mike1234

Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why would he?

If AFC are mental enough to give him a contract for 6 months why should he go unpaid until January?

It’s the manager that fingers need to be pointed at, not Devlin, for being daft enough to keep him on. 

Devlin would be as well fast tracking himself through his coaching badges as he’s fuck all chance of having a playing career after virtually 3 seasons of injuries. 

How long have the club been paying his salary whilst he picks up injury after injury? It would obviously be a moral decision but you're right, it's highly unlikely he would. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

How long have the club been paying his salary whilst he picks up injury after injury? It would obviously be a moral decision but you're right, it's highly unlikely he would. 

He'll eventually get fit,  play well for a few months,  then fuck off when someone offers him better money elsewhere ( you reading this Wright?  You wee prick) 

*joking of course.  Like he'll ever be fit. 

42 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

He'll eventually get fit,  play well for a few months,  then fuck off when someone offers him better money elsewhere ( you reading this Wright?  You wee prick) 

*joking of course.  Like he'll ever be fit. 

Like Hoban did as well? 

11 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Like Hoban did as well? 

I thought Hoblin was released? 

21 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Like Hoban did as well? 

Didnt realise Hoban was offered any sort of contract to turn down.

Hoban was released.

Even if he wasn’t, who cares? He was abysmal last season.

Maybe the SFA are still paying the injury payments, so wages cost us nothing. :scarf:

8 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hoban was released.

Even if he wasn’t, who cares? He was abysmal last season.

Hoban was rotten last year, absolute liability - not sure what went wrong with him as he looked decent before that. I'd rather have had Ash Taylor in the team than Hoban last season. 

I've said before, and I shall say it again... Devlin will never play another full 90 mins for the Dons. The last time he was fit for 5 minutes he was bloomin useless anyway.

21 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've said before, and I shall say it again... Devlin will never play another full 90 mins for the Dons. 

Heard you the first time Don. 

Watched Glass's pre match presser on Redtv and he was asked about Devlin.

Was pretty cagey and didn't say anything other than he's doing his rehab and will be an asset when (😂) fit.

Wouldn't really be drawn on it at all.

Speaking on RedTV right now, in the pre-match show.  Just announced he hopes to return within the next few weeks.

7 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Speaking on RedTV right now, in the pre-match show.  Just announced he hopes to return within the next few weeks.

He did not seem confident that he would be ready within a few weeks.

15 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Faz the bint?

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Will be like having a new signing 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He'll get a fucking game at this rate 

Well he might get selected

Snapped achilles in the warm up

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Well he might get selected

Snapped achilles in the warm up

Hope not for first 6 months was brilliant. Next 2 and a half years injured so you will probably be right  

Hard to imagine that he won't immediately get injured on his return... and I say 'return' though I cant remember seeing him ever play for us.

Will some at the club,but just make the call and release him

Simply no point keeping him he is finished 

See if another club is willing to take the risk 

It won’t be long before the fully fit Devlin struts around the pitch in Dons colours. Get the flags and bunting out. 
At least he has someone with a bit confidence in him. Let’s make him feel wanted.

MIKEY DEVLIN THE FORGOTTEN PLAYER 

ALWAYS INJURED AND WITHOUT A PRAYER

SUDDENLY REAPPEARS TO A SOUND OF GLEE

UNFORTUNATELY  IT WAS ONLY FOR REDTV 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Should just retire that No 6 jersey. 

Should give it to Davie Bates.

Fits gan on with him and Matty Kennedy. Almost forget they play for us they've been injured that long.

I think Kennedy is at it. Devlin is on the road to recovery now….he is somewhere in Outer Mongolia at the moment 

Least Devlin contract is up in January, can get him off the wage bill

As for Kennedy, think he's signed with us till 2023, sooner we can shift him the better

2 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Least Devlin contract is up in January, can get him off the wage bill

As for Kennedy, think he's signed with us till 2023, sooner we can shift him the better

I thought  kennedy’s contract is up next summer? As with McGeough, Hayes, McGinn, Considine and Hedges.

Havent heard a cheap regarding Devlin for weeks now, assume he’s had another setback?

Edited by sooth_stander

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I thought  kennedy’s contract is up next summer? As with McGeough, Hayes, McGinn, Considine and Hedges.

Havent heard a cheap regarding Devlin for weeks now, assume he’s had another setback?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aberdeen-fc/kader/verein/370/saison_id/2021/plus/1

Gone off transfermarkt which has Kennedy as summer 2023

As for Devlin probably wouldnt shock me, complete waste of a wage the last 6 months