Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

Mikey Devlin is going to surprise you lot by being fit enough to sign a new contract until the summer. Glass likes his attitude and desire to push himself to get fit after such a horrific injury. 
Future captain of the Dons

When you say "fit enough to sign a new contract" I take it you mean fit enough to lift the pen and sign on the dotted line, rather than fit enough to actually play a game of football?

We basically gave him a 6 month contract in the summer and have got nothing at all out of him - I'd have had him on redtv every week to save paying whoever else we've had on, and I'd have had him cleaning the toilets and serving the pies as well.

49 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

When you say "fit enough to sign a new contract" I take it you mean fit enough to lift the pen and sign on the dotted line, rather than fit enough to actually play a game of football?

We basically gave him a 6 month contract in the summer and have got nothing at all out of him - I'd have had him on redtv every week to save paying whoever else we've had on, and I'd have had him cleaning the toilets and serving the pies as well.

Na. He's from Motherwell/Hamilton so likely not wash his hands. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

?

Yes, I meant lifting a pen to sign a new deal. As long as someone can wheel him into the cupboard as close to the contract paper as possible I am sure he could stretch over (gently) and sign on the dotted line. 

We've had some right bad luck with players and injury, or rather stupid decision making by the management signing up the cripples in the first place!

Certain players are unlucky, Considine for example, but then you've got McInnes signing guys like May and Hoban, both had long term injuries, and expecting anything less than 80% of their time on the injury table. 

Did Kennedy have injury problems prior to signing for us? Wouldn't be surprised.  

6 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

We've had some right bad luck with players and injury, or rather stupid decision making by the management signing up the cripples in the first place!

Certain players are unlucky, Considine for example, but then you've got McInnes signing guys like May and Hoban, both had long term injuries, and expecting anything less than 80% of their time on the injury table. 

Did Kennedy have injury problems prior to signing for us? Wouldn't be surprised.  

Unfortunately that's our market... prospects, promising lower league players, home grown, and injury gambles. 

Sometimes the gamble won't pay off and we'll be stuck with a cripple for most of his career... and then give him an extension. 

19 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Unfortunately that's our market... prospects, promising lower league players, home grown, and injury gambles. 

Sometimes the gamble won't pay off and we'll be stuck with a cripple for most of his career... and then give him an extension. 

Unless we have Jesus as a physio I suggest we stay away from cripples from now on.

6 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

May was rarely injured for us 

37 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

At AGM today saying he's most likely out for another 6-7 weeks to recover from injury, surely cant be given a new deal?

Embarrassing. The fuck is even wrong with him this time? 

He needs to just retire. He’ll never get himself fit enough to play at a decent level again.

6 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Best case scenario, a pay per play deal.

There's no such thing it's it's true sense

We'd have to pay him at least the minimum wage as his base salary and structure pay per play on top of that

Best case scenario.........Glass grows a pair and says "cheerio ma dearie" to him in January