:

Lovely guy but he just can't get and stay fit. The club have gone above and beyond for him but a parting of the way is now required. 

I won't be surprised when his rethrement from football is announced.

Aye, only so much the body can take before it’s time to give up. 
It’s different areas too.

Knee, ankle, calf. All over. 
Just doesn’t have the body to cope with professional sport. 

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I feel sorry for him as it’s obviously something that must get him down, but we’ve been more than fair.

Time to let him go & free up a wage for a 4th central defender that will be available.

As long as it’s not Charles Dunne. 

Charles Dunne with no transfer fee and Devlin level wages I could just about stomach 

Sorry that his time at the club played out the way it did. Very talented player and a good signing (at the time), just incredibly unfortunate with injuries. Being ruthless, from a Club perspective it's absolutely the correct move. I wish him every success going forward. Hopefully he'll regain his fitness and enjoy a good career elsewhere.

Just now, torry_battery_ram said:

Good to see Goodwin has the balls to get rid of the permanent crocks like Devlin and McGeouch while also being ruthless in telling Brown and Considine to go. 

Exactly. Finally a manager who has the balls to make the hard but correct decisions. I like the cut of this guy's jib he's exactly what we need right now a no nonsense manager who will not accept the football club he manages being a soft touch in any department. 

Shame for Devlin he started so well but his body is clearly made of glass which with his injury record before he came here was always a worry. Nice guy, great attitude and decent when fit but unfortunately no use to AFC as he is never fit. He will struggle to get a contract at a club and I imagine any one he does manage to get will be on a pay as you play basis. I genuinely wish him luck it's a shame it never worked out.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, RUL said:

Released at end of season, Goodwin confirmed today. 

Fantastic news. Should never have been allowed to continue for this long. Was constantly appearing on RedTV, telling us he was ‘getting close…’ he’s managed to make it through his latest contract award without kicking a ball!

Whoever sanctioned his last contract should also be taken outside and shot. 

Another top earner off the books is excellent news for the rebuild too! Goodwins budget should be very healthy.

• Upvote 1