mike1234

Mikey Devlin - Injured Again

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

🤣 Fucking ridiculous 

If this is how glass hopes to end the January transfer window. He needs locking up. 

2 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

If this is how glass hopes to end the January transfer window. He needs locking up. 

Complete stupidity offering him anything other than a shake of the hand & pointing him to the exit door.

You lot wouldn’t believe me when I said he has been offered 18 month deal once he gets fit.

• Upvote 1

Please please don't sign him on

The guy has a permanent sick note

Huge mistake even if it's just a consideration by Glass and the board

48 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

You lot wouldn’t believe me when I said he has been offered 18 month deal once he gets fit.

It’s not that people didn’t believe you, it’s been reported for a while, it’s just they didn’t want him signing 

Edited by thurso
  • Upvote 1

A decent enough guy and at times a decent enough player 

however his alleged major part in the COVID issue and his apparent reluctance to accept any disciple or admission of wrongdoing sealed his fate for me 

just let him go 

48 minutes ago, thurso said:

It’s not that people didn’t believe you, it’s been reported for a while, it’s just they didn’t want him signing 

Stop it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

🤣 Fucking ridiculous 

🤣like a new signing 

I really thought Glass would struggle to have a worse transfer window this time than his first one 🤣

Be as well giving Willie Miller a new contract, probably similar chance of seeing him on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

🤣like a new signing 

I really thought Glass would struggle to have a worse transfer window this time than his first one 🤣

Bit early to say that to be fair.

1st February is when we judge.

However, re-signing Devlin would be a joke. 
We are not a charity. 

Ok so I am in a minority of 1 but I rated Devlin highly when he was alongside McKenna and I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player.   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Ok so I am in a minority of 1 but I rated Devlin highly when he was alongside McKenna and I still think he has the potential to be a very very good player.   

That was about 3 years and 5 injury setbacks ago - think you’re being a tad optimistic 

5 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

He was shite aside from the first 3-4 months of that season you talk about.

2 minutes ago, NEM said:

That was about 3 years and 5 injury setbacks ago - think you’re being massively deluded. 

6 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Yeah he was good at that moment in time. But how long ago was that? 

He's been out for so long and suffered so many injuries, I don't think there is any chance we're going to get that player back. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Stop it

Stop what oh great one 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Bit early to say that to be fair.

1st February is when we judge.

However, re-signing Devlin would be a joke. 
We are not a charity. 

I know it very rarely happens but has been suggested numerous times (sadly more so by Aberdeen fans than any other because of the amount of aged crocks we always tend to sign) but this deal really is one that should be an absolute minimum wage with appearance add ons. Devlin is definitely the perfect time for us to finally do a pay as you play contract.

If only he hadn’t had that good run of form 2/3 years ago and got that call up to the Scotland squad. Been permanently injured ever since he got injured then

How long will it be until we hear the quote “Devlin will be like getting a new signing” or words to that effect.

2 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

How long will it be until we hear the quote “Devlin will be like getting a new signing” or words to that effect.

Errrrrrrrrr sort of very recently.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Errrrrrrrrr sort of very recently.

Shit. Sorry, did I miss reading it? If so, my mistake. 

24 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Delighted hes signing a new deal. Purely because @WesthillWanderersFC will combust. 

My more apathetic feelings about football & the Dons means I’ll downgrade it from combust.

It’s more LOL & another reason Glass should be nowhere near a club like Aberdeen. 

Would be a very strange one. 

• Upvote 3

Its just a horrific suggestion.

I feel sorry for the loon that his career has been wrecked in it's peak years by a succession of severe injuries but I'm afraid the player we signed 4 years ago no longer exists.

As has  been said, we aren't a charity.  There's something about this situation that is starting to smell tbh. 

Incriminating photos involving Glass? I'm struggling to think of another reason.

27 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Incriminating photos involving Glass? I'm struggling to think of another reason.

Must go higher up the food chain then Glass, given how long this has been going on. Photos of Milne with a goat, maybe?

• Haha 1