Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Scottish Cup 2020/21

14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Scott Brown the world class player and motivator on show again today.

Unreal that so many of our support see this signing as anything but a disaster. Hopefully the argument that because he played well last time v the huns means he can still cut it at this level can be put to bed. 

Didn't see much but seen him fouling huns. bring it on.

21 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Scott Brown the world class player and motivator on show again today.

Unreal that so many of our support see this signing as anything but a disaster. Hopefully the argument that because he played well last time v the huns means he can still cut it at this level can be put to bed. 

I’m sure if you compare him to our midfields showing yesterday he’d easily get a game for us. 

43 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Didn't see much but seen him fouling huns. bring it on.

I only watched the Bigotfest to see Brown and thought he looked pretty good, very fit and crunched into several tackles. Looking at them just now I can see why Brown is looking after himself and leaving, the Tims Managers job is a massive job with a massive re-build required

1 hour ago, Sheepo said:

I only watched the Bigotfest to see Brown and thought he looked pretty good, very fit and crunched into several tackles. Looking at them just now I can see why Brown is looking after himself and leaving, the Tims Managers job is a massive job with a massive re-build required

You think he’ll be afforded the same “crunching tackles” when he’s not Celtic captain? Will be worse than Shinnie for suspensions.

There can be no doubting Brown isn't what he was in previous years. And let's face it, if he were he wouldn't be coming to Aberdeen. In saying that I think there can also be no doubting that despite the fact he isn't what he was he's still an improvement on what we currently have.

In my view Hibs are currently third best in the country. The first challenge for Glass is to change that which may become a tall order if they get that guaranteed Euro group stage spot which could earn them an estimated £4 million or so. Chicken feed in England but major money in Scotland outside the top two. The kind of money that can elevate you above the chasing pack. It's worrying.

1 hour ago, Lan_Lad said:

There can be no doubting Brown isn't what he was in previous years. And let's face it, if he were he wouldn't be coming to Aberdeen. In saying that I think there can also be no doubting that despite the fact he isn't what he was he's still an improvement on what we currently have.

In my view Hibs are currently third best in the country. The first challenge for Glass is to change that which may become a tall order if they get that guaranteed Euro group stage spot which could earn them an estimated £4 million or so. Chicken feed in England but major money in Scotland outside the top two. The kind of money that can elevate you above the chasing pack. It's worrying.

This was the biggest season for Aberdeen in a long time and we are looking like blowing it due to that horrendous spell from scottish cup semi until the Dumbarton game.

It's not impossible for us to turn it around but Hibs are heavy favourites. 

With Celtic out of the cup we know that europa spot won't be decided until the cup final so it's all to play for.

Surely the kick off times and premier/bbc picks will be announced this afternoon.

Premier get first and second pick which I presume would be Rangers/St Johnstone and Aberdeen/United.

BBC get third and fourth pick which I presume would be Hibs/Motherwell and Killie/St Mirren