Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Am I right in saying he signed a pre contract with us before his first big cruciate injury?

No, he was rehabbing from his second. Same knee affected as his first. We got him in early so our medical team could oversee his rehab.....presumably they didn't trust Hamilton's

• 7 months later...

I didn't quite realise how bad Devlin's appearance record is.

Injured in the last game of the season in 2016/17 and since then has managed 51 appearances in the following 4 seasons.

Rumours he has signed for Aberdeen which I presume are true as he was at the Hacken home game in the Main Stand wearing a cast on his leg.

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I didn't quite realise how bad Devlin's appearance record is.

Injured in the last game of the season in 2016/17 and since then has managed 51 appearances in the following 4 seasons.

Rumours he has signed for Aberdeen which I presume are true as he was at the Hacken home game in the Main Stand wearing a cast on his leg.

Surely we never gave him a 6 month contract circa a month ago if he's still weeks away from being match fit? I presume then this is a new injury. It looks increasingly like he's never going to be fit enough for an extended run in the squad. 

Bin him now (harsh but he's been on a decent wage for years with us with little return).

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Surely we never gave him a 6 month contract circa a month ago if he's still weeks away from being match fit? I presume then this is a new injury. It looks increasingly like he's never going to be fit enough for an extended run in the squad. 

Bin him now (harsh but he's been on a decent wage for years with us with little return).

Was quoted on here last week that he's broken his foot. It's a minimum 6 weeks out if true, but can take 3-6 months to heal properly

I can understand Glass wanting to have a look at everyone he inherited before deciding whether he wants to keep them or not, but fuck me the decision to keep Devlin should have been taken out of his hands.

Cormack said a while back the wages/minutes played ratio was going to be tightened up. Would like to know how a new contract for Devlin complies with that statement.

12 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Surely Devlin has to do the right thing and cancel the contract. 

Why would he?

If AFC are mental enough to give him a contract for 6 months why should he go unpaid until January?

It’s the manager that fingers need to be pointed at, not Devlin, for being daft enough to keep him on. 

Devlin would be as well fast tracking himself through his coaching badges as he’s fuck all chance of having a playing career after virtually 3 seasons of injuries. 

Let’s give the lad some time to recover from a set back. He’s signed again because he wants to be a Don and a slight injury will not keep him down for long. 
It will be like signing a new player when he steps onto the pitch. The tannoy announcer better let the season ticket holders know who he is just incase of memory lapses. 
Go Mikey Devlin!

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Let’s give the lad some time to recover from a set back. He’s signed again because he wants to be a Don and a slight injury will not keep him down for long. 
It will be like signing a new player when he steps onto the pitch. The tannoy announcer better let the season ticket holders know who he is just incase of memory lapses. 
Go Mikey Devlin!

What?

• Haha 1