Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye he looked a great signing that first 6 months of his first full season. 

Injury prone being an understatement though. Both before and during his time here.  He was recovering from a serious injury the first 6 months he came here. 

Agreed. He looked an excellent addition to our team, especially on the basis of his league debut against the venom at the start of season 18-19. He was brilliant that day.

Got to wonder though what their are getting fed and advised nutritionally at Pittodrie/Cormack Park as there are an unacceptable amount of long-term injuries at our club, far far more compared with other clubs  Ankle and hamstring injuries are high on the menu yet again. 

We were playing some great stuff, getting the desired results, then the injuries curse strikes again. 

Lack of Vitamin B1 in the players' diets, which could lead to the awful condition of Beri Beri, perhaps? Just a theory, of course 

13 hours ago, paddy said:

He got called up to the scotland squad a couple of times didnt he? Thats when folk were saying he and McKenna were the next McLeish and Miller.

Will be binned in Jan.

At the point he got caps for Scotland he was actually in honking form for us. I'm not even sure if he was getting a game. 

He was in great form for his first call up... but got that injury in training. it was devastating when he was gonna miss the league cup final! now we dont even notice if the cunts in the squad or nae

He was a good signing on paper, just never worked out. Seems a decent guy, and genuinely seems to understand what a good/bad Aberdeen performance is. 

I would still look at Jason Kerr, Liam Gordon and Stuart Findlay. 

Now, I don't know their contract situations but I reckon if we'd have to pay a fee it would rule them out. 

36 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He was a good signing on paper, just never worked out. Seems a decent guy, and genuinely seems to understand what a good/bad Aberdeen performance is. 

I would still look at Jason Kerr, Liam Gordon and Stuart Findlay. 

Now, I don't know their contract situations but I reckon if we'd have to pay a fee it would rule them out. 

Not sure about Gordon but fairly sure the other 2 are out of contract in the summer. Both have been mentioned as possible recruits in the past, Findlay being left sided and considering we haven't yet replaced McKenna would seem an obvious choice. However he has lost a bit of form this season and also lost his place in the Scotland squad. Maybe a new challenge is exactly what he needs. 

Kerr I know a bit more about as my son is a St J fanatic. Last season he was honkingly bad and this season they seem to be using him mainly at right back rather than centre back. We might need 0, 1 or 2 right sided centre backs this summer, depending on whether we can get Hoban to extend his contract (hopefully yes) and also if McInnes offers big Gash an extension (hopefully not). I'd suggest if Kerr isnt back in central defence soon, then if he isn't good enough for St J, he isn't good enough for us

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

Not sure about Gordon but fairly sure the other 2 are out of contract in the summer. Both have been mentioned as possible recruits in the past, Findlay being left sided and considering we haven't yet replaced McKenna would seem an obvious choice. However he has lost a bit of form this season and also lost his place in the Scotland squad. Maybe a new challenge is exactly what he needs. 

Kerr I know a bit more about as my son is a St J fanatic. Last season he was honkingly bad and this season they seem to be using him mainly at right back rather than centre back. We might need 0, 1 or 2 right sided centre backs this summer, depending on whether we can get Hoban to extend his contract (hopefully yes) and also if McInnes offers big Gash an extension (hopefully not). I'd suggest if Kerr isnt back in central defence soon, then if he isn't good enough for St J, he isn't good enough for us

Interesting on Kerr, is he still their captain? 

If Findlay is OOC he's definitely someone we should try for, like you say. If these guys were in top top form we probs couldn't get them. Rather, we know how good they can be and they can fulfil their potential with us. 

Fair play to your loon being a STJ fan. I presume that's because you live down there? Would be easier to support his old mans bigger team. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If Findlay is OOC he's definitely someone we should try for, like you say. If these guys were in top top form we probs couldn't get them. Rather, we know how good they can be and they can fulfil their potential with us. 

Fair play to your loon being a STJ fan. I presume that's because you live down there? Would be easier to support his old mans bigger team. 

He is still there captain and is desperate to leave. I work with his father in law and he was saying he regretted signing the contract extension as he did it for the club to get a good fee then no club has met their valuation, believed to be around 500k but he only has 18 months left on his deal so assume the price is dropping.

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Findlay has been in & out the Killie team lately, they’ve been playing two donkeys ahead of him.

Broadfoot & Dikamona (fuck knows if that’s spelled correctly!) 

Not sure about Findlay.

Not seen any of Kerr this season but he was dreadful last season by all accounts. 
As a replacement for Taylor he’d be fine, more dependable.
Declan Gallagher is the one SPFL centre half we can realistically target I’d like for the middle of a back 3. 

I liked him when we signed him and thought he was really good when he first played. 

When we signed him people said it was a risk as he had dodgy knees, they seem to be the only part of his legs that haven’t been injured since we signed him. His ankles seem to have been the worst part with these injuries, has it always been the same one that he injured in Scotland training. 

Another of DMs failed signings

As soon as his previous injury  history was revealed we all knew here we go again

A complete  waste of time for both parties although Devin has a decent wage out of the club for no return

The board really  need to clamp down on any dodgy  known previous injury  history players just don't go there

Nice guy but its been  a disappointing  signing one DM should never have been allowed to make